Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #31
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Mazda dealer’s unsolicited booking of next service

More likely you would get a robo-text saying to make sure it was ready for inspections on Saturday.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #32
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

I get time interval reminders every time but I've never been booked in, they ask me to contact them to arrange a booking.

As I always ask for a loan car I usually have to wait a couple of weeks or so.

It's a low mileage car which is serviced at the required time interval and I appreciated the reminder as I don't sit around thinking is it time for the car to be serviced.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 PM   #33
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Your anecdotal evidence isn't supported by the anecdotal evidence is this thread.

I find it hard to believe that 9 in 10 people think it's great to be booked in for a service they didn't ask for.
I bet dealers do it because forgetful people will get the message and think "Oh I must have forgot I made that booking, I better not cancel it now" then they just go and pay for a service with absolutely zero thought put into the situation.

I guess the real estate agency that rings me every year or so asking if I want to sell my house can instead now just send a message saying "We will list your house for sale next week, please call xxxxxx to cancel"
You want to compare three years of data from a Ford dealer to 20 odd members in a forum?

It's a booking for the car to be serviced. They are not actually servicing the car. If the customer doesn't turn up there was no charge. Your comparison with the real estate agent isn't relevant.
PG2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #34
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was humorous though :-)
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:15 AM   #35
71cop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally I don't see an issue with it, they can book my vehicle in without checking with me first if they want, doesn't mean it will be there though. No problem.
71cop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #36
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
I should add that the CX-5 is not due for a service for another 5,400km or six months (according to both the car’s log books and the dealer affixed service sticker). It appears at the last service, the dealer forgot to update their reminder system with the service details and the next due appointment.
Im confused, in the opening post you told us it was serviced in August 2018 and again in Feb 2019, yet now you're saying in August 2019 that its 6 months away from needing its next scheduled service.
Why did you have it serviced twice in 6 months and now suggest it can go 12 months until Feb 2020 before its due again.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #37
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Im confused, in the opening post you told us it was serviced in August 2018 and again in Feb 2019, yet now you're saying in August 2019 that its 6 months away from needing its next scheduled service.
Why did you have it serviced twice in 6 months and now suggest it can go 12 months until Feb 2020 before its due again.
We took the CX-5 on two long road trips through NSW and QLD. It ran up 10K before the 12 month service was due (hence the Feb 19 service, six months after the previous service).
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #38
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
We took the CX-5 on two long road trips through NSW and QLD. It ran up 10K before the 12 month service was due (hence the Feb 19 service, six months after the previous service).
Right, so as I mentioned earlier, the Feb service would be considered a 'C' service or whatever Mazda refer to it as which is for vehicles doing excessive k's in a short period or under harsh conditions, that's how it works.

The August 2018 service was therefore obviously in line with the regular service intervals so 12 months from then would be now.
servicing at 6 months after doing excessive k's in a short period of time doesn't change a vehicles service patterns, its just an additional service, it should still be due a standard 12 monthly complete 'A' service 12 months from the last one.
At least that's how it should work.

I bought my Kia in October 2018 and had the 3 month complimentary service done in January which is nothing more than a visual check anyway, I then serviced it in April at 6 months because I don't like leaving oil in a car for 12 months which is a personal choice, but I still expect and so too would Kia, that it be serviced as scheduled in October this year at 12 months.
Had Kia done the April service it would be considered 'additional' servicing and wouldn't alter my annual service schedule.

Whilst you might not be happy with them booking it in for the service that's due, its still due and leaving it may cause issues with warranty down the track, either way, they cant direct debit your bank account so if you don't show up the exercise hasn't cost you anything.
If Kia did that for me I certainly wouldn't be complaining.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #39
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Right, so as I mentioned earlier, the Feb service would be considered a 'C' service or whatever Mazda refer to it as which is for vehicles doing excessive k's in a short period or under harsh conditions, that's how it works.

The August 2018 service was therefore obviously in line with the regular service intervals so 12 months from then would be now.
servicing at 6 months after doing excessive k's in a short period of time doesn't change a vehicles service patterns, its just an additional service, it should still be due a standard 12 monthly complete 'A' service 12 months from the last one.
At least that's how it should work.

I bought my Kia in October 2018 and had the 3 month complimentary service done in January which is nothing more than a visual check anyway, I then serviced it in April at 6 months because I don't like leaving oil in a car for 12 months which is a personal choice, but I still expect and so too would Kia, that it be serviced as scheduled in October this year at 12 months.
Had Kia done the April service it would be considered 'additional' servicing and wouldn't alter my annual service schedule.

Whilst you might not be happy with them booking it in for the service that's due, its still due and leaving it may cause issues with warranty down the track, either way, they cant direct debit your bank account so if you don't show up the exercise hasn't cost you anything.
If Kia did that for me I certainly wouldn't be complaining.

In my opinion the stamping of OP service book will indicate what type of service he had or when his next service will be due.
Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #40
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nope. When I ran them to query, they admitted that their reminder system had not been updated correctly at the last service.

Dealer affixed sticker says next service due at 30K or Feb 19.

While I appreciate the reminder, it does seem to be a bit pushy to do an unsolicited pre-book.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:47 PM   #41
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dealer affixed sticker says next service due at 30K or Feb 19.
Whoops, typo. Should have read 30K or Feb 20.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:56 PM   #42
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

If this is the biggest drama you have with a dealer, then i’d Suggest you have a good dealer.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2019, 08:52 AM   #43
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
If this is the biggest drama you have with a dealer, then i’d Suggest you have a good dealer.
In the last 12 years haven’t had any major technical issues with their work. But I have to keep a tight rein on them as they are definitely inclined towards over servicing and price shocks at pickup.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #44
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Working in a dealership myself, the number of people who get angry because of how busy our service department is is at some times baffling.

We sell around 200 new vehicles per month between two brands which has the one service department looking after it. Most of the time a booking is usually a week ahead, sometimes busier sometimes not.

People seem to think that car dealers ought to drop everything for customers without considering that we have many customers in fact.

Not saying I agree with the pre-booking method as we don't use it, but I can see why some may elect to. If it's not suitable, just say so. But I think you'd find the majority of their customers probably appreciate it.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #45
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Working in a dealership myself, the number of people who get angry because of how busy our service department is is at some times baffling.

We sell around 200 new vehicles per month between two brands which has the one service department looking after it. Most of the time a booking is usually a week ahead, sometimes busier sometimes not.

People seem to think that car dealers ought to drop everything for customers without considering that we have many customers in fact.

Not saying I agree with the pre-booking method as we don't use it, but I can see why some may elect to. If it's not suitable, just say so. But I think you'd find the majority of their customers probably appreciate it.

Think you will find this attitude in any businesses or shops where customers expect immediate service straight away, I have had other customers being rude trying to push in on me many times instead of waiting for their turn.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:37 PM   #46
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Think you will find this attitude in any businesses or shops where customers expect immediate service straight away, I have had other customers being rude trying to push in on me many times instead of waiting for their turn.
Undoubtedly, but we were speaking of the matter at hand.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #47
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Indeed, doesn't matter if it's automotive, hospitality or any other industry, everyone is entitled and demands everything yesterday.

Admittedly though one thing I am ruthless with is delivery, if I'm buying small packages I'm expecting air freight for next day delivery where possible.

Especially when you're paying $20-$30 Inc GST for delivery and they send it via Australia Post - punishable by death

If something is under 3-5KG then you can send it nationally via Startrack Express air freight for about $20.

Unfortunately outside of metro areas Startrack uses Australia Post for last mile delivery (they're the same group) but it's much quicker between capital cities than using Australia Post itself for the whole process start to finish.

Something that businesses forget to consider is 'user experience' - delivery systems are part of that.

It look 5 days or so for 8x injectors to go from Toowoomba to Melbourne, that's rediculous.

If a Ford dealership could pick up my old man's car and drop it off to me at my work for a service, I'd use a Ford dealership, but instead I buy genuine filters and oil from one Ford dealership by email, who delivers them to my house 30km away for free same day, then I drive his car to a local workshop around the corner from work then walk into work, then walk back to the workshop close of business and pay via EFT.

I also don't like talking to people over the phone or going into shops, if you have online e-commerce systems then you'll win my business.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 03-08-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-08-2019, 01:25 PM   #48
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Just got back from the grocery shopping, was talking to the local business and as usual the subject gets on to how busy/quiet things are and what customers are expecting these days and how much time a small business owner actually has to put into things. He proceeded to tell me about the local holden dealership just books his car in for him and rings him up to tell him, he loves it, says it makes his life so much easier as at one stage his car went 2 years without a service as he would forget as it was not a priority in his day, this works extremely well for him.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2019, 07:17 AM   #49
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cannot see an issue with “pre booking”.The dealer I use (Nissan) have used it for eons,you can always change,(which I have done.)
hackney is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2019, 09:15 PM   #50
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

They may well do it to cover their behinds.

"Sorry Mx such and such, you have voided your factory warranty because your car is XX months / km over when it should have been serviced."

Not my fault - you didn't remind me.

I bet it does happen, and often - probably the same people that insist no reminder stickers on their windscreen then they do have a service.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #51
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cop View Post
Personally I don't see an issue with it, they can book my vehicle in without checking with me first if they want, doesn't mean it will be there though. No problem.
I agree with that. But if they send though text saying you will be charged a cancellation fee if you leave it to late to cancel that's pretty bad.
I'm sure you could get out of it pretty easy, but you shouldn't have to.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #52
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
I agree with that. But if they send though text saying you will be charged a cancellation fee if you leave it to late to cancel that's pretty bad.
I'm sure you could get out of it pretty easy, but you shouldn't have to.
I'd say a text like that should be reported. A reminder is fine but that isn't.
Old 06-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #53
whynot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL, they have given up call me. Now they are calling the missus reminding her that the CX-5 is due for a service. Missus had to remind them about the previous conversations and that the dealer affixed sticker says six months or 4K until next service is due.