Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #1
valiant81
Starter Motor

Smile au ford falcon and how to get a lost code !!

Hi everyone; I'm one happy bunny at the moment and let me tell you why......
My ford is a bog standard au ford falcon with only now has just past 100,000 Kms, It is my everyday car and i love her to bits. I have had the car now for around 5 years and has been the most reliable car in a long time.

Around 2 months ago i had to replace the battery as the old one had died. Replacing the battery and found that i needed to reset the code for the radio, looked in the owner's manual and no good. i had replaced the radio some time ago and replaced the original radio with the same radio, but this time the radio was replaced with a cd radio that was purchased along time ago. I had thought that i had written the code into the owners had book. But i must of had a senior's moment and missed that part.
Trying to remove the radio even with the correct removal pins and i could release the left hand side, the right hand side refused to release. I ended up prising ( carefully ) the front plastic panel off. and found the offending clips that had given me a lot of grief . Once the radio was out and i contacted ford Australia and see if they could help, this turned out to be a waste of time as i did not have the vin number for the car that the radio came out of. So were from here.????

I found out that one of your forum members had similar issues and had found out and had contacted a Melbourne company.... ASL Automedia in Lynbrook ( 97991444 0. I then decided to give them a ring and talk to them about my tail of woa. All the gentleman needed was the serial number of radio and came back in no time with the code. How easy was that !!!

Apone reinstalling the radio back in the car all the radio displayed was Err. I was told if this was the case to leave the ignition turned to the accessories position and wait around 20~30 Min. Once the display returns to display the word "code" I just entered in the the code that was given to me, and that was that. The radio now is back to it old self and looks like it was made to fit, a lot better than a aftermarket radio that would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Sorry for the long winded letter, but once again, I'm one happy bunny

Last edited by valiant81; 15-04-2020 at 07:26 PM.
valiant81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 05:40 AM   #2
cairns27

Default Re: au ford falcon and how to get a lost code !!

Did you write the code in the owners manual ?

bye
cairns27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-04-2020, 02:39 PM   #3
valiant81
Starter Motor

Default Re: au ford falcon and how to get a lost code !!

Hi ; Yes i certainly did. In the owner's manual and on the back of the radio it's self.
valiant81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: