Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
cloudy007
Starter Motor

Default Programme stickers inside door

Hi there I have a au11 xr8 and it has two stickers that you can see when the door is open. They are genuine ford stickers that have a programe number on them and a date. It is an 01 model but the stickers are dated 03 they both have the same date but different programme numbers. Anyone know what these corrospond two?

cloudy007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: Programme stickers inside door

Are they black and silver? If so they are recall stickers indicating that the car has had some recall work done on it at some stage.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
cloudy007
Starter Motor

Thanks for that yes they are. Do you know if there is any way of finding out what they did? I live in NZ so don't know if there is any way over here
Cheers
Old 29-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Try posting the numbers on them up here, someone may know. The only recall I can think of for AU's was the one for the steering rack.
Old 29-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
cloudy007
Starter Motor

Just did a quick search on here and found some numbers but none of them are even close to what I've got they also say program number and nothing about a field campaign or recall. One is 200221A and the other is 200604A. Any idea's
Old 29-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952864 although NZ might be different
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
cloudy007
Starter Motor

Cheers for that had a look through but none seem to apply to my car which was built in september 2001. I was told when I bought this car that it was owned by ford nz and that they had done work to the heads and exhaust and altered the computer to suit so maybe what I was told was true and these numbers are related to that.I do know they owned for the first year. Not sure what to think but am keen on finding out
Old 29-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #8
AU Mont
Banned

hmm cant see Ford modifying a new AU XR8 with fancy heads & magical power tunes for the fun of it

as mentioned the only sticker that should be there is the steering rack bolt update thingy
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My Au 11 Xr8 had 2 factory recalls, steering rack and radiator . being field stickers the car could also been EPA emmision evaluated (random form Ford and or dealers back then) also fuel evaluations .

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Another thought is that it might be what they used to call a 'program' falcon - they used to run one around for a while then put it back through the assembly line to evaluate and effectively 'rebuild' it. From what i remember they were almost always red or white and the last one that I ever saw was a BA, dont know if they do it any more.
Old 30-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #11
cloudy007
Starter Motor

Cheers for ideas guys and I agree I don't think ford would have done anything to it as new, more than likely it will have some thing to do with the recalls. Doesn't really matter I like the car anyway it's a manual xr8 with factory premium brakes and factory tinted windows, someone at some stage has spent a bit of money on it as the engine cover is painted the same blue as the car and it has mesh in the front spoiler and all badges have been removed, just another question though the info on the car says it's a xr8 5m anyone know what the 5m stands for?
Old 30-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudy007
just another question though the info on the car says it's a xr8 5m anyone know what the 5m stands for?
M is for the Manual
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #13
an10as

I saw a field campaign sticker on a 99 AU dated 2004. A recall for something?
an10as is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post