Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #451
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: HSV GTS LSA lettuce tomato & special sauce on a sesame seed bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
check it

http://www.hsv.com.au/Gen-F/see/gts/?rid=build

The shape actually works ok in "regal peacock", even the rear end!

Rather unfortunate name that paint, but it looks pretty sweet.
That was fun ...... but something must be wrong with the site as mine kept finishing up as an Epica!

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 17-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #452
Ghosn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler View Post
Plus a tuned 335, or F6 will still tramp the hsv. So don't hit the panic button just yet.
Don't know why people tend to make these kind of silly statements.

Firstly, you are comparing a modded car with a non modded car and as soon as you tune your 335, say goodbye to your factory warranty.

Secondly, if you want to compare them equally then compare a tuned 335 and a tuned GTS. Apples with apples.

Thirdly, before making blind statements about what a tuned 335 will do to a GTS, lets just wait and see what unfolds before getting too confident about who tramps who?
4 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #453
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

There's only so much power you can put through 275s, the problem is that even though you can
make the contact patch bigger with 305s, the down force is then spread over a wider area.

I think we're fast approaching the need for AWD to balance the power being applied to the road.

( I'm talking about indifferent road surfaces, not sticky drag strips)
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #454
No.6

Well....i gotta admit...the amount of tech has me red with jealousy. I really hope fpv can top the gts...
This user likes this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #455
lethal66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosn View Post

Firstly, you are comparing a modded car with a non modded car and as soon as you tune your 335, say goodbye to your factory warranty.

Secondly, if you want to compare them equally then compare a tuned 335 and a tuned GTS. Apples with apples.

Thirdly, before making blind statements about what a tuned 335 will do to a GTS, lets just wait and see what unfolds before getting too confident about who tramps who?
Can't agree more there mate. But you forgot to add a couple of things. Having all that power you need to be able to stop when brakes applied and also handling. I know for a fact that mrc on my E3 is awesome so im guessing it will be better again. I can't wait to see it in the flesh then my E3 gts will be going.
Old 17-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #456
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

E3 going... You buying a GT?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #457
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized View Post
The only way Holden got the budget to do such an extensive mid-cycle upgrade and put all these new tech features into the VF is because they must have put a solid business case forward to GM for exports to the USA. There is no way its been done for the Australian market only.

Ford on the other hand, dont have any export opportunities. I don't expect to see even a fraction of this tech in the next Falcon. Its only hope is that it should look loads better than the Commodore.
I read somewhere that Chevrolet paid for the interior to be re-done because the VE just wasn't up to their requirements for sale in the US. Hence the VF interior copped such a massive makeover which left more money for Holden to spend elsewhere. Integrating their electrical modules opened up a huge range of options to fit the GM electrical options too.

From what i've heard the 2014 Falcons interior won't be radically different, Ford will be lucky to even have a quarter of the money Holden spent on VF I think, but the exterior will be a huge change.

But in one area Holden must be absolutely s****ing themselves now that sales of Commodore have dropped massively over the last few years when they have just spent so much on it. If it doesn't massively increase sales they are up a creek without a paddle.

No matter how good it might be it won't solve the problem of people preferring to buy small cars, SUV's and dual cab utes. I think they are in trouble. Initial sales might be good for the first 4-6 months but after that just watch the slide continue IMO.
9 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #458
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

But in one area Holden must be absolutely s****ing themselves now that sales of Commodore have dropped massively over the last few years when they have just spent so much on it. If it doesn't massively increase sales they are up a creek without a paddle.

No matter how good it might be it won't solve the problem of people preferring to buy small cars, SUV's and dual cab utes. I think they are in trouble. Initial sales might be good for the first 4-6 months but after that just watch the slide continue IMO.
GM has invested heaps in VF Commodore and got great value for money i must add
but while 2014 Falcon will no doubt have more modest achievements, I think Ford is finally
going to ace Holden on looks, that in my opinion is way more important than every last option..

A bold aggressive look to Falcon will go a long way towards the car re asserting itself with buyers.
To me the recent Falcons can be likened to the big awkward kid in the school photo pretending to be small.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #459
lethal66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
E3 going... You buying a GT?
Are u kidding mate. Gen F gts. I love the look of them I love the power and I love the gadgets.i know of 5 orders already and that is just on 1 mine site . They are going to be popular.
Old 17-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #460
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's now the fastest selling model in HSVs history, I'm curious at how the build rate will be.
Old 17-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #461
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
It's now the fastest selling model in HSVs history, I'm curious at how the build rate will be.
How many have they sold ..... as opposed to sold to dealers?

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #462
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Its amazing how well tacky can sell. Not having a go at Holden in particular, but just the HSV's have gotten more and more tacky and ridiculous looking with more speed holes, random blacked out spots, etc. Subtle and/or the old principle of KISS doesnt seem to matter much at all anymore.
Old 17-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #463
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosn View Post

Why...that's been any holden lovers statement for years...

"chuck a cam in the R8 and it will smash your F6"

or

"Take it to walkinghome and put a supercharger on it"

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
3 users like this post:
Old 17-05-2013, 11:30 PM   #464
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal66 View Post
Are u kidding mate. Gen F gts. I love the look of them I love the power and I love the gadgets.i know of 5 orders already and that is just on 1 mine site . They are going to be popular.
Better put your order in then, before they sell out!

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 17-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #465
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmixr View Post
I think its because of vehicles such as the new GTS as to why ford is reluctant to release a HO...
There will be no guarantee that it would be on top of the pile and ford may not want to discredit the marque

I think its going to be an amazing piece of machinery... like it or not..
We can but hope!!
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
Old 17-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #466
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post

or

so bloody true!!
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #467
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Does price enter into the unmodded v unmodded, modded v modded, unmodded v modded argument?

When you're talking $100k for a GTS compared to $70k for a GT or $50k for a GS, both of which give similar power to the GTS and equal if not surpass it after a tune.

For those prices the Ford and Holden are in different markets and can't really be compared.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #468
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked View Post

or

I think we can agree that it's always sounded silly when they have said it- and it sounds equally silly if we start falling back on the same flawed argument.

In outright pace the GT will still smoke the Clubsport and the GT-P will still smoke the R8. The GTS is irrelevant, last I checked FPV weren't charging $100k+ for a supercharged V8.
7 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #469
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
I think we can agree that it's always sounded silly when they have said it- and it sounds equally silly if we start falling back on the same flawed argument.

In outright pace the GT will still smoke the Clubsport and the GT-P will still smoke the R8. The GTS is irrelevant, last I checked FPV weren't charging $100k+ for a supercharged V8.
Great, ugly, sexy, fast, super, spunky, techy, tacky .... whatever anyone wants to believe, but in the end, at least some get it

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #470
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal66 View Post
but you might drive it and be disappointed with the power?? remembering that HSVs and SS seem too lose a lot of power via driveline and the 430kw at the fly wheel might only be 340rwkw?? HSVs and V8 SS are proof of this. just have too look on youtube for proof of this. that's why I don't see what the big deal is about it for less money you could get a F6 or GT tuned and would have more power or if you could buy an E2 play with it a little and get more power and it would still work out cheaper. if you want power there are cheaper ways of doing it then buying a new GTS
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #471
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I think ill just kick back and enjoy what my kids will probably never get to experience in their lifetime.... two very iconic aussie built cars / platforms duking it out where HPand v8's are king.

lets all just agree that in this day and age we are spoilt rotten for choice when it comes these locally made monstors
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
8 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 12:32 AM   #472
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa_spec_F6 View Post
I think ill just kick back and enjoy what my kids will probably never get to experience in their lifetime.... two very iconic aussie built cars / platforms duking it out where HPand v8's are king.

lets all just agree that in this day and age we are spoilt rotten for choice when it comes these locally made monstors
we actually are quiet lucky too witness this. I hope it never ends but I reckon it will eventually. maybe not 2016 but it will end. either the manufactures will go or the "fun police" will stop them
Old 18-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #473
sleek7

Looks OK, great specs on in, the rear end will need some getting used to that's for sure. Almost like an ugly child that only a mother can love...
Although I definitely wouldn't knock one back if I won it or got one very cheap, if I had ~$100k to spend on a car I would be looking else where.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #474
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildrider View Post
but you might drive it and be disappointed with the power?? remembering that HSVs and SS seem too lose a lot of power via driveline and the 430kw at the fly wheel might only be 340rwkw?? HSVs and V8 SS are proof of this. just have too look on youtube for proof of this. that's why I don't see what the big deal is about it for less money you could get a F6 or GT tuned and would have more power or if you could buy an E2 play with it a little and get more power and it would still work out cheaper. if you want power there are cheaper ways of doing it then buying a new GTS
Fine if you are all about POWARRRR!

From what I am reading, those that are tempted or are giving respect are not swayed purely on maximum power and torque alone, but are swayed by that often used term 'total package' including all the different coolers, 9.9" diff, massive stoppers, suspension, etc - which as has also been mentioned many times, has not been tested, and there are no real world figures (yet) for a direct comparison to see if it delivers what it promises.

Until then, all anyone can go on is the spec sheet, which at this stage is quite impressive (bar price) if you do more than just traffic light drags or 1/4 miles - and even then it may still prove impressive at the drags or from green to the next red - or not, as it is yet to be seen if this will deliver the promised superior cornering, braking, and longevity of spirited driving - and as much as all those specs are mega, so is the price.

So yeah, it is possible they may not be as impressed with the power, but may be blown away with the handling, stopping, and ability to take sustained abuse - then also enjoy the gadgets when stuck in their daily commute.

Really is a matter of time - or some tests that deliver times - and then those into no more than power and straight lines can compare dyno figures and 1/4 mile times, and those that are in to spirited driving around a circuit or their favourite bit of black top can assess its suitability and possible superiority (or not).

Won't be long before we know if this horse suits our preferred course, whatever course that may be.

And despite the lettuce, tomato and special sauce - still not available in Country Pack
3 users like this post:
Old 18-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #475
BigKerp79
Starter Motor

I wouldn't write it off yet. That engine does really well in the chevs.
Old 18-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #476
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Fine if you are all about POWARRRR!

From what I am reading, those that are tempted or are giving respect are not swayed purely on maximum power and torque alone, but are swayed by that often used term 'total package' including all the different coolers, 9.9" diff, massive stoppers, suspension, etc - which as has also been mentioned many times, has not been tested, and there are no real world figures (yet) for a direct comparison to see if it delivers what it promises.

Until then, all anyone can go on is the spec sheet, which at this stage is quite impressive (bar price) if you do more than just traffic light drags or 1/4 miles - and even then it may still prove impressive at the drags or from green to the next red - or not, as it is yet to be seen if this will deliver the promised superior cornering, braking, and longevity of spirited driving - and as much as all those specs are mega, so is the price.

So yeah, it is possible they may not be as impressed with the power, but may be blown away with the handling, stopping, and ability to take sustained abuse - then also enjoy the gadgets when stuck in their daily commute.

Really is a matter of time - or some tests that deliver times - and then those into no more than power and straight lines can compare dyno figures and 1/4 mile times, and those that are in to spirited driving around a circuit or their favourite bit of black top can assess its suitability and possible superiority (or not).

Won't be long before we know if this horse suits our preferred course, whatever course that may be.

And despite the lettuce, tomato and special sauce - still not available in Country Pack
I agree but it doesn't stop some of the holden fan brigade and media bragging about its POWARRRR! claims plus the fact that some people think that because it has 430kw that FPV has nothing over that. power isn't everything but when I read someone say they want to buy a new GTS because of its power you have too wonder and the fact they love the power of a car they haven't yet driven makes me laugh. I personally cant wait too see the comparisons and also against the European luxury 4 doors seeing HSV think there on par with them

http://www.caradvice.com.au/231042/h...5-rs6-e63-amg/
Old 18-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #477
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKerp79 View Post
I wouldn't write it off yet. That engine does really well in the chevs.
its not the engine i'm writing off its the known fact of power loss through the driveline i'm writing off
Old 18-05-2013, 02:55 AM   #478
BEN189
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, what a car, probably best bang for your buck car of all time with everything you get with it. I've always said I wouldn't spend $80-$100k on a falcon or a commodore but looking at this GTS I may change my opinion. Will FPV respond? I highly doubt it.

350rwkw with Rapid cooler, Herrod CAI, Deka 80lb injectors, full xforce 3.5" exhaust, actuator.
Old 18-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #479
BigKerp79
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN189 View Post
Wow, what a car, probably best bang for your buck car of all time with everything you get with it. I've always said I wouldn't spend $80-$100k on a falcon or a commodore but looking at this GTS I may change my opinion. Will FPV respond? I highly doubt it.
Yeah I reckon that ford may lose a few of the faithful to the enemy.
Old 18-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #480
burnz
VFII SS UTE

where is it written 100+K price tag?

yet I hear 88~95k plus on roads.
Closed Thread