Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #61
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: vFacts July 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Why would they bother?

Not to mention the kinda important local factory to build them, which no longer exist under Fords control.
but there is a market for foreign built Mustangs in RHD.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Sure is. But the world loves a sleek sports coupe, especially Europe. They just don't understand massive pick up trucks. North America, Australia and South Africa are about the only ones who kinda do, and those 2 RHD markets aren't going to support RHD production numbers.

Plus european roads are too tight for them, and their sky high petrol prices make them next to unsellable in anything but tiny numbers.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #63
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Sure is. But the world loves a sleek sports coupe, especially Europe. They just don't understand massive pick up trucks. North America, Australia and South Africa are about the only ones who kinda do, and those 2 RHD markets aren't going to support RHD production numbers.

Plus european roads are too tight for them, and their sky high petrol prices make them next to unsellable in anything but tiny numbers.
I didn't think the euro trash were interested in US V8 anything including muscle cars. I guess they wouldn't understand considering their towns are so close together with a vast population.

Last edited by roKWiz; 08-08-2019 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #64
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I didn't think the euro trash were interested in US V8 anything including muscle cars. I guess they wouldn't understand considering their towns are so close together with a vast population.
Europe loves V8's though. Just look at AMG, BMW, Jaguar, Audi etc that have long histories with V8 engines. They would be even more popular if it wasn't for sky high fuel prices.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #65
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't forget that production volumes of Mustang are much smaller and a RHD version would make enough sales to justify the effort especially considering Mustang was engineered for RHD from the beginning.

If Ford bother to engineer a RHD version of the F-150 and it would only be remotely likely when an all-new platform is being developed then maybe we can get one here...and believe me I really, really want that to be the case.

Right now Ford, globally, is on a "consolidation" program removing as much complexity out of their production plants around the world including shutting down plants. While NA makes the most money and hence profit this is where the universe revolves.

Just thinking out aloud, if there were a way that a modular platform for lhd/rhd could be developed that could be the basis for F-150/Explorer/Expedition/Lincoln/Transit/Mustang.....I might finally get a factory built Aviator.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 08-08-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:25 PM   #66
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Most 70 series utes are bought by mines or farms. They are a workhorse that doesn't break. They don't have, or need fancy gadgets to work. They need payload. They need strength. They need durability. I don't see the bulk of these sales being affected.

I have nothing against RAM as a vehicle but I just don't see it stealing sales from other cars that are bought for a specific purpose.

If you don't tow a big van and you just want a big powerful ute, then go for it. Or if you don't care about weight legalities, it will probably tow a big van well also.

If RAM lift the rear axle weight limit a few 100kg I'd say it will sell a lot better.

Alot of these Toyotas are bought by show ponies too.. I know a few professionals running around in 79 series dual cabs with after market interiors, big wheels / lifts and aftermarket bodies because they look cool . They nearly think they have the same creed as an AMG merc

In my opinion they are probably one of the worse cars on todays roads and should have been upgraded years ago.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:27 PM   #67
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

RHD / LHD should be very simple, especially today with electric steering... If they got rid of some of these stupid EU design rules you would probably see alot more RHD offerings.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2019, 04:45 PM   #68
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Alot of these Toyotas are bought by show ponies too.. I know a few professionals running around in 79 series dual cabs with after market interiors, big wheels / lifts and aftermarket bodies because they look cool . They nearly think they have the same creed as an AMG merc

In my opinion they are probably one of the worse cars on todays roads and should have been upgraded years ago.
And Rangers...

Old 08-08-2019, 05:04 PM   #69
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The graphical stats for July have now been posted to the Tech portal.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: