Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-01-2012, 04:15 AM   #1
EATHSV
Oo---oO

Default Gearbox Issue

Hey guys the partners AU3 futura has a bit of a problem.

This morning she was driving along and the car it dropped into and stuck in first gear. It'll move under its own power for short distances but progressivly loose momentium while climbing revs untill it stops dead while reving its ring out. This is accompanied by a high piched whine.

I had to limp it back home tonight (a distance of about 2km) and it did this three times. I found if you swiched it off in park and lift off the brake it would rock back on the stopper and click, then it was right to go for about another 500m before I had to do it again.

From the drivers seat its a lot like someone progressivly putting the cluch in on a manual car.

It still shifts gear well if you move the stick manually but still runs out of push and just stops again. The most speed it got to was only 65kph in 3rd before it just made noise and slowed to a stop.

Any info would be appreciated as the Gearbox place can't look at it till friday and I would like to save the $$$ for the tow if its already stuffed.

Thanks in advance.

Successful transactions with the following members:
Ride, Raised by Monkeys, TICK4D-TAS, Falcman007, 2002AU, JC.
EATHSV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Gearbox Issue

my first port of call would be checking the tranny oil level and any leaks if it`s down.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post