Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #1
FoureverFord
Starter Motor

Unhappy ST170, Duratec or Zetec + Timing belt

Hi one & all, is there anyone amongst you brainiacs who knows these cars well. I am about to change the timing belt next weekend. I have bought all required parts, just waiting on new rocker cover gasket as I went to change plugs & found oil leaking around plug holes. I have bought a Dayco kit (KTBA078P) with w/pump. I was just looking at the box & noticed the label said to suit a Zetec 1.8/2.0. I have always been under the impression my motor is a Duratec, it even says so on top of the engine. Did some more research on how to tell if the motor is Zetec or Duratec, I find a statement that says Duratec motors have the exhaust manifold next to firewall, Zetecs are the opposite. Is this true, I am becoming very confused, I don't want to start on this Timing belt & find I have the wrong parts. This is my dayly driver as well, so I need it to get to work. PS..Is anyone familiar with the IMRC cable coming off & how to fix it permanently ?
FoureverFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: ST170, Duratec or Zetec + Timing belt

To clarify.

Your ST170 has a 2.0L Duratec ST engine which is based on the 2.0L Zetec-E engine. We have the Workshop Manual in our technical portal so have a read of Section 303-01D which deals with the differences between the Duratec ST and Zetec-E.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-04-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
FoureverFord
Starter Motor

thank you Russell
FoureverFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
scoupedy