Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
xr8dan
It's a v8 ute

Default Bathurst 2012

Hello to everyone at AFF, I am in perth and ask for help on this issue.

I want to go to bathurst this year but have never been before, I would like advice from old schoolers that have been many times and what they have done.

I can drive or fly there and maybe book tickets on the web but I am a bit nervous that when I get there I won't know where the hell I'm going or what I should be doing.

Maybe it would be easier to get a package deal with a travel agent.

Thanks for any help.

Dan.

xr8dan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bathurst 2012

book accomadation now unless you are camping i havnt been for a few years but they had a shuttle bus from town to the top of the mountain i always drove and camped near the castrol tower close to showers and toilets big sceen accross the track excelent viewing of 85% of the track and waching them enter mc philamy(sic)was awsome either way dont be a gunner just do it you wont regret it
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
xr8dan
It's a v8 ute

Thats what I thought thanks for the info.

Dan
Old 21-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have not missed a race since 76 including the 2 litre races. Best advice is to sort out your accomdation first depending on your budget. Camp sites are out in March for the previous campers then later they release the remainder to the public. If you get in touch with V8 supercars in Brisbane they will help you.
Tickets are easy to obtain and if you want a grandstand seat get in early if not a 4 day pass with pit/paddock access is what you need. It also depends where you want to view from , it takes some time to sort out a favoured spot. I watch from Hell corner and am up every year at 3am to make the short walk from the paddock camp to our position.
See what you come up with in terms of your situation and get back i will be happy to help.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #5
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went last year for the first time with a mate from work and his brother. They had the camp site already booked and we just bought tickets at the track when we arrived at 1am on the Friday morning.
Just do the camping. It's a fun thing to do. Just take a shade or something to keep either the sun or the rain off of you. I ended up buying a tarp and used the tent poles and rope to construct a shelter. Having three full grown blokes huddled under there whilst it's absolutely bucketing down was a bit cosy.
It can be hot, and it can be cold, so pack for all four seasons. We had a gale blowing up over the mountain on Sunday and it was freezing cold!
We camped in the Sulliman/Reid campground and watched the race from McPhillarmy (sp?)
Old 21-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

I plan to go this year. That's why I joined the site—to get info.

I plan to camp, too. I've been camping at the 12 Hours of Sebring every year since 2000. I'm hoping it's a similar kind of party.
Old 21-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
xr8dan
It's a v8 ute

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been making some enquiries today and should have a plan soon.

Dan
Old 22-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
nb_351
building the xe...

I live at mudgee now so I'll be driving an hour there and an hour home lol or if I decide to celebrate ill get the wife to pick me up never been before though can't wait
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post