Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #61
kinsasha
Starter Motor

Default Re: LOT 6 Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR View Post
Just got off the phone with the current owners of the site, the benefits of having your number in your sig LOL.

This is not another "I think it was here" call, this is bonafide fact, they just had Ford do some filming for a doco at the site recently.

They were inititally approached by a Ford historian about the site who explained to them the significance of the building. It's all pretty much the same except for the front window that has been changed/replaced.

Anyway just thought I'd update the thread, but I may have some more news in future as I will be staying in touch with the owners.
Lads

I stumbled onto this thread a couple weeks ago when I had heard of a rumour that I factory I had recently acquired was once a Ford production plant.
Needless to say it aroused my curiosity.
After inspecting the inside of the factory it does in my opinion resemble a plant.
Unfortunately after looking around the place I could not find any Ford memorabilia..
Any information regarding the property can be sent to me would be greatly appreciated.
kinsasha74@hotmail.com
kinsasha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2023, 11:38 AM   #62
Moza_1
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Lot 6 mahoneys Rd

First Thank you for letting me Join your Group. It was back in the 70s that i worked for Ford Australia in the Proto workshop at Lot 6 Mahoney's Road at that time it was a single road and lots of fun to drive on , but back to the workshop the day i started at Lot 6 i walked past Allen Moffat as he left the workshop for the last time i think he was there to say good bye to the Old Race Team i will use First Names Only. John ,Ray , Dave , Peter , Charlie , Nick , Jeff , Forman of the workshop Clarrie , And race parts storeman Bill. Then Craig and Maurice. the workshop was building a light truck for the Phillippe's called a Fiera and was a big move for Ford to open sales there it was a York Engine in it all the body was a welded vehicle no doors at that time. we went on to doing the ford Cargo testing and the LNT 9000 Testing at the You Yang's and Monegeetta Army proving Grounds in Victoria. When we Left Lot 6 we moved up closer to the Ford Factory and it was called Lot 17 where we just did Proto builds on F Series and Trucks Cargo and Louisville Trucks and any durability testing noise ADR testing Brakes and so on. When i left The group of work friends they were on the Move closer to the main plant and moved into the Old Tractor Plant and the workshop was that big The FPR was given room to work there as well. Hope this fills some in roads to Lot 6 .
Moza_1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2023, 12:15 PM   #63
Moza_1
Starter Motor

Default Re: Lot 6 mahoneys Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotGT View Post

Here's Lot 6 Mahoneys Road.... Currently...
Where you see the boxes in that window was a driveway Ramp into the workshop and just beyond that was the Race Stores where Billy worked from and down the side where all those Crates are stacked was the side roller door into the Factory, Foot note for you as well just down the road think it was lot 4 where the Cushion plant was for the Tractors but that was closed when ford stopped doing the Tractors in Australia. When we moved out of Lot 6 The Group was Named Ford Truck Engineering and stayed the same until i left Ford i do believe that some of the group went to Queensland when Time came to close the Victorian site. Some of the best Engineers i have worked with.

Last edited by Moza_1; 25-06-2023 at 12:23 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-06-2023, 06:04 PM   #64
Moza_1
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Lot 6 mahoneys Rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon View Post
Like this?
That is Ray working on the Car in the workshop. lol long time ago.