Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2023, 02:57 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Interstate ute buying

Am sure I posted something similar around 6+ years ago. Living in country town 800k away from Adelaide and having a specific list of the car/ute you want can be daunting.

Give me all the advice/traps on buying interstate please.
dealer/private
crash repaired
finance
warranties
etc etc
Old 09-10-2023, 09:24 PM   #2
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Interstate ute buying

Depends what the car value is I reckon.

I wouldn't put any worth on warranties, unless it's a factory warranty and there is a dealer near you. Otherwise you will spend more time/money towing the car back and forth and the issue is not a warranty item then you're out of pocket.

Go with your gut. If there is something "off" about a car then don't get it, especially if you can't see it in the flesh.

If someone is inspecting it for you make sure you're on the same page regarding condition. 2 years ago a mate's cousin checked out a Valiant Charger interstate and said it was in excellent condition for it's age (and he was a car guy). Mate bought it and when it was delivered it was average condition at best, scratches, small dents etc. Overall it was tidy but definitely not excellent.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-10-2023, 09:27 PM   #3
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Interstate ute buying

I'd be looking at cars from NSW as they have some form of yearly RWC.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: