Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-11-2022, 05:25 PM   #1
FroudeyBrand

Default Random Thought/Observation RE; AU/BA/BF/FG Utes Dent

So, I am in the process of looking at buying a "new" ute second hand obviously some are good but asking too much, some are complete buckets..

But I see a common injury be it an AU, BA/F or FG a hit or dent in the area behind the passenger door sometimes door is injuryed sometimes not but in the same area a huge dent..

How do they do it? Underground car park poles, angry missus or vengful mistress' boyfriend or motorbike hit..

I don't know lol just a random thought / obsveration.
FroudeyBrand is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2022, 06:19 PM   #2
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Random Thought/Observation RE; AU/BA/BF/FG Utes Dent

Could it be a trailer hitting the body when reversing and not judging just how far around the trailer has gone?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-11-2022, 07:11 PM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am in that situation, right behind passengers door.
witness saw it happen, typical shopping centre parkers, other driver hops out, inspects both vehicles, writes a note ??? and tucks under wiper. Witness observed all this and thought what a wonderful person doing that. Bugga is nothing on the paper just blank.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:42 PM   #4
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I am in that situation, right behind passengers door.
witness saw it happen, typical shopping centre parkers, other driver hops out, inspects both vehicles, writes a note ??? and tucks under wiper. Witness observed all this and thought what a wonderful person doing that. Bugga is nothing on the paper just blank.
'Hello, someone saw me hit your car so I thought I better write a note but I'm not including my details - sorry'
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2022, 08:19 PM   #5
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Got one in that exact spot.
KANGAROO
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2022, 09:47 AM   #6
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

I was looking for a BA column auto tray Ute (got one last year) and I had to wait about 15months to secure something suitable at a reasonable price.
In that time, I also noticed that heaps of Falcon Utes had big dents in that panel behind the door !

I still haven't worked out why it would be so common... as you don't see that many Sedans or Wagons with similar dents in that spot on the back door !??

Minor dents and scratches etc, I can understand, as they could come from ratchet straps etc, as things get tied down, and the hook end of the strap might drop against the cab when threading it around the front hoop etc (tray Utes mainly).

Even sellers claiming their Ute was in great condition, had dents in this location.

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

It always used to be the lower middle of the tailgate. From the towball hitting it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2022, 12:41 PM   #8
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

It could be because the gap between the cab and the ute body is a catch point? In a sedan, you don't have the gap (well, you have the gap between the doors, but they are fairly small) to be able to catch objects so anything that is scraping down the side of the vehicle doesn't catch like it would on the ute.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post