Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-06-2006, 12:29 AM   #31
Mutley

In WA at the moment, business owners are desperate for staff, but in particular trades. The unemployment rate is currently 3.5%. The news is full of these stories every day. If your in for a change of scenery, come over here and I'm confident you'll get work almost immediately.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 01:38 AM   #32
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley
In WA at the moment, business owners are desperate for staff, but in particular trades. The unemployment rate is currently 3.5%. The news is full of these stories every day. If your in for a change of scenery, come over here and I'm confident you'll get work almost immediately.
I came ove here from NSW with $5000 to get started. My parents shipped my suits and personal stuff over after i got here.
I stayed in the Globe Backpackers for 4 weeks, and snagged a very good paying job for my first real stint at I.T

Went to the internet cafe every day, spending 3 or more hours at a time applying for jobs and doing up resumes as well as doing application letters.

In the end, i had 2 job offers and one 2nd interview request and had to make up my mind what i wanted to do... plenty of opportunity here..people will give you a fair go!

It's hard work, but its rewarding!!
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #33
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thankyou everyone for the advice.

Gas0Lane: Yes I probably don't really need the literacy sides of things, it's mainly my Numeracy that weakens me.

Last edited by Ryan; 11-06-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #34
EB 2 XR8
Traino!

1 word: appreticeship

EB 2 XR8 - 5 Speed, All Black, SSV Bodykit,

EF 2 XR6 - 5 Speed, XR Kit, Sunroof,

Current Car:

EL GLI - Straight As!
EB 2 XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2006, 04:19 PM   #35
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go to Addeco or forstaff, there employment agencys
Old 11-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #36
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Yeah one thing I feel comfortable with, is talking about cars and stuff.

I don't know, I have a hardtime talking about other things, but when the subjects is about cars I can go for hours.

So would you guys suggest I would be better suited to working in say a car parts shop or something in the Automotive industry?
There is your answer mate.. Visit all car yards, car parts shops etc...
If you have confidence talking about cars then that confidence will shine through when you face them and tell them you want a job..

Tell them you will start anywhere, do anything.. be persistent.. You have that confidence about you in cars, pursue it..

Good Luck and we look forward to hearing a 'I am about to start my new job' thread from you very soon..

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-06-2006, 01:34 AM   #37
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

The way things are going trade is were the money is going to be unless your a lawyer, doctor etc? There is a massive shortage of trade people out there.. Welding,metal work,metal fabricating etc...Tafe all the way..
I have many friends who have been to uni and cannot get work...
Mind you they are possibly applying for c.e.o jobs????
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #38
Ringo
I see you....

Ryan I agree with above - Some of the other trades are paying double what working in Automotive does. Cars can always be your passion and hobby - just bear that in mind.

Attitude counts for a lot. An amployer has to be able to look at you and have confidence that you can do the - a can do attitude will get you so far.

Your attitude is in the right place

Go Ryan
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #39
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

You obviously took your literacy and Numeracy course seriously... your spelling and grammar is excellent! It's better than 99% of the people on these forums.

Congratulations, and I guarantee you that will be an asset to you in your career whatever you decide to do!

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 08:22 PM   #40
gtfpv
GT

my 2c . mate get your thinking confidence hat on . don't worry about training yet . try kitchen shop fitting or cabinat making industrial places. walk in say you can start now . keep going down the whole street. they have plenty of labourers jobs going often , also pubs . go in and put your name down . bar assistant .( picking up glasses and washing them and cleaning. . if all fails stand in a pub at night with a sign around your chest ( looking for work) or strike up conversation . someone might give you a start. then after you score a job . work hard , look around and grab opportunities.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post