Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 29-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
f6 boss

Default Help with rda dimple+slotted

Hello I am just after a quick second opinion regarding weird noise issues with the rda dimple and slotted disks for 355mm 4 piston brembo. When the car is jacked up and I spin the wheel I hear a wierd noise like a bearing type. It's very very noticeable in a tunnel driving or next to a wall. I put my old brembo disks on there and it's gone. I was told by the seller all rda dimple slotted disks make a bearing type noise but after about 3 months it quites down. Being in the business would you agree or is the seller taking me for a ride? What would contribute for the noise of this type just by spinning the wheel while jacked up?

Old 29-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
BOSSEGO
FG XR8
Donating Member3

Default Re: Help with rda dimple+slotted

Mate I had the same brand rotors on my fg xr8 sedan. GET RID OF THEM is all can say. The first set I bought were the passivated gold coated ones and I had same issue, they weren't machined true on the face that bolts against the hubs. it took me 4 different brakes shops to finally diagnose that, I contacted RDA about issues and they sent me another set same problem but not as bad. I eventually went and bought some DBA T3 rotors have not had a problem since fitting them. I think RDA's quality control bloke must have been on holidays when the 2 sets I bought were made.
BOSSEGO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Sorry for the delay but noise like that can happen and sometimes it will go away in time when they bed in or you may be stuck with it like my own car is (non rda) . Most people only relize the noise when they go through a tunnel or past a concrete barrier where the noise bounces off the surfaces. The noise is generally just the pad passing over the slots or dimples.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #4
f6 boss

Rda have clarified to noise is normal, it's the width of the slots. Do the club spec t3 have any noises
Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6 boss View Post
Rda have clarified to noise is normal, it's the width of the slots. Do the club spec t3 have any noises
Most slotted or xdrilled rotors will have some noise issues. The DBA T3 slotted have reduced any noise issues by the way they run the slots but i can't say 100% that they are noise free sorry.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
ivorya
Mad Scientist!

Most of the new rotors are unilaterial however the RDA's Dimpled/slotted aren't.

A braking question. What's the issue here if you don't install the direction correctly?

I've read you'll maybe hear a clicking noise as the slot hits the pad and drives it up but is there anything else?
ivorya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorya View Post
Most of the new rotors are unilaterial however the RDA's Dimpled/slotted aren't.

A braking question. What's the issue here if you don't install the direction correctly?

I've read you'll maybe hear a clicking noise as the slot hits the pad and drives it up but is there anything else?
Noise yes but no real issues unless the rotors are vented for left and right handed use.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 03-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
f6 boss

I hear so much clicking noise with my rda is not funny. The direction is the right way too.