Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #31
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Another Speeding Fine question

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
If the camera in my iPhone can tell how many faces are in the pic, then don't you think, an expensive traffic cam would have the technology to tell which numberplate/car is the speeding one?
The camera technology is irrelevant (WRT to taking of the photo). It's the limitations of the radar that are the issue... ie. beam width, the cross-sectional area of the vehicles alongside or even out of frame.

There's a reason why they were defined under the legislation as scientific instruments, so they wouldn't have to prove they were working correctly, YOU would have to prove they weren't.

If you're certain you weren't speeding, the first step is usually to request calibration logs/results. Friend got off when they requested these under FOI, but the police failed to produce them. As far as arguing the physics, it will cost you more to get an expert witness to appear on your behalf than the fine. Even though common sense says two vehicles in frame and yours not the central one should create sufficient doubt, it will still be up to you to prove the reading was erroneous.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #32
Spurious

I always drive at least a couple clicks over the highway limit 'cause there's always some twit in font of me who insists on either sitting 5 k's under or doing the old "speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down" thing!

I hate that so I pass them, even if I go over.

Do the speed limit yourself & then the twits sit right up your butt. Oh' yeh there's always one!

You'll rarely beat the ticket. You'd have a better chance of signing a stat dec to the tune of "my car was stolen that day your honour, but I didn't report it stolen 'cause I didn't know it was missing 'til a mate rang me & asked what my car was doing on the beach...or on that median strip"!!!

You know what I hate worse than speed cameras?.......rear view mirrors!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #33
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can beat speeding fines - best thing to do is take a day off work and sit through a day of court cases to see what works and what doesnt. its very interesting and for some reason there are usually pubs near court houses so you can always grab a beer if you hit on a boring case.

from what i have seen, if you have no money, no job, history of repeat offending, a documented drug problem and 12 kids you will have a pretty good chance of being let off with a warning
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #34
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex351 View Post
LOL OK I guess I'll reply. So when you do you learn if you get caught doing something Illegal (like speeding) you accept it and pay the fine. Trying to get out of something you did is called cheating or been dishonest and in NSW we call them a dog.

Others like you seem to moan and cry and blame the system when the person behind the wheel is in control of there own actions. Hard to see how the police are the blame for that and the fact they actually only enforce the laws not make them up.

H
Regards Rob
Umm isn't the op saying he is confident he wasn't speeding?
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #35
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.zissou View Post
from what i have seen, if you have no money, no job, history of repeat offending, a documented drug problem and 12 kids you will have a pretty good chance of being let off with a warning
I watched maybe 2 dozen cases one particular day.
I was quite annoyed to see that the main/sole questioning from the judge was about work status, work prospects, etc.

No work, no future employment interviews, neck tattoos and trackpants = all fees waived and lowest fine and/or suspended actions
Full time employment, well dressed, kids and a partner = all fees to paid in full and high level of fine, points and disqualification.

I wondered how deep they go looking at your responses.
Because I'm pretty sure had my mate not cut his hair, worn his Sunday best and told the judge he lost his job in 2004, he would be 1000's of dollars better off. (I will add he did do the wrong thing so....)
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #36
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
Umm isn't the op saying he is confident he wasn't speeding?
That wasn't pointed @ the OP but you would have to read every post to know that wouldn't you.
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post