Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2024, 07:39 AM   #31
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS January 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
If your looking for suspension specifically I think they will bring another Diesel spec lower end FX4 out in the next year or so.

The demo Raptor V6 petrols I have had all hover between 14 - 18 litres per hundred. You can nearly watch the fuel guage go down around town.
What's your average speed?..our former G6ET sat at 14L/100km because driven daily by my wife from home to cbd in real crawl stop/start with an average speed around 22km/hr....a weekend visit to the in-laws saw average speed rise to say 35km/hr and fuel drop to 10L/100km.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2024, 07:48 AM   #32
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Yep, no sympathy though you might get a deal now thanks to them. Dealers have their "profit" of abandoned deposits so can pass some of that on to customers. No markup to be expected.
I nearly fell off my recliner couch onto the floor earlier this week after my 21y.o. asked if I would "consider trading my Vito for a Ranger?"...I asked why and she replied...."because I'd like to use it for camping and music festivals.... I won't scrape the bottom like I do in my Focus"...and now I've ordered a new...protection shield for her Focus as it's missing the mid-section....took her with me to the dealer to order the part and she spotted an F-150..."what about that"? and I said "it's not a Ranger.".."yeah I know it's the Amercian Ford truck"....my heart went all warm and fuzzy....not since AFL Oz kick and whipping the boys at handball comp have I been so proud...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2024, 08:52 AM   #33
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I nearly fell off my recliner couch onto the floor earlier this week after my 21y.o. asked if I would "consider trading my Vito for a Ranger?"...I asked why and she replied...."because I'd like to use it for camping and music festivals.... I won't scrape the bottom like I do in my Focus"...and now I've ordered a new...protection shield for her Focus as it's missing the mid-section....took her with me to the dealer to order the part and she spotted an F-150..."what about that"? and I said "it's not a Ranger.".."yeah I know it's the Amercian Ford truck"....my heart went all warm and fuzzy....not since AFL Oz kick and whipping the boys at handball comp have I been so proud...lol
All fun and games till she asks you for petrol money! I saved and bought my XR8 at a similar age. Regretted it a few times when I was counting cents to run it! Bank of Dad filled the car a fair few times!
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2024, 10:24 AM   #34
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Ranger yes. But I’m still finding Everest thin on the ground.
Dealers are quoting 6 months plus for an Everest Sport V6.
Maybe they can divert some resources into more Everests.
I have been doing the rounds for a Everest Sport V6 this week. Been told by multiple Dealers to set my expectations to delivery at 12 months, give or take.
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2024, 10:58 AM   #35
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmdat View Post
Ordered mine 16 months ago, now on the boat on it's way. Was tempted to pay overs for one on Carsales a few times. Helped that I haven't driven one because if I had would probably have payed overs.
Flippers are still asking $4K-$8K above the drive away price for the upper spec Everest models. (Then there are $3K (in QLD) rego transfer fees on top of that.) I hope they get burnt.

I have done the financial maths a few different ways on vehicle flipping, and I just don't see how the risk/reward pays off for the flipper. Sure, I get it happens. But what surprises me is the number of people who engage in the practice. Wouldn't scalping Taylor Swift tickets would be more profitable?
Old 08-02-2024, 11:48 AM   #36
prydey
Rob

I have a mate who ordered an Everest. Waited 12 months for it but by the time it arrived he had changed his mind. He thought it would suit his families life, being a multi purpose vehicle, but then decided it was too big for day to day duties. Sold it with delivery km only and it went instantly. He didn't cash in.

Not everyone is trying to make a buck.

On a similar note, another guy I know ordered a new kenworth. Same deal, mega long wait time from ordering until delivery. By the time it was due circumstances had changed and I think he sold his business or retired. Kenworth happily offered him his money back but he declined and took delivery. Much like landcruiser, the 2nd hand market is actually higher than new. Sometimes you just have to cash in on what the market is paying.
Old 08-02-2024, 11:58 AM   #37
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
Flippers are still asking $4K-$8K above the drive away price for the upper spec Everest models. (Then there are $3K (in QLD) rego transfer fees on top of that.) I hope they get burnt.

I have done the financial maths a few different ways on vehicle flipping, and I just don't see how the risk/reward pays off for the flipper. Sure, I get it happens. But what surprises me is the number of people who engage in the practice. Wouldn't scalping Taylor Swift tickets would be more profitable?
Few dealer around asking for $93-95k for Everest Platinum. Theres one local to me, not attached to a Ford Dealer, with one in Equinox Bronze (exactly what I have ordered). Has less than 100km on it and they are asking $95k. Its one of these "no negotiation, best price is on the ticket" places. If i wasn't so close to having mine arrive at the dealer id consider rocking up and offering my contract price for it... lol

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2024, 01:04 PM   #38
Warrenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Theres one local to me, not attached to a Ford Dealer, with one in Equinox Bronze (exactly what I have ordered).
Where about is this one for sale? I have a Platinum ordered and colour is bronze as well. No interest in buying it, as I want at least the 2024.5 model, but would like to see a Platinum in Equinox Bronze.
Old 08-02-2024, 01:33 PM   #39
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
I have been doing the rounds for a Everest Sport V6 this week. Been told by multiple Dealers to set my expectations to delivery at 12 months, give or take.

Where are you? I could deliver one in September.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-02-2024, 02:56 PM   #40
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Where are you? I could deliver one in September.
Thanks, but I will pass. I have signed a purchase agreement. While they are easy enough to get out of, I will stay with the arrangement.
Old 08-02-2024, 08:52 PM   #41
vixf6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
What are they using fuel wise?

Due to size and engine I’d expect 12 highway and 18-20 around town
11.9 so far but drive it pretty easy, hardly any towing, phenomenal vehicle.
IMG_7704.jpeg
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-02-2024, 02:20 PM   #42
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Waited 3 weeks for mine and picked up an ex demo from the same dealer for a friend due a car been written off (no wait time).

You need to shop with your fingers.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2024, 02:23 PM   #43
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
Attachment 107034
That's more fuel efficient than my old banger Mazda Bravo with 10x the power
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2024, 02:59 PM   #44
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
Attachment 107034
i spoke to a mate about his, said sydney day to day driving is 15, 18 if he is tempted by the engine

pretty good considering my territory is 18 in the same conditions
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2024, 05:31 PM   #45
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

commercial vehicle sales for January over here in nz has Ford at 1603 and Toyota at 954

Last edited by HSVKILLA; 09-02-2024 at 05:36 PM.
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2024, 08:25 PM   #46
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenk View Post
Where about is this one for sale? I have a Platinum ordered and colour is bronze as well. No interest in buying it, as I want at least the 2024.5 model, but would like to see a Platinum in Equinox Bronze.
Sorry, completely missed your comment, this was at Bog Box Cars in Salisbury but its no longer on the website so may no longer be there. I do know a few dealers in Brisbane have bronze demo of a Platinum Ranger or Everest if you want to try a few to have a look. Failing that, mines due March your welcome to check that out lol

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2024, 12:14 AM   #47
Warrenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post
Sorry, completely missed your comment, this was at Bog Box Cars in Salisbury but its no longer on the website so may no longer be there. I do know a few dealers in Brisbane have bronze demo of a Platinum Ranger or Everest if you want to try a few to have a look. Failing that, mines due March your welcome to check that out lol
Thanks for the offer to have a look at your Platinum when it arrives. I have seen a Trend in bronze when I saw the dealer last month to pick a colour to replace the Sedona Orange we had on order. I was only wanting to see the Platinum in bronze to see if the bling made it look any different. They say we will receive our Platinum around Christmas, so there is plenty of time for a Platinum to pop in bronze before we get ours.