Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-08-2023, 12:01 PM   #1
beclawrence001
Starter Motor

Default Codes: Transit 2.4l: Need help: Electrical? Turbo?

Hello,

I really need some insight into what these codes could mean and what might be happening, I have been chasing issues with this car for months now and just keep getting told to leave it. I know there is something wrong though, so any help or thoughts on this would be appreciated.
The codes that are active at the moment are below.

some are older than others, the P1796 code is new and so is U0073 code.
Besides these codes there was an incident where I was driving up a very long hill and I was in 5th gear, suddenly lost power, didnt stall but slowed down and warning lights came on. I scanned the car and there were two codes Something about booster turbo circuit and the actuator maybe being stuck open, it said to check wiring etc. Stupidly I didn't save the codes, I cleared them to see if they would come back and they haven't. But I also have not driven up any hills like that since. It was all good going up the hill in 4th gear but not in 5th. Anyway so all these codes are making me think there is something electrical going on.

Besides this issue there is also something going on with the clutch/flywheel, but I have not been able to have it taken down yet to actually check that. So I don't know could that be related? Is there wiring or sensors or something in that area that could cause these codes?
There is one other very strange thing happening, whenever I plug in to scanner and the engine is hot it won't start up the same, it skips and knocks about. But only after it has been scanned, so I don't know could it be some kind of communication loss? Starts up normal after a drive when hot or warm, but if I plug in and then start it up it is really rough. Any thoughts??

Code: P037D - Glow Plug Sense Circuit

Additional Fault Symptom (:29):
- Signal Invalid

Status (-2F):
- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Powertrain Control Module

Freeze Frame #1:
-EVENT_TIME: 605898 s - Event time
-TOTAL_DISTANCE: 155993 km - Total Distance
-MODULE_VOLTAGE: 12.3 V - Control Module Voltage

Code: B10A8 - Low Beam Relay

Additional Fault Symptom (:14):
- Circuit Short To Ground Or Open

Status (-0A):

Module: Body Control Module

Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible

Status (-0A):

Module: Body Control Module

Code: U0073 - Control Module Communication Bus A Off

Status (-EC):
- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC
- Test not complete

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module

Code: P1796 - CAN Controller Circuit (Bus off)

Status (-EC):
- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC
- Test not complete

Module: Instrument Panel Control Module
beclawrence001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post