Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #271
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 
Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

^ I want to thank more than once so true mate such a shame to see the muppets behind such an awesome car and them being such a bunch of **** heads to deal with every time. Seriously the ford warranties arent worth the paper they are written on cause at the end of the day some idiot ford apprentice wont do the job properly and will leave greasy finger prints everywhere.

(NB: Im an apprentice but dont work at dealership )
4 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #272
Bosko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ben,
With things heating up on this thread towards Ford, this will not be good for you so maybe this thread should be locked!

If you can't negotiate a resolution with the Dealership which you purchased the vehicle from of Ford Australia, just have it fixed and move on. Going to Court will cost a lot more and could go either way, more likely with Ford.

It's happened and you can't change it, get it fixed and start enjoying your car again that's why you bought it in the first place.

Previous
1973 XB GT Coupe 351 4V, 4spd Top Loader and 9" Diff
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #273
99AUXR
Brad

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
Ben,
With things heating up on this thread towards Ford, this will not be good for you so maybe this thread should be locked!

If you can't negotiate a resolution with the Dealership which you purchased the vehicle from of Ford Australia, just have it fixed and move on. Going to Court will cost a lot more and could go either way, more likely with Ford.

It's happened and you can't change it, get it fixed and start enjoying your car again that's why you bought it in the first place.
This is what I would be doing, all other options sound great but allot of hassle and too much risk.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #274
Bosko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Priceless!
2nd that! ****ed myself laughing, well said!

Previous
1973 XB GT Coupe 351 4V, 4spd Top Loader and 9" Diff
Old 27-04-2015, 10:32 PM   #275
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK30RB View Post
I don't think this is just an isolated issue with the OP's FGX XR8. Lets face it i bet most people here have had a warranty claim denied or argued by Ford on any Falcon.

I know in the last 20 years owning, 8 new falcons, (amongst many other brands) pretty much all of them had warranty issues denied, but were fixed after some "Discussions". Its just the way Ford run their service department.

Everything is either "They all do that" or "Denied". If you push the point they will have no choice but to fix the car.

This is coming from someone who has had 2 vehicles from 2 different manufacturers in the last 10 years replaced with a complete new vehicle under warranty.

My advise (from experience) - go after the dealer. Your transaction is with them, you paid for a new vehicle with warranty. They are obligated to provide that warranty, then claim their costs from Ford.
Any wonder sales are in the ****?
Old 27-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #276
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
I expect that you too will be salting fries for a living before you know it
I need them at Gisborne Maccas, the last 5 times I've copped maccas chips with no salt on them, tastes like cardboard man.
2 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 10:41 PM   #277
JG33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
hope the dirty dog working at Ford who reported OP is still reading this.....

choke on a big bag of d1ck5 you pile of 5h17

your company makes awesome local cars, but almost everyone else in the supply and service chain is a disgrace to this once proud but now all but defunct brand

I expect that you too will be salting fries for a living before you know it

congratulations for running an Australian icon into the ground

Better still, make it known to everyone to avoid that dealership like the plague. Let's see if loss of sales was all worth it for them.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:42 PM   #278
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I need them at Gisborne Maccas, the last 5 times I've copped maccas chips with no salt on them, tastes like cardboard man.
Serves you right, they aren't even chips, fat sticks more like it
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 10:44 PM   #279
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
So where is the official publication from Ford Australia stating quarter mile times ?.
They still launched the car at a RACE TRACK and invited people to be there.

Whats worse on a car, a lap around a track or going straight for 400M asking everything it has?
Old 27-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #280
nt0351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
They are still owned by Ford so no doubt they fix them and send them off again. They doubtless consider any damage and attrition from magazine road testing part of their marketing costs.
they usually get sold at salvage auctions,.. with no warranty entitlements & not to be registered .
Old 27-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #281
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG33 View Post
Better still, make it known to everyone to avoid that dealership like the plague. Let's see if loss of sales was all worth it for them.
They clearly don't care, I wouldn't be naming and shaming until it gets sorted one way or another. I also wont be shaming my dealer until my issue has been sorted one way or another. I want it over soon as media love a story about icon cars not doing what they claim or being fit for purpose but I aint going there without a bag full of facts .Especially with all the press car company's are going to get over the next year or two some one is bound to pick up on a well organized and well laid out complaint that clearly shows distain for customers. The best plan is to construct a case without emotion just the facts and evidence, keep it plain and simple and make your point by using the correct means but by all means use every option available to you in this process.Keep notes of all phone calls,dates times employee number,all E-mails and written correspondence .I have
Old 27-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #282
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt0351 View Post
they usually get sold at salvage auctions,.. with no warranty entitlements & not to be registered .
No not true. Only preproduction builds get crushed. All Ford demo / press cars are sold via dealer only auctions with balance of Ford warranty. It's obviously at Fords discretion what they do to them prior to sale but I know the media / FPV cars get a good going over before they are farmed out to dealers.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 11:36 PM   #283
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
I'm surprised at the number of Ford apologists in this forum. A guy uses his car in a lawful manner, the vehicle incurs a manufacturing defect later on, Ford attempt to deny warranty, and some of you are backing Ford. What a strange bunch......
Because this is a FORD forum???

And because some of us have the common sense not to do anything that can risk voiding the warranty while said car is still under a warranty.

I'm sick of the Ford bashing. With 'fans' like these, who needs enemies? Ford have done nothing that is against their warranty policy or that other manufacturers wouldn't have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
I hope Ford change the drive modes on the upcoming Mustang.

Maybe it should be "normal”, “snow/wet”, “sport”, and "shopping".
Very funny, but it should be pointed out that nothing is stopping people from taking their performance Fords to the race track, it's just that doing so will be at the owner's own risk. That has been made explicitly clear under Ford's warranty policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
To be frank I don't care what the manufacturers warranty stipulates, the product has to be fit for purpose and comply with consumer laws.
The product has to be fit for purpose in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law. But show me where in the ACL it states that the consumer guarantees continue to apply if the consumer misused the product.

Secondly, the manufacturer's warranty is part of the contract between the manufacturer and the owner. To the extent that it is not inconsistent with the ACL, it applies and Ford have the legal discretion to void the warranty if the consumer used the product in a manner expressly stipulated as that which may void the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully6 View Post
It's like me buying a new TV, and the manufacturer states in the warranty manual that you're not covered if you use the TV to watch movies. What's the point of buying it then?! The XR8 has a supercharger for a reason boys
I think it's more like the warranty not being applicable when the owner decides that the shower is a brilliant place to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Expert fees will be some $4,000 plus/minus. Your legal fees including barrister costs will be some $12,000 to $18,000.

If you run in a court and loose you will be up for other sides costs.
Then there's court fees which, depending on the length of the trial and the court in which it is held, whether video-conferencing or tele-conferencing is used, can in some cases be around $5,000 to $7,000.

And even if you win and have a costs order in your favour, you will still be out of pocket several grand. If you win, as a general rule, you'll only be able to recover approximately 60% to 70% of what you have to pay the lawyer.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)

Last edited by NX74205; 27-04-2015 at 11:43 PM.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:48 PM   #284
tlub

loud pipes just like to clarify that the blue meanie is only in my possession ,I don't really know really who makes them nor do I care . I bleed blue not red.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #285
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post
Because this is a FORD forum???

And because some of us have the common sense not to do anything that can risk voiding the warranty while said car is still under a warranty.

I'm sick of the Ford bashing. With 'fans' like these, who needs enemies? Ford have done nothing that is against their warranty policy or that other manufacturers wouldn't have done.

Very funny, but it should be pointed out that nothing is stopping people from taking their performance Fords to the race track, it's just that doing so will be at the owner's own risk. That has been made explicitly clear under Ford's warranty policy.

The product has to be fit for purpose in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law. But show me where in the ACL it states that the consumer guarantees continue to apply if the consumer misused the product.

Secondly, the manufacturer's warranty is part of the contract between the manufacturer and the owner. To the extent that it is not inconsistent with the ACL, it applies and Ford have the legal discretion to void the warranty if the consumer used the product in a manner expressly stipulated as that which may void the warranty.

I think it's more like the warranty not being applicable when the owner decides that the shower is a brilliant place to install it.

Then there's court fees which, depending on the length of the trial and the court in which it is held, whether video-conferencing or tele-conferencing is used, can in some cases be around $5,000 to $7,000.

And even if you win and have a costs order in your favour, you will still be out of pocket several grand. If you win, as a general rule, you'll only be able to recover approximately 60% to 70% of what you have to pay the lawyer.
Lol ok...
4 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2015, 11:58 PM   #286
kempy311
BEN

I have been reading the warranty manual over and over. I only have one book for warranty and this is what it says sorry for the bad quality pics.

My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #287
Trump
bitch lasagne

Whoever created (or proof read) the current warranty booklet needs to be shot. The definition of "misuse" in the context of the document is completely missing.
Old 28-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #288
99AUXR
Brad

There is the term misuse. . . . Very very vague and could be argued either way. They have failed to define misuse or give any examples.

If you really want you could seek a legal opinion and would have grounds to on that.
Old 28-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #289
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Ford should be only too happy to see the failure they created.

How many of us have pushed engines to the limit? Even beyond. But the still worked fine, for many years to come.
Old 28-04-2015, 12:23 AM   #290
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99AUXR View Post
There is the term misuse. . . . Very very vague and could be argued either way. They have failed to define misuse or give any examples.

If you really want you could seek a legal opinion and would have grounds to on that.
I believe it is deliberately written in such a manner to give Ford a greater discretion. Besides, it's not something that can possibly be defined with an all inclusive definition.
Old 28-04-2015, 12:24 AM   #291
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Much less stringent than I thought it would be.

Put in a formal complaint tomorrow with Ford Customer Care over the phone.

Start pushing it up the channels.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 12:27 AM   #292
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
Whoever created (or proof read) the current warranty booklet needs to be shot. The definition of "misuse" in the context of the document is completely missing.
Or conversely, kissed and paid a fortune for giving very wide wriggle room.

But not defining it can work both ways, because it will be interpreted in context of the product -which is a sports car.

Especially given that the law says that in terms of an exclusion clause, any ambiguity is to be read against the party who drafted the clause....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 28-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #293
99AUXR
Brad

Quote:
I believe it is deliberately written in such a manner to give Ford a greater discretion. Besides, it's not something that can possibly be defined with an all inclusive definition.
"Misuse. . .Including but not limited to motorsport" :/

Even if it gives ford more discretion it works the other way as well.
Old 28-04-2015, 12:33 AM   #294
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Much less stringent than I thought it would be.

Put in a formal complaint tomorrow with Ford Customer Care over the phone.

Start pushing it up the channels.
This was done on Thursday.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 12:45 AM   #295
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
But not defining it can work both ways, because it will be interpreted in context of the product -which is a sports car.
It is, in any event, a car, designed for the road, as a means of transporting up to 5 people and some luggage.

It is not a race car or a dragster.
Old 28-04-2015, 01:05 AM   #296
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It is, in any event, a car, designed for the road, as a means of transporting up to 5 people and some luggage.

It is not a race car or a dragster.
Never said misuse would be interpreted to not extend to racing or dragstrip. This is not the issue as those concepts are clearly and expressly excluded in any event.

What is in issue is if Ford tries to argue misuse as over revving or something like that (something less definite than for instance motorsport or doing that fishtailing sliding stuff whatever that "sport" is called-a yes drifting) when it is not obviously excluded the court will have to define misuse in context of the totality of the contract including the product- itself which is their hero sports car marketed as such.

The court will not expect the XR8 to be driven within the same parameters as a diesel 1.6 runabout- different products and what usage of those products will constitutes misuse will vary.

So-wriggle room for Ford, but also good for users if any ambiguity in the circumstances claimed to be misuse.

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 28-04-2015, 01:09 AM   #297
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn ... Farting in he driver's seat could come under misuse as well.
No one is safe.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 01:15 AM   #298
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Damn ... Farting in he driver's seat could come under misuse as well.
No one is safe.
Nah mate- never ambiguity with a fart - unless its yours

2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 01:32 AM   #299
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
If I knew I would let you know. But all that's has happened so far I'm pretty sure is the belt as been taken off and started and they have found there is no noise.
It will be the bearings, it's always the bearings.

I have fixed two Sprintex units in the last 18 months.

They aren't hard to repair...just bite the bullet and fix it.

There's stuff all in a supercharger...
3 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 01:49 AM   #300
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I wonder if 'Ford PR' still frequents the site?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Closed Thread