Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Wanted Car bits and other general items

Wanted Car bits and other general items If you want it and it's not in the For Sale section, post it here

Old 20-03-2024, 03:55 PM   #1
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default 2005 LS Focus guard front bumper maybe grill headlights

Thought i'd post up on the long chance..... My daughter had minor bingle in her 2005 built LS (not LR) silver Focus hatch and insurance say economic write off, and we're hearing what salvage value is to see if we keep it and fix ourselves. Shes still driving it, damage is cosmetic, rest of car 115000kms and sitting inside it feels new. Assholes.

Anyway, I'm in SA shipping from elsewhere might be prohibitive. Drivers front guard, front bumper, two headlights, and try to figure out getting the bonnet open (headlight pushed the grille and the keyed release shtick broke).

Trying to make this work for her and encourage her not to go blowing money on another car shes doing the right thing saving for a house deposit, trying to keep her on track. Thing still runs and drives a treat.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2024, 06:29 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 2005 LS Focus guard front bumper maybe grill headlights

What series is the Focus, because the lower series parts are different from the mid and high series.

A VIN will confirm what you have. I think I have a low series headlight, brand new old stock NOS.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2024, 11:48 PM   #3
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Pepe, have you had a look at any of the U-Pull-Its? You're close to the Elizabeth one. I'm likely going to all three over Easter, so can have a look for you if you can't get there yourself. I had an LT a few years back. Has it got the same bonnet release using your key, hidden behind the badge?
Old 25-03-2024, 07:02 AM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

You’re a good bloke, Leakey.

PLP: If you decide to go with a repair, start a thread and milk the collective experience of people here. There’s going to be things people can predict you need or won’t need.

(Photo from Upullit)
Looking at a partially stripped Focus it seems strongly built behind the bumper reinforcement, so a good candidate for DIY bolt-on fixes.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2024, 10:35 AM   #5
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Only problem with that picture CB is it does not show all the shitty bits that break in the front of these focus's, there are a lot of bits made from plastic that even with the slightest knock will break

This is a great site to get parts explosion views from, just pop in the vin #
https://partsouq.com/
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2024, 11:55 AM   #6
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

noticed the link is no good for Ford stuff :(
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2024, 12:08 PM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
…there are a lot of bits made from plastic that even with the slightest knock will break
Chinesium, Playdohnium. Two common car construction materials.

Fortunately there are quite a lot of compatible Focuses in Upullit.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2024, 12:43 PM   #8
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Oh wow sorry got distracted, didn't see all this going on It's a LX GTLEGEND. Yeah that stupid key/rod setup. Looking past the grill can see the detached rod dangling away in there. Daughter says 'i need to fill my washer thing!'. I say my daily hasn't had a working washer in years. But in the end you can count yourself lucky they can do their own fuelling these days never mind a window cleaner at the servo.

Insurance companies gone quiet, might have to hit them up again. The salvage value is everything.....she really wants to keep it though. U Pull It good idea Leakey, and yeah lots of bits behing that front bumper i think.

I'm hoping it's not too tragic, it was a RAV4 and hit her a bit higher, bending the front of the guard in, pushing the headlight enough to push out the front grill a bit, which killed the bonnet opening. Only other thing happened the undertray fell off. Otherwise, she's driving around nicely with dinged guared, hole in the headlight taped up. Email-o-clock to RAA! Thank you for above responses!

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
Old 25-03-2024, 05:44 PM   #9
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are a few good silver LS's at Lonsdale.

Bonnet @ $101
Guards @ $92 ea
Bumper @ $113
Headlights @ $49 ea
Grill & key latch @ $37

If you bought all that, they'd let you have any sundries you need for nix.
Old 26-03-2024, 01:55 PM   #10
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Hot diggity! Thanks leakey! I'll have to check their easter hours

So am i a 'real' car guy if ive never been to a U Pull It? Dont' answer that!!

3 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2024, 10:48 PM   #11
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As much as I would prefer to buy genuine new bits if possible from GT, my pockets aren't always deep enough. Having said that, I still try and put genuine everything into my BA, which is still running like a dream after his rec' on getting a genuine Ford service with as many new bits as poss. That was something like 5 years ago!

U-pull-it is pretty amazing. I do get ****ed off though when I see something like an XE or XD just trashed with some idiot breaking a dash apart with a crow bar to get something beneath it.....

I've learned a lot about my cars from seeing them stripped down in the yards. Even had a play with things like an EB front bumper onto an XG ute for example, which fits surprisingly well! LOL. XH upper steering column into XG power steering box, stuff like that is gold when you dont have to buy the whole car.

BTW, what is that gem sitting in the driveway in your sig'?
Old 02-04-2024, 03:21 PM   #12
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakey View Post

BTW, what is that gem sitting in the driveway in your sig'?
My daughters pockets are shallow. But fortunately the 550 to buy the 'wreck' has won the day no write off etc.. Didn't make it to U Pull It on the weekend as she didn't commit as she had uni stuff on the go. Might cruise down see whats actually intact on the things or wait.

Rather than rant and rave and (nah pretty happy actually with that) in here i'll pop something in the Focus area, thanks for all the help above

PS My avatar thingy is the good old days...long gone XD 351/4 speed, almost as long gone 71 240Z 350/T350/9". Good times. Best picture i'll ever have

First ended up full of rusticles from a questionable past to a new owner for cheap long time ago, not quite as long ago came the new missus, wasnt happy with the Z hogging the single garage and away she went.

XR5 suits my separated budget and age but oddly i enjoy this more than my MK3 RS's i went through, go figure, and the other two cars in the pic are way beyond my budgetary limits these days. Must be getting old.