Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #331
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: Crypto $$$

FYI peeps BTCMarkets just tweeted that they are accepting deposits via BPay of below their minimun $500 limit at the moment if that helps anyone out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #332
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATAL View Post
Double up...
Was that a double-post, or buying advice?

Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2018, 04:20 PM   #333
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Was that a double-post, or buying advice?

Lol. It probably would be a safe bet with ripple anyway.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 03-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #334
Lunch
Wait, what?

So close to X3
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2018, 08:33 PM   #335
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
So close to X3

I don’t want to hear it. I would be over x3 if I didn’t have to wait for that ****ing verification letter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2018, 08:35 PM   #336
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
I don’t want to hear it. I would be over x3 if I didn’t have to wait for that ****ing verification letter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Enigma was the one to buy, currently trading at $8, just over a week ago it was just over $1, some people have made enormous money of Enigma.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #337
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Cordana or whatever it is called is smashing it as well.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 03-01-2018, 08:43 PM   #338
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I knew Enigma would explode, I took a screenshot when it was low, its volume release is very low and is supposed to use technology not matched by any of the other Alt coins, was very attractive.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #339
EB-92
Plus Buster

Been in the game for a number of years now. My 2c.
NEO will be the saviour.
Be very careful with ripple, i have every reason to believe that the big guys at the bottom will pull the slate. Not to mention every crypto hierarchy and investor want it to fail, it will be the demise to decentralisation.
POWR is in its nappies still and has a very very strong and bright future, its a super wise investment.
Ethos will put an end to coinbase and all those other ****box fiat currency converters.
Keep a close eye on privacy coins like pivx, Monero, dash and zcash. Since BTC lost its anonymity privacy coins have made fierce traction
Pay attention to Japanese coins like NEM/XEM etc.
ARK is one of a kind and highly necessary to the market, or the entire realm of crypto. It is probably one of the smartest investments anyone can make.
ETN is another to watchlist. Its been steady lately but once they get the ball rolling and console gamers take onto it, big rises to come!.

For the miners in the group. Vertcoin. Been the most profitable for me currently vs a number of others, inc nicehash!.

My only REAL advice i can give is be VERY weary on BTC as an investment. Its living on borrowed time as it is and once something else begins to take the spotlight it will either pull back hard or go static for good.
EB-92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #340
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-92 View Post
NEO will be the saviour.
Be very careful with ripple, i have every reason to believe that the big guys at the bottom will pull the slate. Not to mention every crypto hierarchy and investor want it to fail, it will be the demise to decentralisation.
POWR is in its nappies still and has a very very strong and bright future, its a super wise investment.
Ethos will put an end to coinbase and all those other ****box fiat currency converters.
Keep a close eye on privacy coins like pivx, Monero, dash and zcash. Since BTC lost its anonymity privacy coins have made fierce traction
ARK is one of a kind and highly necessary to the market, or the entire realm of crypto. It is probably one of the smartest investments anyone can make.
ETN is another to watchlist. Its been steady lately but once they get the ball rolling and console gamers take onto it, big rises to come!.

For the miners in the group. Vertcoin. Been the most profitable for me currently vs a number of others, inc nicehash!.

My only REAL advice i can give is be VERY weary on BTC as an investment. Its living on borrowed time as it is and once something else begins to take the spotlight it will either pull back hard or go static for good.
Agree with a number of your points, the Japanese ones are a wise investment because the Asians are literally obsessed with Crypto Currency and I mean OBSESSED! That will push the price up.

And yeh don't invest in BitCoin, it looks like it may have peaked, it seems to hover around the $18,000-$22,000 mark, but its anyones guess which way it could go, it has stabilized because a lot of people who bought it don't want to lose out and sell now.

In saying all that though, ALL Crypto Currencies will fail, it will happen, its just to know when the market has peaked with that particular currency and GET OUT!! They will shed value dramatically, maybe some will hold on to their coins when the price may pick up eventually or there will be the ones who buy up when they crash and hold onto them.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #341
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully Ripple cools off tonight and lets some of the people on here who couldnt get their funds quick enough a chance to buy, if you use BTCMarkets you can set your price, do this before you go to bed because the price often cools off late at night when you are asleep and cant trade, that way BTCMarkets does the work for you. Hopefully for the buyers it cools off back to the $3.10 mark because I dont think it is going under $3.00 again for some time.
BTC Markets and CoinSpot have a lot to answer for the ones that missed out on the lower price.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 PM   #342
EB-92
Plus Buster

I do not believe all will but i do KNOW alot will. There are too many of each...speciality that all differ in technologies and capabilities. In the end there can only be one!!!.
Blockchain technology is inevitably to take over the world as the way we know it. It can do things our current systems can't let alone it can do what our systems can now but 1000x better, faster and more efficiently, not to mention in some cases FREE. So to sum it up better (im **** house with making points and arguments sometimes haha) crypto has to come to a point where there will be 1 to do 1 job.

My most stressed point is RIPPLE MUST FAIL. If it does not the whole war thats being waged by crypto to pull the power from centralisation and men of power will be all for nothing and that is the whole hidden agenda behind the currency side of things.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #343
EB-92
Plus Buster

The loss some have taken to ripple is minuscule to the ones who took to XVG. Difference is i warned thousands about XVG and only a hand full listened.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #344
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Ripple went great guns overnight and looks to be still going up. Just saw it tick over to $3.99!

Too bad I just sold the majority of my ripple last night for $3.57...

I thougt for sure it would dip overnight.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #345
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

$4.00

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 08:13 AM   #346
Lunch
Wait, what?

In and out Phatal? Thought you were in it for the long haul
Old 04-01-2018, 08:22 AM   #347
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
In and out Phatal? Thought you were in it for the long haul
That was the plan until I let the SO in on the secret.... much hillarity ensued......

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 08:40 AM   #348
Lunch
Wait, what?

The SO? Is that what you call ur missus?
Old 04-01-2018, 09:40 AM   #349
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
The SO? Is that what you call ur missus?
Yeah mate. Significant Other. Now she is asking questions and is interested. So sounds like I will be getting back in to it.....

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2018, 10:52 AM   #350
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cardano (ADA)
Old 04-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #351
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-92 View Post
NEO will be the saviour.

Here's a great buying guide website for crypto:

https://getcrypto.info/

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Last edited by NTF6; 04-01-2018 at 01:12 PM.
NTF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #352
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also Power Ledger POWR is looking like it is starting the crypto climb, it's gone from 88c USD to 2.01 USD in the last week.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #353
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

$4.19

I wonder if it will hit $5 today? Sounds crazy but the way it is going....

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 01:10 PM   #354
Lunch
Wait, what?

Yoo made a few $ though didn’t ya phatal?
Old 04-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #355
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
$4.19

I wonder if it will hit $5 today? Sounds crazy but the way it is going....

Yeah the bloody thing is flying, I'm still waiting for my Bpay to clear. Spewing!!!!!

I might invest in a different crypto now as I feel I've missed the boat on this one.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #356
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Yoo made a few $ though didn’t ya phatal?
Yeah mate. Will probably jump back in as well when I can.

I still have 90 XRP and sold 300 for just over $1,000. Initial investment of $500.

Not bad really for 12 days work.

I just need to be careful that I dont get hooked on this stuff...

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 01:15 PM   #357
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Yeah the bloody thing is flying, I'm still waiting for my Bpay to clear. Spewing!!!!!

I might invest in a different crypto now as I feel I've missed the boat on this one.
Try Cordana maybe? You cant buy it on btcmarket though.

EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Old 04-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #358
40RDT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I can relate...I have been waiting for a verification letter from BTC since the 21st of Dec, back when ripple was about $1
Old 04-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #359
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Try Cordana maybe? You cant buy it on btcmarket though.
Yeah, Ark or Cordana, the guide above explains very well how to buy them.

I also didn't realise but there are 1385 crypto currencies.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #360
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also, can someone tell me the best way to transfer Bitcoins from one person to another?