Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-06-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
Bretts AU

Default Help, Fuel related parts

Hi all, I'll be looking at replacing everything fuel system related in my 2000 AU fairmont 6cyl sedan live axle. I'd like to replace these items just to be on the safe side, plus I think its probably time as I don't know if they were done by previous owner.

Only thing is Im struggling to find the right parts I need:
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Injectors
Fuel pressure regulator

All I'm finding for fuel pump is the whole module & pump for $200+ but I just want the pump.

Ive found a fuel filter on super cheap part number is Ryco Z528 is that correct?

Injectors, I don't know if its worthwhile to buy new or just get a 2nd hand set reconditioned.

Regulator, Ive read up on them saying they can clog up, again don't know whats better, new or clean a 2nd hand unit.

If anyone is able to help out with part numbers, pricing, where to go to buy parts please let me know.

I have SCA, Coventrys, Autobahn or Veales close by.

Also what is the benefit of rotating the pump sock? haven't found much extra info on that

Thanks all
(I've had a search as well on here, just don't know what to look for)
DBA T2 rotors front
Futura bobtail
Bretts AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #2
Dingo
Ford T3 Partsologist

Default Re: Help, Fuel related parts

Have a look at these:

Fuel Pump - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-Ne...8/162248515064

Fuel Pump repair kit - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Brand-Ne...n/221350652892

Fuel Filter - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-...frcectupt=true

Injectors - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6PCS-Fue...frcectupt=true

Fuel Regulator - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-AU-...i/324185902747

hope this is of assistance to you....

rgds Dingo

2002 Blueprint T3 TE50 Manual Koni Suspension # 161

T-Series Club of Australia - www.tseriesclub.org

Last edited by Dingo; 03-06-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
Bretts AU

Thanks so much Dingo, much appreciated, definitely within my price range for parts. Again Thanks
DBA T2 rotors front
Futura bobtail
Old 04-06-2020, 03:55 PM   #4
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivat-ed View Post
Hi all, I'll be looking at replacing everything fuel system related in my 2000 AU fairmont 6cyl sedan live axle. I'd like to replace these items just to be on the safe side, plus I think its probably time as I don't know if they were done by previous owner.

Only thing is Im struggling to find the right parts I need:
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Injectors
Fuel pressure regulator

All I'm finding for fuel pump is the whole module & pump for $200+ but I just want the pump.

Ive found a fuel filter on super cheap part number is Ryco Z528 is that correct?

Injectors, I don't know if its worthwhile to buy new or just get a 2nd hand set reconditioned.

Regulator, Ive read up on them saying they can clog up, again don't know whats better, new or clean a 2nd hand unit.

If anyone is able to help out with part numbers, pricing, where to go to buy parts please let me know.

I have SCA, Coventrys, Autobahn or Veales close by.

Also what is the benefit of rotating the pump sock? haven't found much extra info on that

Thanks all
(I've had a search as well on here, just don't know what to look for)
Hi mate, I understand that you have asked about replacing these items but a couple of them may not need replacing.

Is there an issue with the car? If so, then go and replace everything but one at a time, that way, you can find the problem without having to replace absolutely everything. If not, you could be wasting some good money that could be spent on other things. You could also be replacing good quality parts with questionable ebay specials that are not as reliable as the parts that you replaced.

Give some of the parts that you have such as the fuel regulator and fuel pump a clean out and replace the fuel filter.

Up to you mate, but why spend money that is not needed.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #5
Bretts AU

Absolutely understand PG2, I had planned to replace things one at a time. I was told when I bought the car 5+ years ago that the fuel filter & pump had been replaced but I was also told it had been serviced & that was BS.

I've changed to unleaded 95 from 91 so thought maybe that has loosened something in the tank or I'm thinking too much into it, I'd like to at least get the injectors cleaned or serviced.
DBA T2 rotors front
Futura bobtail
Old 07-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
Dingo
Ford T3 Partsologist

G’day again

Re the fuel filter I’ve just noticed there are 2 types the one you first listed and the one I’ve shown, the one you listed is right near the fuel tank or if it’s under the LH rear door It will be the one I listed

Cheers

2002 Blueprint T3 TE50 Manual Koni Suspension # 161

T-Series Club of Australia - www.tseriesclub.org

Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post