Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #211
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by xafordgod
Hi , Im Brendon from Shakey Christchurch, NZ. Ive been on this forum for quite some time with alot of the earlier falcons. But, with my lifestyle change and the recent quakes, things have changed alot, and I am now the proud owner of a 2001 AU11 XR6 Ute. Winter White with Black Leather interior.

Cheers,

Brendon
Nice pickup Brendan. I am sure that you will not be disappointed. Welcome to the AU forums.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #212
Whiskeyonesix

Hi Folks,
I'm Tom, and I've just bought my very first Falcon, it's an AU Series I with the XLS Grille and 15" Alloys, and a rear spoiler maybe from the XR.... unsure about that! It's got 200k on the clock but I figure it'll last for a long time yet.
No stranger to Fords, having owned a few back in the UK yrs ago, a pinto MkV Cortina, a 1.6L Sierra and a V6 4x4 Scorpio which was great fun - when it wasn't eating CV joints!
BTW I'm 37, married, run a Distribution Warehouse and live in Perth.

Cheers,
Whiskeyonesix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #213
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

G DAY and welcome , we have quite a collection of AUs from the wild west and @ 200ks you should have her for a while then

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #214
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Welcome Tom. 200K - should be good for quite a while yet. AUs are one of the best from Ford, I hope that you enjoy.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 23-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #215
Whiskeyonesix

Cheers Guys, When I went out shopping for her I was actually after an ED or EL, but really good examples of those here were more expensive than getting a good AU!
I guess the styling put alot of people off, but the rest of the car seems so well-sorted.
But I've always liked the AU's.
Not got any plans to mod it, although getting a K+N filter or similar is a shrewd buy, and a pair of clear indicator lenses would be nice
Then I'll slam it to the ground and put 20'' Mags on it..... Hehe joking...

New brake switch at 203k+211k, new Discs and Pads + service at 212k
Old 23-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #216
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeyonesix
Cheers Guys, When I went out shopping for her I was actually after an ED or EL, but really good examples of those here were more expensive than getting a good AU!
I guess the styling put alot of people off, but the rest of the car seems so well-sorted.
But I've always liked the AU's.
Not got any plans to mod it, although getting a K+N filter or similar is a shrewd buy, and a pair of clear indicator lenses would be nice
Then I'll slam it to the ground and put 20'' Mags on it..... Hehe joking...
K&N Panel filter is well worth it. air flow through them is sooooo much better. Back in the day, when I had one I mine, noticed a difference in fuel economy straight away. Again, great score !

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 23-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #217
Whiskeyonesix

I punt a K+N pod filter on a V8 Range-Rover I had a few years back. Couldn't say I noticed a difference in Economy or Power, but it made such a wonderful noise

Old 23-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #218
ynot57

ok havind trouble with computer.sorry
ynot57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #219
IGALOP
Starter Motor

Hi all, recent new owner of 2000 Au 2 Wagon, White, duel fuel, 05 XR8 18 inch wheels plus a few other extras. Only done a genuine 106,000 km's. Absolute immaculate condish and goes well with uprated LPG/fuel chip. Looks nice with tint and wheels and holds the road extra well with 245 sticky's. Will soon be looking for some stuff to add to my nice new ride! In Gippsland Vic!
IGALOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-05-2011, 11:08 PM   #220
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGALOP
Hi all, recent new owner of 2000 Au 2 Wagon, White, duel fuel, 05 XR8 18 inch wheels plus a few other extras. Only done a genuine 106,000 km's. Absolute immaculate condish and goes well with uprated LPG/fuel chip. Looks nice with tint and wheels and holds the road extra well with 245 sticky's. Will soon be looking for some stuff to add to my nice new ride! In Gippsland Vic!
Welcome to the forums IGALOP. Wagon sounds nice - you'll need to get some pics up.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 30-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #221
SeriousBlack
Easily Impressed :)

Hi all....

39/m/married Coffs Harbour (ish) N.S.W.......Love the Mid-North Coast!!!

Was in the market for a new car when i saw an add that simply said "Au Falcon for sale"......was the classic story......answered add...car was in a little country town bout 30 mins from here,....me and a mate drove out to have a look.....

Down a dirt road, to a little fibro farmhouse.....out comes a little old lady....she says "Cars in the shed."....so i walk over to the garage and theres this little old beat up toyota corolla...she says "Thats not it,..look behind the other rollerdoor......".....and there it was......

5 litres of tickford enhanced AU2 joy.....well....Tickford 17 inch rims and suspension .....Hi-tech headers, 2.5inch exhaust.....other than that stock as a rock with a very nice auto sunroof and a great black gloss paintjob.

Didnt realise it was the 5 litre till i started it.....should have seen the look on my mates face as the thing sat there and rumbled....was priceless.

What the hell it was doing sitting in a garage at a little old lady's house i'll never understand.....but im sure glad it was.

Plans for it??...Already ordered the CAI and will be fitting it soon....then perhaps performance chip....

Nice to meet u all guys.

Cheers.
SeriousBlack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #222
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Very nice pick up and welcome to the nut house

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2011, 10:34 PM   #223
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Welcome to AU Falcon.com.au. Awesome find SeriousBlack - well done. Looks pristine. I am sure that you will enjoy it. If you start to do it up a bit, start a build thread under aufalcon.com. I and I am sure many others enjoy seeing these cars improved. Again, well done.

Stuart

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 30-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #224
SeriousBlack

Cheers and thanks for the welcome Whoosha
Old 30-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #225
SeriousBlack

Cheers AUIILTD will do
Old 30-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #226
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Now that has to be my favourite combination!

Throw a 5.6L T3 engine in with a Whipple 2.6L, then i'd fall in love with that!

Great pickup mate, and welcome to the forums!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #227
IGALOP
Starter Motor

Update on my AU Wagon. Waiting for my K & N filter and new clear Altezza tail lights to arrive. Surprised at the power I get when on LPG ( it's most of the time). Doesn't seem to fall much at all from when I run on petrol. It seems these newer Multi point injector LPG systems are much better technologically speaking and lose very little to petrol, maybe just a tad on mileage. The chip system is all important as is the air filtering system. Now with the 18 inch x 245 mm rubber on XR8 wheels I have bumped the psi to 36-38 and get great traction and this must also help mileage. Larger chrome tailpipe also fitted and will soon add a rear screen dust deflector.
Enjoying the development of my ride which seems to be a genuine 107,000 kms as I am still to hear any strange noises or squeaks. This thing is barely run in.
IGALOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #228
Whiskeyonesix

Update on mine.... Apart from aufalcon.com stickers on the quarterlight windows I've done absolutely nothing to it!

Changed the brake light switch yesterday though (Supercheap Auto one, probably fail again soon - what a fiddly job that is. I know they fail often on these things, and I'm just wondering why Ford never recalled these when the cars were new...

Old 24-06-2011, 02:31 AM   #229
RyanFalcon21
The Blue Wizard

Hey all
Ryan 18y.
Regency 2000 Au2 futura
150k's
pioneer sound system
black led altezza Taillights

soon to have 2.5inch exhaust with pacemakers and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to modify my CAI
RyanFalcon21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #230
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFalcon21
Hey all
Ryan 18y.
Regency 2000 Au2 futura
150k's
pioneer sound system
black led altezza Taillights

soon to have 2.5inch exhaust with pacemakers and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to modify my CAI
Welcome Ryan. Had your AU long? Hope you enjoy and again, welcome to the forums. A wealth of great knowledge and people on this site.

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 25-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #231
Skeg37

Default Xr6 Mini Resto

Hi guys. My resto which started last November (yes I am a bit slow) has gotten to the point where I have my roadwrothy certificate and will be registering on Monday!!! Thanks to the guys at Aussie Diffs Currumbin I had the rear end reconditioned. Bit of a task and a few dollars later but its all good now. They did a great job on what looked like being a disaster due to some rusted bolts etc. I only need to get some paintwork done and a hood lining so if anyone knows a decent panel beater down the southern end of the coast I would be glad to hear from you. No point posting photos as the car doesnt look any different on the outside. Full set of new rotors, brake pads and a caliper kit. Monday comes and I will be on the road!!!!!!! Still chasing a fews bits and pieces to finish off.
Skeg37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #232
RyanFalcon21
The Blue Wizard

Cheers mate and only a few months this is my 2nd au my first was killed in a car accident :'(
I plan on keeping this one nice and healthy till at least off my p's with lots of mods along the way :P
RyanFalcon21 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #233
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Salutations - name is Vincenzo

I'm old - retired - ex paramedic / advanced life support officer and defensive driving instructor.

Been living in the Territory for the last thirty years

last car (Laser) was written off by a group of youths.

With the payout I flew to Brisbane boxing day and picked up a Series 111 XR6 with 140,000 on the clock. the floods meant I couldn't return to darwin via central Queensland so went south through Sydney Adelaide and Alice - extra 5,000k's. What a fantastic cruise back home it was.

i don't think the car is standard - goes harder than my EF XR6 - suspension is lower than other XR6's and slightly stiffer - well that's it
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #234
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Welcome guys. Gee Vincenzo - what a nice little cruise to get to know your car! I am sure an AUIII XR6 was much higher spec than your old EF XR.

Enjoy guys
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 07-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #235
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Welcome mate!!...

Also, I found the AU Wagon had more torque/power than the EF Wagon, and both were stock auto's also...
Old 08-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #236
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Stu and thanks

Apart from a higher HP motor, better ergonomics, better handling (stock V's lowered) IRS V's live axle and better tyres - yeah your right slightly up market.

I was going through some paper work from previous owner and car has been chipped - thought related to paint work but think it's engine management.

Had what I thought was GMH parts under the bonnet but checked and it's the name for the big mouth cold air induction.

Wonder what else I am going to learn

Cheers Vincenzo
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #237
jaxsplatt
Starter Motor

G'day all...
Jarrett here, new to the blue oval club...
Needed a second car so I sent the wife shopping and she brings home a 2001 Sr, standard as with 140 000 on the clock. This will be my car as she has the Tarago to cart our 4 kids to kindy and school. I just quit my job as a sale's rep and lost the company car so I needed one to get me too my new job, hence the Sr. CD player and rear speakers not working( just ejects it back out). I've had a browse and looks like they have a problem with standard units, update might be on the cards.
So no more mighty lions in my shed anymore looks like it will be blue oval territory now...
jaxsplatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #238
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsplatt
G'day all...
Jarrett here, new to the blue oval club...
Needed a second car so I sent the wife shopping and she brings home a 2001 Sr, standard as with 140 000 on the clock. This will be my car as she has the Tarago to cart our 4 kids to kindy and school. I just quit my job as a sale's rep and lost the company car so I needed one to get me too my new job, hence the Sr. CD player and rear speakers not working( just ejects it back out). I've had a browse and looks like they have a problem with standard units, update might be on the cards.
So no more mighty lions in my shed anymore looks like it will be blue oval territory now...
Welcome Jarrett. Sounds like a good pickup. Your wife has great taste. You cannot go too far wrong with an AU. There are a sensational car.

Cheers
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 11-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #239
chukks69
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome New aufalcon.com Members - Say Hello Here

Hi All, I'm Rob also from Brisbane,out at Camira,I'm a retired Vietnam Vet on a TPI pension but lucky enough to be still able to ride my Harley and go camping and fishing when the health allows it. Just bought a 2000 AU series2 Cab Chassis with a drop side aluminium tray to tow my old cabin cruiser about with and Just Love it!! Six cyl 5spdSilver with immacculate black n blue trim and only 175,000 klms on it. I also have got out of my Holdens to go this way.
Look forward to talking with you all here and will be watching out for any social functions that are coming up.
Ciao for now...
chukks69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #240
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chukks69
Hi All, I'm Rob also from Brisbane,out at Camira,I'm a retired Vietnam Vet on a TPI pension but lucky enough to be still able to ride my Harley and go camping and fishing when the health allows it. Just bought a 2000 AU series2 Cab Chassis with a drop side aluminium tray to tow my old cabin cruiser about with and Just Love it!! Six cyl 5spdSilver with immacculate black n blue trim and only 175,000 klms on it. I also have got out of my Holdens to go this way.
Look forward to talking with you all here and will be watching out for any social functions that are coming up.
Ciao for now...
Welcome Rob. A great wealth of information available on these forums. Nice find with only 175K on a commercial vehicle - barely run in! Well done.

Cheers
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250