Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-08-2023, 11:11 AM   #61
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VFACTS July 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Incorrect. I enjoy driving also however I'll keep my territory over falcon any day.

How tall are you? How old are you? I suspect that might tell a story.
While forever and a day I'll regret selling our G6ET apart from the performance loss, the Terry is just better for us in very way....except for not having dipping lhs ext mirror and electric pedal height adjust
...I'm 56 or 57 or 58 depending on the am caffeine intake...and that point where your upper weight is fully on your bent knee joints when dropping down into the seat is a bitch...
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2023, 12:51 PM   #62
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You just cannot beat an SUV over a regular sedan in regards to ingress & egress,as you get older you very much appreciate not having to bend down.They are so much more comfortable.
Old 06-08-2023, 03:11 PM   #63
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Haha, those articles are too funny.

5 people get together and form an echo chamber and the think it's done kind of major view.
'Gas Guzzlers'
Did they copy that from somewhere in the states and make up some numbers.
Most late model SUV's are hardly 'gas guzzlers'. Our 2L Diesel Tucson returns around 6L/100. Should be less, but the missus is a bit of a lead foot.
Meanwhile the other car in our garage, battles to get better than 13L/100
Also how are these cars more harmful to pedestrians? Be no more than any other car id have thought.
Maybe instead of being glued to their phones/on headphones and were paying attention it would be an 'issue'
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2023, 03:44 PM   #64
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Haha, those articles are too funny.

5 people get together and form an echo chamber and the they think it's done some kind of major view.
Fixed the grammatical errors.
Old 06-08-2023, 03:50 PM   #65
prydey
Rob

These anti American ute articles pop up at least once a week on at least one news outlet. They generally bash all utes, not just the large US ones.

There seems to be some recognition that there is backlash regarding judging people for their choice of vehicle which is why they now have a more 'danger to society/pedestrians /environment' angle to them.

The fact is, they have more holes in their arguments than swiss cheese. Suffice to say personally I think there's been zero research and it's based solely on assumptions.
Old 06-08-2023, 04:16 PM   #66
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=jpd80;
Perhaps a better question is why pedestrians are being hit by vehicles in the first place…
I think human behaviours of either pedestrians or drivers are more than likely the cause…[/QUOTE]

I believe you're right. Some pedestrians seem to be in another space zone. They walk across roads without looking left or right, they walk behind reversing vehicle all seemingly oblivious to the danger a vehicle poses. I have had pedestrians walk onto the road, while I was approaching under lights and siren.
Old 06-08-2023, 04:31 PM   #67
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRXR6 View Post
I believe you're right. Some pedestrians seem to be in another space zone. They walk across roads without looking left or right, they walk behind reversing vehicle all seemingly oblivious to the danger a vehicle poses. I have had pedestrians walk onto the road, while I was approaching under lights and siren.
I think it works both ways, I've been nearly hit simply walking down the footpath when some fool decides to reverse out of their driveways at speed without bothering to look.

Some drivers seem to think they have right of way no matter what, when it comes to crossing pedestrian area's. Leaving and entering City carparks is another.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2023, 05:06 PM   #68
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There’s a lot of people nowadays with no spatial awareness
Pedestrians
Drivers
Bus passengers

Some of its air pads head sets and an absolute dedication to focussing on their mobile phone which blocks everything
Schoolkids in buses sitting the priority ( elderly pregnant handicapped)
A old guy say 85 gets on. They just dont see him. He is left standing with difficulty on a moving bus. Fortunately a 35 year old guy two rows back wasn’t at his phone duty and offered his seat.
In Bris a few years ago I turned right off a main Rd into a side st - slowly- a pedestrian with head phones crossed the Rd with our checking and walked straight into my truck cab door- head phones on of course attending to phone duty.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2023, 05:08 PM   #69
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Priority seats
With our translates to without
Old 06-08-2023, 05:23 PM   #70
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
There’s a lot of people nowadays with no spatial awareness
Pedestrians
Drivers
Bus passengers

Some of its air pads head sets and an absolute dedication to focussing on their mobile phone which blocks everything
a pedestrian with head phones crossed the Rd with our checking and walked straight into my truck cab door- head phones on of course attending to phone duty.
Pedestrians wearing this stuff have been killed standing to close to the road waiting for lights to change. Its happened a few time in $ydney's CBD.
Being hit by bus mirrors.
One of the reason they redesign the mirrors in Europe on coaches to hang down from the sides of the roof and not at head height like traditional city buses. Some later city buses / trams are now using the raised design.

Now back to topic of car sales.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2023, 05:41 PM   #71
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Pedestrians wearing this stuff have been killed standing to close to the road waiting for lights to change. Its happened a few time in $ydney's CBD.
Being hit by bus mirrors.
One of the reason they redesign the mirrors in Europe on coaches to hang down from the sides of the roof and not at head height like traditional city buses. Some later city buses / trams are now using the raised design.

Now back to topic of car sales.
Thanks Roc
Now I know why those import euro and some CCP have raised mirrors

Now now back to car sales
This user likes this post: