Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default No warning lights?

So a while ago I got a replacement ABS unit for my AU as the ABS warning light and traction control lights were on constantly. New module fixed it.

Anyway, last night (wet weather) I needed to brake quite hard. The wheels just locked up! No ABS kicking back at all!

Finished my journey and found a quiet back street to "test" the ABS again, still nothing, wheels locked up again...

ABS and traction control are the same unit on AU2 Fairmont, so from a standing position I planted my foot on the GO pedal to lose traction slightly and traction control kicked straight in and cut power.

Tested ABS again, still nothing. No warning light, nothing... ?

Anyone experienced this?

macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: No warning lights?

Could be one of the Front wheel sensors, they can do what you are describing.
They are available new from a Ford dealer $102.00 each one.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
philfree

Default Re: No warning lights?

yer maybe get some one with a computer to just check for codes from the module and also see if they can get a data stream from the module that should tell you where the problem is maybe also check brake lights maybe the module does not know you are braking so it does not look for locking up wheels etc.
philfree is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post