Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #601
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave View Post
or football, meat pies, kangaroo's and...........

...Import cars?

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
This user likes this post:
Old 21-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #602
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see the R8 is being advertised as 340 on the rear of the car....guess that makes our 335's redundant now.....as for the 310!!!! I can feel a Tui add coming on! ( Kiwi Joke)
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #603
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 

I have a customer who currently has a F6 and has just put down a deposit on a GTS.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

Old 21-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #604
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHawk View Post
I see the R8 is being advertised as 340 on the rear of the car....guess that makes our 335's redundant now.....as for the 310!!!! I can feel a Tui add coming on! ( Kiwi Joke)
335 was sorta redundant as soon as they slapped it on the back of the GTs anyway considering the rwkW of around 310-325rwkW for stock engines so it's more like 350-360kW
Old 21-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #605
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
that could be closet holden supporters?? nothing wrong with it but it also does amazes me how long this thread is considering it is a ford forum. take into account I have owned holdens before so i'm not exactly one eyed. I actually like the looks of the VF commodore sedan. I don't like this thing thou.
Well, personally i'd like to think that anyone who prefers Ford's over Holden's to be brighter people.

With that in mind, it is understandable that we would discuss the vehicles merits in detail with well reasoned argument, not 'oh fully sick mate its got a super charger, 26" rims and a **** load of gadgets, it is the bestest ever bro'.

Unfortunately, some people will pick on it for what ever reason they can find, be it styling or price tag, but regardless of what you think of Holden and their business sense, just like Monaro, Coupe4, W427 etc. etc. at least they have the balls to do it and share it with the faithful.

Whilst the Miami is a ball tearer with heaps of unlocked potential, Ford are too scared to offer up anything more than a sticker package with stuff the GT should have been released with in the first place.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #606
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHawk View Post
I see the R8 is being advertised as 340 on the rear of the car....guess that makes our 335's redundant now.....
Put em side by side down the strip and see what happens..........and make sure the Wheels and Motor PRESS are there to take pictures. It would go something like this at the trap.

GT..........Click camera
1 second
2 seconds
R8..........Click camera

Yawn....................
Old 21-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #607
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

How on gods name did this make 600+ posts! Thats alot of thread merging.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #608
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

And of course, 315 and 335 are set in stone and can never ever be increase in power....
Old 21-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #609
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
And of course, 315 and 335 are set in stone and can never ever be increase in power....
It can have a squillion Kw's at the wheels, but if it cant get it to ground its valid only for Dyno racers.

How much more can Ford put through the current GT chassis/driveline, whilst maintaining factory warranty.

Perhaps a badge upgrade is where its at...
Old 21-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #610
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
How on gods name did this make 600+ posts! Thats alot of thread merging.
When it gets to 666 - it will be the devils thread and should be shut down.......
Old 21-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #611
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
When it gets to 666 - it will be the devils thread and should be shut down.......
Plus 1 for that, can we get this locked in
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #612
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
It can have a squillion Kw's at the wheels, but if it cant get it to ground its valid only for Dyno racers.

How much more can Ford put through the current GT chassis/driveline, whilst maintaining factory warranty.

Perhaps a badge upgrade is where its at...
The original intention was that the R-Spec upgrades would become standard across the GT
which means the 275s on the back, picking the correct rubber makes a big change
Has anyone tried Pirellis P Zeros on the GT, I hear they stick like glue..
Old 21-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #613
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The original intention was that the R-Spec upgrades would become standard across the GT
A mate of mine has Pirelli P Zeros on his XR6T ute. Doesn't rate them though.
Old 21-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #614
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
i have 275 on the rear of mine. pirellis are ok when there new, bit slippery after half way through.
i like yokies for grip and they are pretty good right to the end. don't get many k,s out of either
Old 21-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #615
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well, personally i'd like to think that anyone who prefers Ford's over Holden's to be brighter people.

With that in mind, it is understandable that we would discuss the vehicles merits in detail with well reasoned argument, not 'oh fully sick mate its got a super charger, 26" rims and a **** load of gadgets, it is the bestest ever bro'.

Unfortunately, some people will pick on it for what ever reason they can find, be it styling or price tag, but regardless of what you think of Holden and their business sense, just like Monaro, Coupe4, W427 etc. etc. at least they have the balls to do it and share it with the faithful.

Whilst the Miami is a ball tearer with heaps of unlocked potential, Ford are too scared to offer up anything more than a sticker package with stuff the GT should have been released with in the first place.
well I own 2 fords at present and don't own a holden at present. I have opinion (like you and everyone else) my opinion is on the car not the "brand". thou some people cant see past that. I fail too see whats so special about this car. big whoop it might have 575hp. I don't care. 26inch rims are for tools, and I couldn't care less what gadgets it has. I wont buy one because plain and simple. I don't like it. why buy a car I don't like??? I wouldn't look after it. Monaro, Coupe4, W427. where are they now?? Monaro didn't last long interest died down in that and its export plan for it did well didn't it?? not many people talk about Coupe4 and the famous W427 that only had 138 built out of a promised 427. massive loss for holden. that's real good business sense isn't. bag ford out as much as you like even if ford leave here, there still in a better position then general motors. If you like what holden does. buy one. at the end of the day how many people will buy a performance car?? the majority of people aren't into cars. they'll buy something cheap or something that suits there needs. I cant picture anyone who brought a mazda 3 selling it for this. this is what will get holden and ford out of trouble. build a car most sheep want. if anything Ford has more of an idea globally then what GM has.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #616
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Is this thread still going?

Every time I see it I get a craving for a big Mac.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Old 21-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #617
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Is this thread still going?

Every time I see it I get a craving for a big Mac.
might be an idea. getting a little hungry myself
Old 21-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #618
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Monaro, Coupe4, W427. where are they now?? Monaro didn't last long interest died down in that and its export plan for it did well didn't it?? not many people talk about Coupe4 and the famous W427 that only had 138 built out of a promised 427. massive loss for holden. that's real good business sense isn't..
Nah, your totally right, what was I thinking.

I mean, picture this...

Im sitting at a set of lights in my W427/GTS/Coupe4, some punk in his banged up VL Turbo eggs me on.
I rev her to 6k, the light goes green and just at that moment when the clutch plates should be mashing together, I stop to ponder the money Holden lost building it and the fact that no one else wanted one.

If I didn't despise this thing for the being such a rare, economic loss i'd have hosed that punk...

Damn you GMH
Old 21-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #619
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nah, your totally right, what was I thinking.

I mean, picture this...

Im sitting at a set of lights in my W427/GTS/Coupe4, some punk in his banged up VL Turbo eggs me on.
I rev her to 6k, the light goes green and just at that moment when the clutch plates should be mashing together, I stop to ponder the money Holden lost building it and the fact that no one else wanted one.

If I didn't despise this thing for the being such a rare, economic loss i'd have hosed that punk...
what has that got to with no one else wanting one?? punk spends less money modifying VL and blows all 3 cars away mentioned. your point??? seen a few VLs that have done under 12 second passes but then again I suppose your one of these "enthusiast" that makes us look like hoons by drag racing everything at the lights?? I'd rather VL too all three. cheaper too do up for the drags. RB30s are still popular
Old 21-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #620
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
what has that got to with no one else wanting one?? punk spends less money modifying VL and blows all 3 cars away mentioned. your point??? seen a few VLs that have done under 12 second passes but then again I suppose your one of these "enthusiast" that makes us look like hoons by drag racing everything at the lights?? I'd rather VL too all three. cheaper too do up for the drags. RB30s are still popular
no you wouldn't prefer the VL.
it has GMH written all over it.
Old 21-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #621
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
what make you think i'm biased?? just because I hate the new GTS doesn't mean I don't like other holdens. I'm aloud too like what I want
Old 21-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #622
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
The point is, who cares wether the parent company lost money or wether many of the desired buyers opted against it.
The point is that for a Holden fan there are numerous 'special' models available at the right price for those who desire them.
If I owned one of them the last thing i'd care about is what my rarity cost some bean counters.
Old 21-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #623
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Haha by that sort of logic how about the Bugatti Veyron, costs them more to make than they sell them for, guess they're **** too lol
Old 21-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #624
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The point is, who cares wether the parent company lost money or wether many of the desired buyers opted against it.
The point is that for a Holden fan there are numerous 'special' models available at the right price for those who desire them.
If I owned one of them the last thing i'd care about is what my rarity cost some bean counters.
but aren't you the same person who bitched and moaned about how ford doesn't have any guts?? it wouldn't matter if ford produced a 600hp falcon from factory. I bet you'd still find something too pick on. it doesn't matter that ford had the GT-R spec that is still at this stage "Australia's fastest accelerating car" yet you find because it only has 335kw decal or it doesn't have some flashy gizmo that HSV put in there cars too try and be like European luxury car manufactures. ford don't have guts. well put it this way. ford have the worlds most powerful V8 at the moment. sounds like too me ford have plenty of guts. at least fords not trying too be something its not. also your argument about business case is flawed if you come back saying that who cares. I don't care either but your the one who brought that up
Old 21-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #625
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
but aren't you the same person who bitched and moaned about how ford doesn't have any guts?? it wouldn't matter if ford produced a 600hp falcon from factory. I bet you'd still find something too pick on. it doesn't matter that ford had the GT-R spec that is still at this stage "Australia's fastest accelerating car" yet you find because it only has 335kw decal or it doesn't have some flashy gizmo that HSV put in there cars too try and be like European luxury car manufactures. ford don't have guts. well put it this way. ford have the worlds most powerful V8 at the moment. sounds like too me ford have plenty of guts. at least fords not trying too be something its not. also your argument about business case is flawed if you come back saying that who cares. I don't care either but your the one who brought that up
No I wouldn't pick on Ford for building something like this GTS, I would love to see them go all out.
The problem is, they wont, and when they do attempt something special they fall short.
The GT-Rspec is what the GT should have been in the first place.
But no, Ford flog regular GT's off and then release the real thing later on, it reeks of arrogance and penny pinching.

Although I would never own one I would welcome Ford standing up and building a full race bred HO like this GTS and throw everything they have at their disposal at it, but something tells me the conservative mindset at Ford wont allow it so the best well ever see is a stripe package which wouldn't cut it so they wont even go there.
Old 21-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #626
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
But no, Ford flog regular GT's off and then release the real thing later on, it reeks of arrogance and penny pinching.

Same could be said about anything, really. Remember the VT 300kw GTS wa special once...now all HSV's have over 300kw...progress and change will always make something redundant in hind sight.

The GT is what it is, the R-spec added to that, no doubt the Fu series will get the R-spec improvements...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 21-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #627
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
No I wouldn't pick on Ford for building something like this GTS, I would love to see them go all out.
The problem is, they wont, and when they do attempt something special they fall short.

Although I would never own one I would welcome Ford standing up and building a full race bred HO like this GTS and throw everything they have at their disposal at it, but something tells me the conservative mindset at Ford wont allow it so the best well ever see is a stripe package which wouldn't cut it so they wont even go there.
ford wont do it because people have too many expectations of it

http://brisbanetimes.drive.com.au/mo...813-244g2.html

this is old but how do you get it right?? people have way too many expectations on what a FG/FH or FU GTHO should be like. quite frankly I don't blame them. there will always be someone who will say it should be this and that. HSV don't have that problem. just wack a bigger badge number on it and cashed up bogans left, right and centre will be attracted to it. I wouldn't say the GTS is all that just yet. remember this car hasn't been tested yet. I cant see the GTS being much faster then the GT-Rspec. I honestly doubt it will have much more at the wheels as a GT has either. I cant wait for the reviews and too see how much power is actually at the wheels.
Old 21-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #628
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post
Same could be said about anything, really. Remember the VT 300kw GTS wa special once...now all HSV's have over 300kw...progress and change will always make something redundant in hind sight.

The GT is what it is, the R-spec added to that, no doubt the Fu series will get the R-spec improvements...

ford will have an answer come the FU. with performance cars i'm more so a bang for buck person. I honestly don't care if it has flashy gizmos. so long as its looks good and delivers. that's why I am such a big fan of the XR6 turbos!! when it comes to FPV vs HSV I prefer the FPV offerings. I find that FPV seems more the performance car. yes the HSVs do go hard to but I find them more of a flash ride sort of car. I don't mind them thou. where as FPV have 2 very wild motors both with very brutal acceleration. that is what performance is to me. thou if I was too buy one i'd buy a GT. just for the fact I love the note of the V8!!
Old 21-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #629
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
I'm a Ford man through and through. I'm no swinging buyer, I'm as biased as they come. I won't even touch a Holden made after 1988. I couldn't imagine ever buying a new Holden no matter how good it was. But I'd love a VL.

Why? That inline six under the bonnet.
Old 21-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #630
Uncle Tone
Ploppy pants

I'm thinking of buying one.....if it goes as well as my current GTS....