Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-03-2022, 04:54 PM   #1
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Forscan FORscan Licenses and Support Suspended Due to Russian Ukrainan War

See https://forscan.org/
Quote:
What's new in FORScan

March 04, 2022 - Suspending Extended License sales

Due to sanctions against Russian banks and unability to transfer funds, we have to suspend selling Extended Licenses.

Also https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threa...spended.38723/ etc.

Sad but understandable give its creator was Russian,
Old 20-03-2022, 05:04 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Forscan FORscan Licenses and Support Suspended Due to Russian Ukrainan War

I guess we now might worry that they'll introduce some code that will damage or immobilise our vehicles. What is the best alternative software given the choice between trusting either the Russians or our local Ford dealer might create a quandary for some.

Last edited by aussiblue; 20-03-2022 at 05:10 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2022, 05:39 PM   #3
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: Forscan FORscan Licenses and Support Suspended Due to Russian Ukrainan War

I had asked about this near the end of Feb:

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...&postcount=676

jakka351 said he heard they were Ukrainian.

I cracked their software some time ago, mostly for fun, but it came in handy so I could run my license on the main PC here on the work-bench rather than use my laptop, which is the one registered, for use in the car...

Certainly wasn't going to publish anything once I heard they might be Ukrainian, but if they're Russian then I couldn't care less to be honest.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2022, 08:58 PM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

So that where I heard they were Ukrainian. But it is clear from other sources on the Internet that the creator is Russian.
Old 20-03-2022, 09:16 PM   #5
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

This is the man:

https://www.appbrain.com/dev/Alex+Savin/
Quote:
Alex Savin
Summary
Alex Savin is an Android developer that has been active since 2015 and has one app (FORScan Lite) in Google Play. FORScan Lite is listed in the category "Tools". It is highly ranked in several countries, and is also one of the more popular apps in Google Play with more than 100 thousand installs.

Last edited by aussiblue; 20-03-2022 at 09:37 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2022, 10:33 PM   #6
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quick question:
Forscan was originally a windows program, was that done by another programmer?
I know they only brought in android/apple devs in later because they were constnatly asked to do so, and whoever developed the app charges money but the o/g forscan for windows was free for an unlicenced version.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2022, 10:41 PM   #7
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

good thing i renewed my license for Forscan recently
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-03-2022, 11:41 PM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
I cracked their software some time ago
Now you need to hack their payment gateway so it funds the Ukrainian defence.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2022, 12:02 AM   #9
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Quote:
In fairness the creator of Forscan, Alexai Savin (see https://www.appbrain.com/dev/Alex+Savin/ ), may be one of the anti-war protestors sticking their necks out in his home town of Tomsk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZHlOsvJcKw Given Tomsk's proximity to the Siberian Gulags it takes considerable courage.
Old 21-03-2022, 08:17 PM   #10
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
If only I could CB. Besides, they're not taking any payments until well after all of this is over. Speaking of which.. it would certainly suit Savin to protest, given he is now effectively unemployed, or only earning worthless Roubles. Good on him if he is, for that reason OR because it's what I think would be the right thing to do.

But, until the majority of the country is hurting badly, the leader (there are better words for what he is) is not going to feel the hurt. And every little thing done helps, I reckon. I've cleaned up the hack today. It's not a precise science though, there are different levels of "what a PC is" and I dumbed this down - since the laptop with my license doesn't have all the disk driver API functions my other PCs have...

This means, all PCs would show the unique machine ID that my laptop has, but many PCs will end up with a different ID to what they would normally have (since I bypassed the sophisticated APIs, with the error code my laptop produces). This just means if your current license is from a sophisticated ID you will need to apply for another "free 2 month" one. My hack time-locks it, and bypasses the "version release date after license expiry" check. Not that I think there's going to be anything new soon, but your license may be old and you can run my program with the clock set way back when..

Attached .txt file is a .zip (rename it). Run the program on the machine with an active license and it'll create a .cfg file. Run the program again, and it's time-locked on the machine when it spawns the real program - and my two files can be moved to another machine (install the same license file on that one) where it'll look like the first machine.

Maybe someone can "obtain" a bogus 2 month license to post up, along with their .cfg - I would post mine, but, you know, it's got my real name in it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt FORScam.txt (36.0 KB, 63 views)
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2022, 09:28 PM   #11
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Also see https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11495840 re apple blocking payment to Forscan.
Old 17-10-2022, 11:41 AM   #12
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Like many others, I have been using Forscan Lite and Forscan for windows to monitor and check my car for years, I have never had a licence for the fancy stuff, have never needed one.

So, is it still safe for us to use it for the simple stuff, such as monitoring and checking for codes etc?

The Forscan Forum is still up and running,

https://forscan.org/forum/viewforum....de02c09b7779aa

2007 BFII Fairmont Ghia I6 4L, ZF6 Auto, Ego Charcoal, Warm Charcoal.

R/Up 2019:Winner 2023:, Best BA-BF Geelong AFD.

PWR Air/Oil Cooler, K&N, Egas elbow, V8 upper F6 lower CAI.

1997 Fairmont EL Ghia Tickford 4L Auto
1985 Falcon XF GL 4.1L Auto.
1979 Fairmont XD Ghia 4.1L Auto.
1971 Cortina GL Estate 1200cc Manual.
BFIIGhiaZF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2022, 02:40 PM   #13
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

I don't think we have anything to fear from the Forscan writers or people themselves but the risk however slight exists that Putin and his cronies could force them to embed some code tin a revised version or links to the site that disables or corrupts various vehicle features than can be switched off with software.
Old 17-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #14
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
I don't think we have anything to fear from the Forscan writers or people themselves but the risk however slight exists that Putin and his cronies could force them to embed some code tin a revised version or links to the site that disables or corrupts various vehicle features than can be switched off with software.
If you already got existing software that is not going to happen and i would doubt it would happen with new updates if any.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-10-2022, 04:56 PM   #15
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the app itself restricted or just apple and google (and banks?) not issuing payment to the developer for the license keys?

Surely the developer can temporarily change ownership to a friend in a "friendly" country temporarily?

Telegram was developed by a Russian, yet the Ukranian army and even the president himself, uses it for communication However I think the Telegram developer may have "defected" a while ago.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-09-2023, 02:32 AM   #16
NER11
Starter Motor

thanks for sharing your program, so this is what i did..

rename it

Run the program (ADMIN Mode) on the machine with an active license and it'll it created the the .cfg file.

Run the program again, and it opened the Forscan but the time expiry date is still 2 months, is that correct or will it still expire, or does your program allow the usage passed the expiry date please?
NER11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2023, 03:07 AM   #17
Jon1796
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
If only I could CB. Besides, they're not taking any payments until well after all of this is over. Speaking of which.. it would certainly suit Savin to protest, given he is now effectively unemployed, or only earning worthless Roubles. Good on him if he is, for that reason OR because it's what I think would be the right thing to do.

But, until the majority of the country is hurting badly, the leader (there are better words for what he is) is not going to feel the hurt. And every little thing done helps, I reckon. I've cleaned up the hack today. It's not a precise science though, there are different levels of "what a PC is" and I dumbed this down - since the laptop with my license doesn't have all the disk driver API functions my other PCs have...

This means, all PCs would show the unique machine ID that my laptop has, but many PCs will end up with a different ID to what they would normally have (since I bypassed the sophisticated APIs, with the error code my laptop produces). This just means if your current license is from a sophisticated ID you will need to apply for another "free 2 month" one. My hack time-locks it, and bypasses the "version release date after license expiry" check. Not that I think there's going to be anything new soon, but your license may be old and you can run my program with the clock set way back when..

Attached .txt file is a .zip (rename it). Run the program on the machine with an active license and it'll create a .cfg file. Run the program again, and it's time-locked on the machine when it spawns the real program - and my two files can be moved to another machine (install the same license file on that one) where it'll look like the first machine.

Maybe someone can "obtain" a bogus 2 month license to post up, along with their .cfg - I would post mine, but, you know, it's got my real name in it.
new to this could someone explian how to do this as not very good with tec...
Jon1796 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post