Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-11-2014, 01:22 PM   #181
WHYME
Next up?

Default Re: FPV GTF Prices

Regarding that article above, I was always confused as to why Ford didn't decide to slap in the F6 310 engine and running gear for the final FGX XR6 Turbo? Were they afraid it might take away sales from the XR8? Don't they have enough parts to meet demand? Whatever the case may be it's a shame that the F6/XR6T never got a special sending off from FPV/Ford like the GT and XR8 did. It provided such bang for buck with an insane amount of power and torque for over 8 years. It'd be a real shame if they don't do something special for it imo.

Last edited by WHYME; 25-11-2014 at 01:29 PM.
WHYME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #182
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully6 View Post
Regarding that article above, I was always confused as to why Ford didn't decide to slap in the F6 310 engine and running gear for the final FGX XR6 Turbo? Were they afraid it might take away sales from the XR8? Don't they have enough parts to meet demand? Whatever the case may be it's a shame that the F6/XR6T never got a special sending off from FPV/Ford like the GT and XR8 did. It provided such bang for buck with an insane amount of power and torque for over 8 years. It'd be a real shame if they don't do something special for it imo.
Cost of XR6T VS F6... the internal upgrades and turbo cost money. Its not simply boosting it up. Remember, they have to pass reliability testing and FPV had a different standard to Ford global.

The XR8 is a lot more expensive than a XR6T for this reason. Pricing the XR6T closer to XR8 money wouldnt be a good business decision. $10k drive away price difference. I'd say the XR6T would be $5k extra to have the F6 parts (speculating) and that would put it above the SS by a big margin which isnt a good business case.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #183
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Likewise. I did most of it sideways. Although when I had finished one of the guys said to me did I think that was fast.
I just looked at him & said " No. But it was fun. "
No point doing it normally. You can do that in a carpark & not get a ticket from a cop.
On a raceway I wanted to have fun like I can't on the road.
What state are you in that you can drift or donut in a car park and not get done.
Dangerous driving and car impound here in wa no matter where you do it ( unless on a track )
Old 25-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #184
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlub View Post
I think this topic is now way off course and there is a bit of who has the biggest man part hanging over the urinal
I always have the biggest. I don't look sideways in the trough mate.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #185
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
^^^^^Your hoping.

Cheers Mick
http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2014...51%20for%20XR8

FG X development boss rules out powered-up farewell Falcon
The development boss of the farewell FG X Falcon has today ruled out releasing a version powered by the 351kW Miami V8. But he refused to be as emphatic when it comes to the 310kW F6 turbo six-cylinder engine that also featured in the now defunct Ford Performance Vehicles range.

The FG X launches this week with a 335kW version of the supercharged 5.0-litre V8 in the reborn XR8, while the XR6 Turbo and G6E Turbo both come with the unchanged 270kW turbo I6 from the FG II range. The 351kW V8 featured in the GT-F swansong editon of the FPV performance range, while the 310kW F6 was a regular member of the lineup.

David Wilkinson, Ford Australia's vehicle line director for the E8 platform (Falcon and Territory), ruled out the 351kW's return in an XR8 but was not as certain about the powered up turbo six.

During the first leg of Ford's launch of the new FG X Falcon and Territory SZ II models in north eastern Victoria today, Wilkinson told motoring.com.au there was no "present plan" to offer the more highly boosted engine in the FG X turbocharged six-cylinder models, but shied away from a blanket rejection.

"[F6] was with the FPV range and we have no present plans to do anything with it," Wilkinson told motoring.com.au.

"We always say that. We are not talking about our future models unless it suits us."

Wilkinson was also less than definite when asked about the prospect of special Falcon editons between now and the scheduled end of its production in October 2016.

"I dont want to talk about that. We obviously continue to look at the market and any opportunities."

Wilkinson made it clear, however, that the 351kW engine was reserved for the GT-F.

"That is it," he said.

"Very consciously and purposely we said that is it. So people who have bought the 351 know that they have the 351 and we are not going to dribble it into something else. So that was the last GT, and 351 went with it.

"Those people made a commitment to that car and 351 for us goes with the GT and we just think that is the right thing to do."

Wilkinson said the announcement in May 2013 Ford's Australian production plants would close in 2016 had deepened the resolve of the E8 team to make the FG X the best car they possibly could.

"I guess we hope it is really seen as the best Falcon ever," said Wilkinson.

"That is an easy thing to say. That it is a really enjoyable value car that people are proud to own; that it has good fuel consumption; that they are proud to park it in their drive and they want to show it to their friends.

"Not that it becomes a collectors' edition, but that people do want to buy it for its attributes.

"Falcon is what Ford Australia has been about for many years. There is a lot of pride in the car but also clearly a lot of attention directed towards moving the company to a different product range and customer set than we have," Wilkinson stated.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This should put that to rest. 351 died with the GTF so that should affect (protect) prices going forward.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #186
Buttnekid
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

booyaaa
Buttnekid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2014, 06:53 PM   #187
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My FPV GTF - priceless.
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #188
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems to me these GT F’s are not worth anything and never will be as nobody’s selling.
LoudPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #189
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
I always have the biggest. I don't look sideways in the trough mate.
Maybe ya just have well worn little fingers??

Last edited by hootar; 25-11-2014 at 08:59 PM.
hootar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #190
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post

351 tune might go way your "matter of fact insider info" that launch control wont be included in the XR8 package..........and magically appear, albeit in a later XR8 special edition..........after all history shows us the the 351 was primarily a FoA thing and not exclusive to only Falcon GTs.

Cheers Mick
Oh well no 351 for the XR8.

As for launch control I stated the context and that it didn't make it fact. Fanatic day doing 100 sprint driver said nup hasn't got it when asked. Others that were there that day confirmed.

Enjoy your 335, I'll enjoy my 351.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual

Last edited by SensationFG8; 25-11-2014 at 09:07 PM.
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #191
tlub

please end this topic as it is starting to drag on
tlub is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #192
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:
How about you just stop coming to this thread?

Old 26-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #193
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about sticking to the topic GTF prices??
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #194
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think this topic will be spoken about for the next 5 years.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #195
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
Something not considered is how much value will be attached to the last FPV super pursuit and GS utes? There will be no FGX XR8 ute,there will be no mustang ute? As for ranger and alike they are a truck. I dont know what I will replace my S/P with in the future there are no sedan based (good handling) V8 six speed performance utes available. XR6T ute is all you have available. FG S/C Rspec ute could be worth a motza......
Yep, will be interesting to see how the values of the limited-edition Pursuits go compared to values of GTF's.

On one hand, locally there were only 120 of the limited-edition Pursuit (versus 500 GTF), and as you say they are the last V8 Falcon ute (whereas GTF won't be the final V8 Falcon sedan)...

But then although it did have unique additions, it did not get a unique tune and increase in power to differentiate it further like GTF did, and it missed out on a unique name or code ('limited-edition Pursuit' doesn't seem as sexy or unique as 'GTF' - don't know why they didn't call it GTF Pursuit or include GTF badging).
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2014, 01:46 AM   #196
Rob1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
It seems to me these GT F’s are not worth anything and never will be as nobody’s selling.
Theres 17 GT-Fs on carsales right now
Rob1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #197
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Priced 109k - 150k with a 16 car sample size so there is a gtf price for now that the speculators believe they might get buyers at for a delivery kms gtf. This looks to be consistent with late in the day offers people were giving ford dealers.

What would a used gtf with 15000kms be worth in a years time when focus has moved to mustang?

I think $90k

What would a used gtf with 80000kms be worth in 10 years time when all new cars are pox boxes driving themselves and those that do have drivers have the cars wireless transmitting excess speed to a cloud server that instantly sends you a ticket... Well our supercharged quad cam v8 GTF will be priceless!
Old 27-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #198
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by responsef6 View Post
Priced 109k - 150k with a 16 car sample size so there is a gtf price for now that the speculators believe they might get buyers at for a delivery kms gtf. This looks to be consistent with late in the day offers people were giving ford dealers.

What would a used gtf with 15000kms be worth in a years time when focus has moved to mustang?

I think $90k

What would a used gtf with 80000kms be worth in 10 years time when all new cars are pox boxes driving themselves and those that do have drivers have the cars wireless transmitting excess speed to a cloud server that instantly sends you a ticket... Well our supercharged quad cam v8 GTF will be priceless!
And what price would you put on the thrills, sideways fun, friendships and memories that were created over that 10 year period?

So far My 4000km GTF experience has already added 20k to its sticker price

Last edited by hootar; 27-11-2014 at 08:41 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #199
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Glad to see the guys fronted up with their readies are happy with their GTF-s. I would be in your club if I didn't already have a MK II GT-E. And you GT-F guys get the new radio antenna system for the next model Falcon don't you? As a primarily country driver the radio reception in FG is absolutely abysmal, I can't believe it got through development. I ride Harleys that have better radio reception! Oh and the Harley key fob also doesn't require me putting in a slot before hitting start :-) They are my main two peeves in 'MY' use of my car to be honest. Small in the sceme of things, but really freakin annoying at times. If someone comes up with the retro install of the new antenna system (which hopefully actually works really well) I would get it done.
Old 27-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #200
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hootar, that 4 day trip to Melbourne a month ago to meet you and fords finest was worth every bit of 20k

That epic trip will probably top any car holiday I'll ever have.

FPV GTF

Even the letters look cool haha

Nothing beats the total gtf experience of the view out the windscreen of my sparkling metallic blue bonnet bulge with kick *** black stripe whilst simultaneously hearing supercharger whine and quad exhaust crackle, and feeling g forces kick your back and sides, with steering feel, digital g meter and analogue *** meter screaming at your brain all at once "AWESOME"

When someone asks, "what's a GTF like to drive?", that my friends is my answer.
Old 27-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #201
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

The chap who paid $157k (?) for GTF 001 was offered $500k for the car he won on eBay. And turned it down.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #202
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews View Post
Glad to see the guys fronted up with their readies are happy with their GTF-s. I would be in your club if I didn't already have a MK II GT-E. And you GT-F guys get the new radio antenna system for the next model Falcon don't you? As a primarily country driver the radio reception in FG is absolutely abysmal, I can't believe it got through development. I ride Harleys that have better radio reception! Oh and the Harley key fob also doesn't require me putting in a slot before hitting start :-) They are my main two peeves in 'MY' use of my car to be honest. Small in the sceme of things, but really freakin annoying at times. If someone comes up with the retro install of the new antenna system (which hopefully actually works really well) I would get it done.
Radio reception in my BF III was better than that in my GTF.
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2014, 10:22 AM   #203
WHYME
Next up?

Quote:
fully 6 the thread is about gtf prices not all of this other crap , so go %^$# your self
I see no one else whinging or complaining, this thread is going quite smoothly actually. Also yes I am aware this thread is about GTF prices, I made it after all. Everything discussed has been in one way or another about the GTF, if you can't respect other people's conversations I suggest finding another topic that suits your needs. Have a great day.

3 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #204
hootar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
The chap who paid $157k (?) for GTF 001 was offered $500k for the car he won on eBay. And turned it down.
And that my friends is why the GTF will be third in line to the Phase 3 and phase 4. No disrespect to RSpecs, GTP and other older GT from the 60 and 70's etc cause I would happily own anyone of them. I just wouldn't swap my GTF for one.

If the figures are correct then for anyone to turn down 343k profit in 3 months ( or 318% ) just goes to show the passion ( or craziness ) of the owner and the person who is keen to buy. For this is truly getting close to phase 3 and 4 money. I know that does not mean all GTF's are worth that but no where else has that money been spoke of for the other examples of Fords, FPV GT's.

Responsef6 i totally agree with your comment, but having said that I don't want anyone to think that I want to turn this into a ****ing contest because I don't. I love all GT's regardless of age or badge. Plus when you wash or get behind the wheel of your car then the thrill and moment you share with your car is all that matters.

Guys it is what it is, the GTF is the last GT falcon and as such it will command a premium above other FPV's. How much is anyone's guess, but I for one did not buy mine for that reason. I've always wanted a GT, and I purchased it for what it is, a bloody dam fine car.
Old 27-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #205
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1964 View Post
Theres 17 GT-Fs on carsales right now
All good mate.
It was just a tongue in cheek comment at all the owners in this thread who say they’ll never sell.
Old 27-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #206
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those carsales gtf owners wouldn't be reading this thread, they don't care, it just about bucks for them.

We on the thread are a different bunch of die hards...i'd say most of us mean it when we say we won't ever sell it (precluding financial difficulties of course)

17 speculators out of 550 isn't a lot.
Of course add to that some mid and long term speculators who wouldn't advertise now but might sell in5-15 years, but I'd still say it wouldn'tbe too many of these guys either.

Let's face it, most GTFs went to fans, which is the way it should be
Old 27-11-2014, 04:18 PM   #207
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by responsef6 View Post

More importantly is what will a used GT F be worth in 10 years when a good number of the already small percentage of interested buyers have moved on and are now drooling over something else.

The HSV GT-R is a good example as there are some cheapies on the market now for a car that was once going to be a goldmine for their owners.

Unlike some of the classics that are now commanding good coin, the cars today are being considered collectors from the factory and in most cases will be well cared for and most will survive the test of time.

Prices are good if supply is less than demand.

Factor in the cost of upkeep and maintenance in the years to come and the competition of many other stored cars, my guess is the future desirable classics will be something that hasn’t occur to many people yet.

And I don't understand why something being the last of a model makes it any more desirable than the models before it.

Look at the prices of the biggest percentage of classics today.

Sure most are worth a lot more than their original new price but are still worth less than most new performance cars on today’s market. In fact, most can be had for half the cost of a new FPV or HSV.

Add the need for many of them requiring restoration at some stage, there isn’t much money to be made out of classic cars.

They’re fun to own but not a good long term investment.

A lot of fellows comment on my XY when I’m out and about in it and tell me how cool a car they thought they were when back in the day. No-one has ever asked, 'is it for sale?'
2 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #208
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The truth of the matter is that you buy a car to enjoy it. If in years to come it becomes more valuable, then that's a bonus. But buying the last ever FPV GTF limited edition model does certainly help your chances.
Old 27-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #209
responsef6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=LoudPipes;5268790]More importantly is what will a used GT F be worth in 10 years when a good number of the already small percentage of interested buyers have moved on and are now drooling over something else.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]The HSV GT-R is a good example QUOTE]

Ahhh, thankfully GTF didn't come in Big Bird Yellow.

HSV GTSR isn't a good example, especially that it has been since superseded in power and performance by a dozen of its own kind

Last GT, most powerful falcon, fastest ever. That's why it will do well.

Agree last alone isn't enough, but last and best is a great combo
Old 27-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #210
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPipes View Post
More importantly is what will a used GT F be worth in 10 years when a good number of the already small percentage of interested buyers have moved on and are now drooling over something else.

The HSV GT-R is a good example as there are some cheapies on the market now for a car that was once going to be a goldmine for their owners.

Unlike some of the classics that are now commanding good coin, the cars today are being considered collectors from the factory and in most cases will be well cared for and most will survive the test of time.

Prices are good if supply is less than demand.

Factor in the cost of upkeep and maintenance in the years to come and the competition of many other stored cars, my guess is the future desirable classics will be something that hasn’t occur to many people yet.

And I don't understand why something being the last of a model makes it any more desirable than the models before it.

Look at the prices of the biggest percentage of classics today.

Sure most are worth a lot more than their original new price but are still worth less than most new performance cars on today’s market. In fact, most can be had for half the cost of a new FPV or HSV.

Add the need for many of them requiring restoration at some stage, there isn’t much money to be made out of classic cars.

They’re fun to own but not a good long term investment.

A lot of fellows comment on my XY when I’m out and about in it and tell me how cool a car they thought they were when back in the day. No-one has ever asked, 'is it for sale?'
I don't think The HSV GT-R is a good example. I would buy a HSV GTS model every day of the week over the HSV GT-R. hence the fall in value