Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-04-2010, 08:25 AM   #121
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Welcome Rob. Always nice to seen new members. go the LWB owners!

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #122
RobVee

thanks guys this site has been a really great to help me with some technical info!!!

awesome cars everyone keep up the great work!

as for me im out in berwick in victoria, im planning to keep the fairlane in tip top condition, it is almost like new and sounds pretty mean when you fire it up too

have just given the car a a big kleenout out the weekend and its looking great and i ll have some pictures up asap

Rock on!
RobVee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #123
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Hi Rob, nice to find another passionate LWB fan. Would you be interested in coming on our 29 May cruise? Would love to see another Fairlane along for the ride.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #124
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Hi Rob, nice to find another passionate LWB fan. Would you be interested in coming on our 29 May cruise? Would love to see another Fairlane along for the ride.
Could not agree more Rob - great to see more LWB guys on the site!

Dauphin, you just want another Fairy, because you know an LTD is coming!

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 04-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #125
RobVee

Hellyeah!!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #126
RobVee

some more pics of the fairlane

im not too good with the internet formalities and picture format and things

LOL check out the mini in the last pic thats in echuca

it would be rad to catch you dudes in Horsham on the 29/05/2010 for an awesome cruise

!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flane4.JPG (49.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg flane5.JPG (75.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg flane6.JPG (52.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg flane7.JPG (82.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg flane8.JPG (83.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 11-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #127
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Love the rear shot. The Mini looks so tiny in comparison.

Looking to seeing and hearing it in Horsham.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #128
snowey02
Starter Motor

I can't find the thread on all the starting problems with AU111 Falcons running really rough for a while and then coming good,. perhaps Sticky can direct me to it please as I have spent $500 on mine and they still cannot solve the problem and it is actually getting rougher on start now. Len
snowey02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #129
Eleanor

Gday all

I'm a new AU owner having just picked up a 10/01 AU2 Futura Classic in Meteorite. Will get around to starting a thread for it at some stage but mods will be slow and a long time coming for me. It currently has a cat-back exhaust system, 18 x 8's, combination of lowered Kings Springs and Monroe shocks & struts. Bodywise it's stock bar a factory bobtail boot spoiler. Worst aspect of the car is the paintwork is not great and performance-wise it goes nowhere near as hard as my old EL Fairmont Ghia .

Anyway I was wondering what is going on with everyone's links to aufalcon.com? I've been clicking on them and I end up being redirected to a non-related page for a company called Alcon (with a picture of a pretty blonde?)

Cheers, Paul

My AU2
Eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #130
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Welcome aboard Paul.

The website issue is being investigated by administrators, but in the mean time, if you just insert the .au, you will get to the page you are looking for.

IE. aufalcon.com.au
Cheers

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 29-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #131
Eleanor

So guys is AuFalcon.com.au a paid-up club as such or a just a section of this forum. Are there cruises or activities in SEQ that I can join or is it best to check out the other sections of the forum for that?

My AU2
Old 31-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #132
Eleanor

Just thought I'd post back here now that I have a couple of pics of the new car.

My recent purchase to replace our written-off EL Fairmont Ghia - 10/01 AU2 Futura Classic - K6 Meteorite, Cat-back exhaust, Kings & Monroe suspension, 18 x 8 RJR Champs (I think?)

Took a few pics yesterday afternoon out on our first decent drive and topped it off with a good feed at the Bull & Barley (Pub) at Cambooya, Qld before heading back in to Toowoomba.

My AU2
Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #133
jojo
Starter Motor

Well hello

Found you guys while searching for parts and info. I am the new owner of a 99 AU, which I love to bits. I am F, currently live in Renmark SA and trying to finish my PhD thesis.

You'll probably see me asking numpty questions when google hasn't been my friend!
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #134
james2791
Starter Motor

Thought I'd also post here specifically in the AU Falcon Club seeing that I now will be driving one

In case anyone hasn't seen my first post, my names James, 18 and driving (will be) a '99 Fairmont AU. Here to ask questions, give feedback and enjoy the time with fellow AU drivers.

Ill try and post better pics of the car when I get the chance (rather than my smallish profile pic...)

PS - Eleanor, nice pic & futura Rims make it look outstanding IMO.
james2791 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #135
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

welcome mate...
where are you located?
we're having an AU meet in melb on the 4th of July!
come along if you can..!

cheers
kr1sto

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #136
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

hey guys,

new here.. My names leigh, 26 year old sparkie.
have just acquired an AUII xr8 pursuit. just thought id say hi and i look forward to soaking up as much info as possible, and sharing any of my knowledge from years of working on other cars myself.

heres a link to my build thread:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...57#post3213657

catch yas round
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #137
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
hey guys,

new here.. My names leigh, 26 year old sparkie.
have just acquired an AUII xr8 pursuit. just thought id say hi and i look forward to soaking up as much info as possible, and sharing any of my knowledge from years of working on other cars myself.

heres a link to my build thread:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...57#post3213657

catch yas round
I was just in that other thread posting a comment. Welcome again lol.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #138
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor
Just thought I'd post back here now that I have a couple of pics of the new car.

My recent purchase to replace our written-off EL Fairmont Ghia - 10/01 AU2 Futura Classic - K6 Meteorite, Cat-back exhaust, Kings & Monroe suspension, 18 x 8 RJR Champs (I think?)

Took a few pics yesterday afternoon out on our first decent drive and topped it off with a good feed at the Bull & Barley (Pub) at Cambooya, Qld before heading back in to Toowoomba.

That is really nice. Congrats on the buy. I love those wheels too. And I'm a huge fan of that colour. It's one of my absolute favourites! Again, very nice

Krissy.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #139
EATHSV
Oo---oO

Hey guys and girls,
I'm Lucas 24yo from Tassie
Driving an AU2 XR8 manual sedan in silver, almost fully optioned except for the perfomance brakes.
My better half Tania owns an AU3 futura with a couple of mods.

We love our AU's and are looking forward to sharing info with everyone on this great forum.

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #140
james2791
Starter Motor

Welcome to all the new guys after me Updating my first post with a decent pic of my Fairmont... probably the best pic of it that I have atm (the heavy downpour today gave it a pretty shine )
I also finally managed to get my hands on a spoiler from a wreck today, so Ill be posting pics of how thats turned up in this post.
Cheers, James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fmont.jpg (122.1 KB, 56 views)
james2791 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #141
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

welcome mate!!!
have a look in the AU meets section and put your name down..
having a meet and greet at Bundoora Park on the 4th of July..
Bring the car down and say hello!!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 15-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #142
Dr Jekkyl

Hi everyone,

I have been hanging around the forums for a bit now but only recently became an AU owner. My new ride is a S1 fairmont. Pretty happy with it so far but am ironing out a few of the used car bugs, you know the real reasons why the previous owner is selling. Pics soon.

Otherwise I am dad to my 18mth old son, soon to be married and I am a professional uni student (currently in my 8th year of uni ).

I am hoping that through here I can meet some similar-minded people and develop some kind of social life outside of uni. Learning about my car is an added bonus.
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #143
crdave
Blue Blood

G'day everyone

Found the forum while looking around etc. My names Dave and I hail from Mt. Barker SA.
I'm a huge fan of the AU and own an AUII XR6 which is parked up in the shed thanks to one of skippies mates.This will now be a project car with work about to start in the near future to repair the damage and a full respray. Not too much damage, purely cosmetic luckily.
In the mean time i have just bought an AUII Fairmont Ghia. Sweet ride, all standard and in nice nick. I will make some small mods in the near future, wheels etc probably. Anyway just thought i'd say g'day and give my ramble.

Dave
crdave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #144
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Default Welcome

Welcome Dr Jekkyl and Dave. Great to see more new members coming on board to AUFALCON.COM.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 27-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #145
Deeno XR
Starter Motor

G'day G'day

Just been posting on "Show us ya AU" and just found this one. My wife and I have been shopping around for a BA XR6 in preparation for our first child and last week we picked up series III AU XR8 manual with 88000 clicks. Still don't know how I got away with it!

Hoping to learn more about it by trawling through these threads and maybe joining a club for a few social outings

Cheers
Deeno
Deeno XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #146
2002au
Define definitive

hi all, new to this so bare with me lol. im cassidy, live in tassie and just brought my first car, a 2002 au3 xr6 tickford. 5-speed manual, 18 inch RJR alloys and thats about it for now. any suggestions on what sort of mods i should start with???
2002au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #147
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

welcome all new AU members

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #148
atomiclord
I drive way too much...

Just realised I haven't said hello yet. I'm Kieran. The EGAS Forte is my daily (and now only) drive. I live in Perth, and have just gone back to uni (bring on the poverty lol).

Just wanted to say thanks to all the people who have contributed to this site. It's been really helpful reading through all the how-to and technical docs.
atomiclord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #149
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Welcome to AFF mate and AU falcon..!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #150
markvic66
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, what a fantastic forum, just brought my fisrt ford in 20 years, after a couple XAs 351s, The "new" one is a 2000 AU11 XR8 ute 5 speed, mainly brought to carry my new DR400 dirt bike, and to get from "A" to "B" a little quicker than my old crusier, I'm and outdoors guy, and work in the power industry
markvic66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post