Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
GJH65

Default WB Festiva speedo / dash cluster

Hi all,
My daughter just bought a 95 WB Festiva. The previous owner changed the original blue dash cluster to one with a tacho (black gauges). Perhaps from a later model as the milage was quite low.
I have tested the speed readings against 1km markers. It seems at 100km/h the newer speedo reads 88/89ish.
I have the original cluster but it doesn't work at all!

The question is; are the speedos compatible? Or is it just that this newer one is no good either? I have located another later model cluster but if they are not the same ratio, not much point......

Cheers,
Graham

GJH65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: WB Festiva speedo / dash cluster

If everything works fine bar the discrepancy between displayed speed and actual speed I would just keep the cluster you have and do a few runs with the GPS to note what the differences are.

Eg, 40= X km indicated
60= X km, 80= X km, 100= X km and 110= X km etc.

Note it down somewhere in the cluster, perhaps on a post it note and after a few weeks you will memorise the change.

Perhaps they are different between a manual and auto box??

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
GJH65

Default Re: WB Festiva speedo / dash cluster

Thanks for that, tho I'd already done it.
Being it is a 17yo's car I wanted it to be accurate. No excuses for you miss!

After I posted the original question she said to me "The needle goes way under zero when stopped." Ok by how much? "About the same as it is out by!!!!"

So I ripped out the cluster, clicked it open, prised off the needle and checked behind it under a magnifying glass. Sure enough it was cracked and probably slipping on the shaft! As I still had the old one I tried the needle from that.

Hey presto, it works. With a little testing against my GPS and adjustment we got it more accurate than I thought possible.

Thanks again and I hope it helps someone else.

Graham.
GJH65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post