Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default AU3 Spare alloy wheel sedan

Hi Guys,

I bought my XR6 with 6 wheels, it had 1 spare alloy and the standard run of the mill 16 inch in the boot. I have replaced the tyres on the car including the spare alloy without test fitting it in the boot. Now it fits but the retaining bolt isnt long enough. My question is, obviously the retaining bolt is different (longer) but does anyone know if the cars fitted with a factory spare wheel also had a different boot carpet?

Further more does anyone have an AU2 spare wheel retaining bolt (for memory AU2 xr's came with alloy spare standard).

Thanks,

Brent
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: AU3 Spare alloy wheel sedan

I am pretty sure the boot carpets were all the same in AU series sedans based on spare wheel size, the only differences were based on colour, year model (some AU1's were different to AU2 & AU3), SWB/LWB and if it had factory LPG. So in essence your carpet should be the same if it has steel or alloy wheel.

What size alloy do you have as this will determine the wheel clamp, there are a few to choose from.

Alloy wheel (less 17" wheels) take AU 1382 C clamp.

17" alloy wheels like those on XR8 take NUTVE 1A381 A.

At a guess, I think you need the AU 1382 C clamp?

Similar to this..

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/32415230...84.m1555.l2649
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #3
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I just got a bolt, cut off the head and extended my retaining bolt 2 inches by welding it, worked treat.

The boot carpet is all the same. I cleaned mine and then on a very hot day while still damp i put 3 bricks on the leading edge and it dried flush, worked a treat.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Have you tried fitting the spare in the well face down?
Old 01-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Have you tried fitting the spare in the well face down?
I don't think you can because the jack and handle etc are in the middle of the wheel.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
I am pretty sure the boot carpets were all the same in AU series sedans based on spare wheel size, the only differences were based on colour, year model (some AU1's were different to AU2 & AU3), SWB/LWB and if it had factory LPG. So in essence your carpet should be the same if it has steel or alloy wheel.

What size alloy do you have as this will determine the wheel clamp, there are a few to choose from.

Alloy wheel (less 17" wheels) take AU 1382 C clamp.

17" alloy wheels like those on XR8 take NUTVE 1A381 A.

At a guess, I think you need the AU 1382 C clamp?

Similar to this..

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/32415230...84.m1555.l2649
Hi mate nah I’ll need the xr8 one so I can fit the 17 in the boot instead of the stock 16. Do you know if you can still get that nutve part. Thanks for the reply’s guys!! Appreciate it.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:46 PM   #7
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Hi mate nah I’ll need the xr8 one so I can fit the 17 in the boot instead of the stock 16. Do you know if you can still get that nutve part. Thanks for the reply’s guys!! Appreciate it.
No the NUTVE part is obsolete and long gone..

Try Mr Ford in Greenacre NSW or Fairford Spares in Padstow NSW or Ford Pro in Smithfield NSW or Macarthur Auto Parts in Smeaton Grange NSW. Tell them you need one specific with the 17" factory spare.

https://www.yellowpages.com.au/nsw/g...4-listing.html

http://www.fairfordspares.com/

https://www.fordprowreckers.com.au/w...l-handbuilt-v8

http://www.macarthurautoparts.com.au/
This user likes this post:
Old 01-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #8
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers mate. Will give it a go.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #9
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
I don't think you can because the jack and handle etc are in the middle of the wheel.
You can put them in the well of the spare are its put in face down if it fits that way. A few cars I have had used that way of storing the spare and tools especially when the came with optional alloys over standard. etc. Not ideal though as you have to remove the spare to check it's air pressure etc.
Old 01-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
You can put them in the well of the spare are its put in face down if it fits that way. A few cars I have had used that way of storing the spare and tools especially when the came with optional alloys over standard. etc. Not ideal though as you have to remove the spare to check it's air pressure etc.
Yeh suppose you could, but then you have to insulate to stop them from rattling around, secure them down and it then may be a case that the clamp now is too long and bottoms out before securing the wheel??