Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
deemo
Starter Motor

Default mondeo owner newbie

Hi all,
so i purchased an repaired written off 08 zetec, i know what you gonna say but i did all necessary checks, had the ford making sure all of the electrical components r operating as per normal,this i did to make sure the airbags are working properly, had my pannel beater have good look at it and he deemed it a great car with only genuine parts used

i got this car basically to use till dead, now;
i didnt get service history book, its only travelled enough km to have its first service tho,
question i have is, is it worth getting the new book from ford and keep service his records even tho im not planing to sell the car any time soon, i intend to drive till the point when if i try and sell people wont even ask for the service history.
Great little car tho, came with all optional extras except the sunroof

can the new book be optained form ford?

deemo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
deemo
Starter Motor

does anyone know where i could obtain an service manual, software or print?
Old 16-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Get onto the Euro site (talk ford.com - it's listed in another thread here) and see if someone there can help you out. They had a link there to it a few months ago.

I don't think you'll get a service manual unless some scans or photocopies it for you.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Deemo,

Welcome to the forum.

Service booklet - if you get your next scheduled service at a ford dealer ( I know, I know - but there are some good ones about the place - PM me in Eastern Melbourne - I know a good one) and ask nicely for a service booklet to keep a history they may be able to help.

Failing this, patronise businesses that provide a detailed invoice for the service work performed and keep them in a folder. Actually better than the service booklet because of the detail the invoice provides. Especially useful for warranty work.

Buying a rebuilt write off? - your choice obviously, but I'm surprised you could get a write off re-registered, did you have a lot of trouble? Also it may be that your car's VIN has been flagged in Ford's database and thus they might refuse warranty work on this basis ie how can a write off require warranty?

Service manual? Do you mean workshop manual? If you do the ford version is a very large book and it has a very high price either in print or CD form. It also seems to be difficult to source. I did read a thread about a source of manuals from South Africa, but I can't remember the car model that was involved. Given our cars probably a Territory or Mondeo. I decided not to bother.

Oh, I decided to PM with the dealership name in case it is useful to you. Avoids delays, I'm not at the computer 24/7

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
deemo
Starter Motor

cheers thanks for advice, im in Syd tho; i dealth with a dealership in bankstown who did the pre-purchase inspection fo9r me and they were helpfull, advising and giving advice but i didnt do a service yet and i dont know how they r like when it comes to that part
I bought the car repaired and registered, i just made sure it was done properly and i was satisfied with it
yes i meant workshop manual sry
Old 17-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
scribbly

Here is another good site to obtain data on your vehicle Ford-Bookshop Druckerei

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post