Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #31
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how do you know if this bush is busted??is there an easy way to tell etc
Old 08-09-2009, 02:22 AM   #32
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
how do you know if this bush is busted??is there an easy way to tell etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
The best thing you can do is get under the car, grab the pinion flange (where the driveshaft bolts on to the diff) and push up and down. If there is a touch of movement I would not be too fussed about it (rubber compliance).

If there is a lot or it thuds up and down, you should put your name on the list.
bloggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #33
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mate didn't see that post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #34
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Hey guys I have been flat chat lately, you know... finishing the engine build on TerminatorS........ designing a diff bush upgrade to fix the B-series cars..................... and just generally saving the world from slow car terrorists :

I would like to move a few more of these bushes (so I can get toward some semblance of breaking even on the material cost at least.... could those that have signed up look at getting me sorted out (if there is any that have recently paid I will get them shipped as soon as the money hits my account.... I only look a couple times a week)

Thanks, Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2009, 12:33 AM   #35
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Well I have done the sums, and I am about 600 bucks short on break even. Could the 5 people that havent paid but put their names down honour their word and bang the money through for me?

I can deal with losing 100-odd on the deal but 600 is a bit rugged.

For what it's worth I have the bush in my car ATM and I cant hear any difference (Three fuel pumps, twin 4" exhaust and MSD DIS4HO ignition box notwithstanding )

Daniel
Old 04-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #36
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

mine is fitted now and there is no extra noise or vibrations

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #37
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry mate, i still want one, just been caught up with other financial issues atm. First thing Wednesday ill deposit the money for ya.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #38
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

No worries Bloggs, all good.

1) RG
2) BlacklistedXR PAID TAKEN
3) Fte342 PAID SHIPPED
4) pstap
5) Congo XR8 PAID TAKEN
6) Bloggs24
7) 99GHIA
8) xr393PAID TAKEN

Oops! looks like I forgot to mark xr393 (Steve) up as paid from the other week.... sorry bud, your all sweet!

Daniel
Old 05-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #39
xr393
Living the Dream

Cheers for that Daniel :voldar02:
xr393 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #40
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I havent been able to get into my online banking for the past 2 days, its locked me out for some reason, as soon as i can get into it ill deposit the funds, sry about this, i dont want you to think im stuffing you around.

Question though, can you notice when you've stuffed your bush? I ask because when i first started drag racing i could launch pretty hard, like the car would jump of the line. Now when i take off it doesnt really have that kick, could this be a result of said bush being shaggered?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #41
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you tried going INTO a bank bloggs??
Old 08-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #42
bloggs24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
have you tried going INTO a bank bloggs??
Dont really get time with work and all, any bills i have i just pay online, most of the time its much simpler

And when i say financial issues, im not in any kind of financial trouble, ive just been more focused on my finances for a holiday to Tokyo i plan on taking hopefully next month. I've put the car aside for the moment.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #43
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggs24
I havent been able to get into my online banking for the past 2 days, its locked me out for some reason, as soon as i can get into it ill deposit the funds, sry about this, i dont want you to think im stuffing you around.

Question though, can you notice when you've stuffed your bush? I ask because when i first started drag racing i could launch pretty hard, like the car would jump of the line. Now when i take off it doesnt really have that kick, could this be a result of said bush being shaggered?
I wouldnt have thought so, perhaps in a manual there would be a very slight amount of inertia reduction if you were brutal with the clutch and you had a bent bush but Im gonna go with an "unlikely"

If your bush is buggered, you will detect some thumping on launches and hard shifts in a manual.

Daniel
Old 29-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #44
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU IRS front diff support bush upgrade

Heya Daniel, I know this is dragging an old thread up from the dead, but did you have any of these left over? While changing the centre out of the TE last week I noted most of the bushes in the IRS are stuffed. Some are avail aftermarket but most seem to be genuine only.

If you don't its not a worry, I'll get one from Ford.
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #45
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Its something I would be interested in to put aside for the missus car when I go through that as well.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #46
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Guys I made a ton of these and only sold half so supply is not an issue.

To anyone that is interested, PM me if your keen and i'll send you my new bank details (I was married to my ex last time I used that other account )

Its still $100 shipped but if I get a few buyers (say 5 or more) I am happy drop the price down $20 (to $80 posted) that helps everyone out both buyer and seller.... if I remember right I burnt a bit of money here

Lucky for me BA-FG bushes are so crap

Daniel
Old 30-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #47
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Just going to crank a bit of a list... no pressure guys if you change your mind take yourselves off the list:

1) BOTTLEDUP
2) MrEL
3) T3man

Daniel
Old 30-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #48
T3man
Banned

Daniel put me in for two if it helps - if you get enough orders without my second unit, no problems just give it to someone who has the most need. Only one of my cars gets the right foot treatment - the other drives Miss Daisy LOL.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
Brooksby122

Hi Daniel, count me in for one, thanks.
Brooksby122 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #50
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Im definately up for one. Im just a couple of weeks off if thats ok.
Have a few bills after slicing my hand open.....................
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #51
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Daniel, put me on the list please.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #52
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yep, I want one too.

Cheers,

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #53
T3man
Banned

There ya go - list is full. Whooo ... well it's definitely 5 or 6 anyhow LOL. You got more mate?
Old 30-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #54
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Hahahaha ok guys i'll send out PM's tonight to you all and by the time I get back to Perth we'll be sweet to send them all out.

Anyone else that's keen... I think I have about 8-10 or so.. i'll double check on Thursday afternoon

Thanks again guys.

Daniel
Old 31-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #55
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Amazing what falls from the tree when you give it a shake!
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #56
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Hahahaha Dave they've been sitting in a box for a few years.......... I got that many side projects on the go ATM I lose track

Gearbox and diff coolers for BA-FG
ZF trans coolers for BA-FG
Diff hats for BA-FG
Diff bushes for BA-FG
Diff Bushes for AU
Clutches for Modulars
Engine oil coolers for Modulars

Just stuff i'm screwing around with to help guys out hahahahaha... but its pretty serious when you outlay around $4,000 to get 4 x clutch kits here!
Old 31-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #57
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Add me to the list too please.
I'll swap you a set of my IRS mounts plus cash adjustment if you want/need?
Old 31-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #58
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
Add me to the list too please.
I'll swap you a set of my IRS mounts plus cash adjustment if you want/need?
Cheers for the offer Sox but my AU IRS days are done!

No stress if you want a support mate, just PM me your address details and i'll get one in the mail to you... we'll work out payment after its posted.

Jeff, got your PM mate and as soon as i'll home i'll flick you a message and give you an update on stock levels.. I think there will be enough

To anyone else that's toying with the idea, just send me a PM and i'll make a list so once i'm home i'll do a head count.

Thanks again guys.

Daniel
Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #59
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Just an update guys (bunch of weak excuses really LOL), was held up last Friday with no 4mm insertion rubber available at my local store.

Weekend was putting the heads back on the TT and getting ready for dyno.

Mon/Tues I was at XFT getting the exhaust modded next door and dyno last night... all amongst this helping my old man and celebrating my belated birthday...

Whew... breathe.

I'm on it today and will have them out tomorrow so hopefully good for the weekend... i'm really sorry guys (and doubly if I let anyone down) but Friday was my window as the 4 days after I was precommitted with exhaust and dyno slots organised a few weeks back.

Flame suit on!

Daniel
Old 07-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
T3man
Banned

Bloody 'ell .. and me car's been off the road all this time while you've just been gallavantin' and enjoyin' yerself!
4 users like this post: