Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2005, 08:36 AM   #1
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Default The Farce & The Foolishness

Sunday night fun for the Lunatic fringe in South Strathfield.

Datsun/Nissan loses it into parked car whilst street racing, 10 injured and or hospitalised.
And what better way to end the foolishness than a blue from onlookers with the coppers and ambos. Good work all involved why not give the bleading hearts and the "without a clue" politicians another reason to have a crack at anything shiny with four wheels.

Ricer/Enthic comments with-held! (but only just) Anyone who gets pulled over in Sydney and put through the wringer for a loudish exhaust note or lowered ride height etc, in the next month can thank these dickheads....
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'm sure the majority of the cars were probably imports so it should still be safe driving around my warm V8
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
I'm sure the majority of the cars were probably imports so it should still be safe driving around my warm V8
The problem is the media isn't that savvy, and anything thats not a late model camry is regarded as a hoonmobile racer.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:53 AM   #4
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
The problem is the media isn't that savvy, and anything thats not a late model camry is regarded as a hoonmobile racer.
..so watch out if you have an earlier model camry! :P
Old 07-02-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a read of this account of the events from the ABC
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...2/s1297047.htm

Then the one from the terrorgraph:
http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...toryid=2625016

One of the blokes that sits near me owns a Skyline and we had a bet as to whether the Telegraph could find a way to mention Skylines in the story.

Regards,
Tote
Old 07-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
whippet_zetec
Supes

yep, watch for the opressive crack downs on modded cars from NSW's Finest....all thanks to the morons from last night..
Old 07-02-2005, 11:50 AM   #7
paul7v7
bring it on

low life scum is all they are...hopefully the ones charged are given a decent sentence and not just a slap on the wrist.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #8
big_pete
Sublime

its not fair to label ALL import cars as ricers/hoons/dickheads. as some of you have
thats what the media is for.

im sick of deadshits ruining it for the rest of us!
Old 07-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
its not fair to label ALL import cars as ricers/hoons/dickheads. as some of you have
thats what the media is for.

im sick of deadshits ruining it for the rest of us!
That is life unfortunately, those in the shooting sports know all about it....
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #10
Pik0

The guy is trying to race at high speeds in a Datsun 1600, i have driven one of them before and they are the shittest car i have ever seen, no power and even less brakes, the guy deserves to be dead...
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 12:12 PM   #11
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Its a shame that some people have to learn the hard way....

These people spend shyte loads on their cars and they cant be stuffed saving $50 to do that at a track! Some deserve what they get, but not the bystanders (who shouldn''t be there anyway, but its easy to get caught up in it I know).
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane

Last edited by Polyal; 07-02-2005 at 01:35 PM.
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:17 PM   #12
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

Damn idiots. Just makes it worse for people that modify their car and don't do stupid shit on the street.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #13
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik0
The guy is trying to race at high speeds in a Datsun 1600, i have driven one of them before and they are the shittest car i have ever seen, no power and even less brakes, the guy deserves to be dead...
Id say if a 1600 has "no power" then you wouldn't loose control in a straight line. I'd sat it was modified. Something like what my mate and i are building.....FJ20Turbo powered 1600
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:59 PM   #14
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Yer it doesnt say that it was a stock Datto 1600... you couldnt lose control of one of those knee deep in oil. It would have been modified..

Interesting comarison between the ABC report and the Telegraph though... just shows what some journo's will churn out to sell a paper.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:02 PM   #15
Aussie Pete

The Media and The Justice system. Both at full throttle now! Just like XA Coupe said: just like shooters.....

Having been at the scene of the infamous Street Machine Summernats 'riot' (as the media called it) I'll bet the Police arrived at the scene with all the subtlety of a gay marching in the mardi gras. i.e. none and then none. And they wonder why things get out of control. See, instead of going for the dim wits who caused this incident I'll bet the cops went there to bust EVERYONE. Like busting everyone at new years because there's a few drunks - people wouldn't stand for it.

I too hope they give this looney tune datto driver a roasting. But don't let the media unfairly influence justice as so often happens.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:08 PM   #16
Aeron
DJR Fan

A mate of mine was there when it happened. He said people pulled the driver of the Dato out of the car and have him a beating.
But, if you go to the runs, you have to expect this sort of thing to happen. It is a risk, even to watch. I've seen many many crashes at the runs. Too many.
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:14 PM   #17
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I "had my say" about the Telegraph article. Some of you should do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8 (to Telegraph)
"Why don't you guys focus on getting some legal drag racing venues set up, instead of sensationalising the accidents that occur because of a lack of such facilities. And I'm not talking about WSID - that costs $45 with meetings held on wednesday evenings. I'm talking about a low cost venue somewhere. We pay enough road taxes, some of it should be directed to drivers needs, instead of being spent on politicians superannuation!"
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #18
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

sif they were all imports..........narrow minded people

that datto wasnt stock lol, wouldnt be surprised if it had a wroked SR20DET under the hood, cos theres one nearm my area complete with roll cage and all lol

but seriously dont be baggin the cars that were involved with teh crash, it shouldnt matter if it was a holden, ford, audi, ferrari, lada :P its the dickheads behind the wheel that are to blame, as they couldve been behind the wheel of any car regardless of make and model and still have a crash while drag racing.

sorry to have a whine but im tired of people stereotyping cars when they should be doing it to the drivers as theyre doing pretty much what the media is doing to cars in general :(

and if you can afford to make a fast car or to even buy a fast car tehn you can afford the 50 bucks to take it to the track IMHO

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #19
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCXR8
I "had my say" about the Telegraph article. Some of you should do the same.
i don't know about Sydney or not but in Melbourne councils and residents will bitch and complain about places like this being built. I mean easternats at Sandown park last year was nearly stopped becuase of a few nut bags.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #20
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The fact is even if there was a local complex for quarter mile drags kids will still race on the street. Most of the guys you find at these street meets will race on the street regardless some probably dont even care what quarter mile times they run.

I know Calder park on a friday night doesnt appeal to me due to all the people and having to wait in line for so long before getting a run. I do however try not to miss a heathcote day.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #21
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sunday night fun for the Lunatic fringe in South Strathfield.

Datsun/Nissan loses it into parked car whilst street racing, 10 injured and or hospitalised.
And what better way to end the foolishness than a blue from onlookers with the coppers and ambos. Good work all involved why not give the bleading hearts and the "without a clue" politicians another reason to have a crack at anything shiny with four wheels.

Ricer/Enthic comments with-held! (but only just) Anyone who gets pulled over in Sydney and put through the wringer for a loudish exhaust note or lowered ride height etc, in the next month can thank these dickheads....

It must have been the week of the idiot as someone I know did a bunout on a busy street in Curl Curl on saterday(with his 6yr old son in the car) and lost it and hit 2 parked cars totaling all 3 cars, the lack of intellignce some people have. luckly no people were injured.
By the way he was driving a 255 clubsport.
As you said, thanks to people like this giving most good people a bad name

Last edited by Quadcams; 07-02-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #22
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
The Media and The Justice system. Both at full throttle now! Just like XA Coupe said: just like shooters.....

Having been at the scene of the infamous Street Machine Summernats 'riot' (as the media called it) I'll bet the Police arrived at the scene with all the subtlety of a gay marching in the mardi gras. i.e. none and then none. And they wonder why things get out of control. See, instead of going for the dim wits who caused this incident I'll bet the cops went there to bust EVERYONE. Like busting everyone at new years because there's a few drunks - people wouldn't stand for it.

I too hope they give this looney tune datto driver a roasting. But don't let the media unfairly influence justice as so often happens.
Now hang on a minute? How exectly does a couple of squad cars arrive at scene of a multi car wreck, 10 injured spectators and rent a rabble in a subtle manner?

Street racing in this form is just not on, because these guys do not have clue. Would you race your car, full noise with spectators, (most likely drunk ones) along your quarter mile or in your run off area? I though that kind of lunacy was reserved Madd-*** Arabic Mini Movies.
Seems these monkeys can replicate those mpg movie scenes with everything but the sand,the wailing and caftans. I wouldn't ever consider leaving my car parked at the end of a run let alone standing there.

Those old enough would remember brickies in Homebush, in the early days it was all enthusiasts and was self regulated, the more it became popular the more the lunatic fringe turned as did the regular raids. In the final years before the land was sold it just wasn't worth turning up because the place was packed with dipsticks. In these times of litigation its no longer possible for police to turn a blind eye, like they once could to couple of guys having a run. And Sunday night wasn't a couple of guys having a run, it was just the usual rabble and an accident waiting to happen which it ultimately did.

Its not difficult or expensive to do street runs at Eastern Creek, these guys just dont have the balls to race against real timing, or to have there cars even near the very loose street meet scrutineering.

I'm not the greatest fan of NSW traffic police but on this occasion they were just there cleaning up the mess.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #23
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
That is life unfortunately, those in the shooting sports know all about it....
The ironic thing is they make us out to be some big gun nutter stereotype then set out to **** us off!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #24
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgi
I know Calder park on a friday night doesnt appeal to me due to all the people and having to wait in line for so long before getting a run. I do however try not to miss a heathcote day.
Sorry Dan, but thats the worst excuse i've ever heard. It takes just as long to get to calder/heathcote for you as it does for me but I don't race on the street. If you want as many runs as your car will handle then go to a heathcote test and tune day. You'll never be left waiting there.

Having a bit of fun getting to the speed limit is entirely different to a 160kmh+ drag with some moron on a suburban road with too many variables to contemplate.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #25
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
The ironic thing is they make us out to be some big gun nutter stereotype then set out to **** us off!
Well if they saw that photo of the tricycle and the Camouflage they may have a point. :
Old 08-02-2005, 12:20 AM   #26
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

Aftering seeing the actions of some of the people towards the police there I must say I am dissapointed they didnt shoot them.
Its the same group that always acts like that.
I mean you have been a idiot and done something wrong - why carry on like a falafal headed twat about it when the police want to speak to you. Or in most cases dont want to speak to you but your just hanging around trying to cause trouble.

So if the crackdown on certain modified car elements come there cant be many excuses.
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 12:21 AM   #27
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Well if they saw that photo of the tricycle and the Camouflage they may have a point. :
OI!!

........it was a bike with training wheels!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post