Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2023, 09:05 AM   #1
HONK
*Honker*

Default Low mileage unfixed vs High mileage fixed

Would you people rather buy a car with 300,000kms on it that has all new suspension, tyres, brakes, belts, pulleys, etc, etc

Over a car with 180,000kms that has had nothing fixed, where everything is just about to start breaking?

Let's use an FG ZF XR6 as an example.

Paint and interior in same condition.

Curious.

Last edited by HONK; 16-09-2023 at 09:11 AM.
HONK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2023, 02:01 PM   #2
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 
Default Re: Low mileage unfixed vs High mileage fixed

If same Price I'd buy the unfixed one...then fix it and KNOW it was done properly by me.
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2023, 07:34 PM   #3
HONK
*Honker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastel View Post
If same Price I'd buy the unfixed one...then fix it and KNOW it was done properly by me.

Fair.
HONK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2023, 11:14 AM   #4
rare ss
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agree with Jastel
FGII FPV F6 #406
BFII FPV F6 Typhoon R Spec #118
VK HDT Group A/Group 3 #3249
rare ss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2023, 04:19 PM   #5
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

I’d rather the low Km one.
It would be rare a 300,000km Falcon felt fresh. A Honda maybe but a falcon with those km will feel flogged out in a lot of little areas like seats, hvac, door hinges, windows etc.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post