Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #331
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: My FGX XR8 denied warranty

Give it a crack anyway, don't take this **** lying down and if that fails run smear campaign against them in the media, same as the Jeep one.

I'm sure people who are considering buying the new Mustang would like to hear about this and same with some of our motoring journo's who like sticking the boot in at any given opportunity.
Old 28-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #332
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone mentioned earlier, but has the Dealer/Ford *written down* the reason why the claim has been denied?

From my experience in the workplace, when people are forced to document something they have been happy to argue about verbally, they realise they must be fully committed to follow through .. and often the resistance subsides.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #333
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

This isnt an FPV vehicle but it has the same drive train..... In fact it has the R Spec drive train.

On the old FPV site it lists the following benefits of GT ownership :

And for the true V8 enthusiast, the GT (in addition to its GT-P sibling) has a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) controlled active exhaust system to deliver:
  • Maximum V8 sound quality at idle and during car maneuvering and;
  • Maximum V8 muscle car sound quality during spirited driving
So what's the current accepted definition of "spirited driving" ? ( hooning ? )
I wonder how many warranty claims were passed with GT owners arguing that the car was driven in a spirited fashion and it then proceeded to drop its guts on the road........ Spirited driving !! Yes Sir - no problems at all - take a seat whilst we replace your engine and trans.....wont be a minute...

Even more references to unleashing ALL the power on the FPV site

http://www.fpv.com.au/gt_showroom/le_gt_f
Making sure all that power gets to the road as efficiently and instantly as possible is your choice of a slick Tremec 6-speed manual gearbox or the world-renowned ZF 6-speed automatic transmission with Sequential Sports Shift.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 28-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #334
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

You'd need legal advice on this, but maybe Kempy should check out the "official FPV" video's on youtube.

Have a look at the way they promote the cars & even Will Davidson's video of GT Rspec Launch control.

I'm pretty sure implied use & implied fit for purpose may legally come into this on Kempy's side.

Even if they don't specifically say it straight up, they imply (with their advertising & promotions) that these cars can be & are designed to be used on the racetrack or driven very hard.

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialFPV/featured

Last edited by cobramania; 28-04-2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Thought of something extra.
Old 28-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #335
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
I wonder if 'Ford PR' still frequents the site?
What I find most annoying that there are Ford spies looking at forums to dodge warranty claims but after all this time still can't manage to engineer fixes for diff bushes, heater shafts, transmission coolers and audio white noise to name a few.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #336
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo77 View Post
What I find most annoying that there are Ford spies looking at forums to dodge warranty claims but after all this time still can't manage to engineer fixes for diff bushes, heater shafts, transmission coolers and audio white noise to name a few.
because that costs them money.......
The object of voiding warranty is cost avoidance - those weasels probably get a bonus in their paypacket for their YOU TUBE and Internet investigation SKILLZ.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #337
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
Ford CRC has pretty much washed there hands of it. She said in the notes that it was raced and then pictured leaving on a tow truck hahahahah
Well if they have the information in notes, ask for a copy of the notes and information they have, especially the picture of the car leaving the track on a tow truck.

http://www.ford.com.au/privacy#policy2

Section 13

Go back to the dealer and request for a formal letter that they are refusing your claim, saying oh its not covered because you were at a drag strip, is not a good enough reason.

Also request the report on what they did and what they have actual diagnosed the problem to be with your car.

If Ford will not provide you with the correct and formal denial letter, go talk with the ACCC and advise them they are refusing to fix your car without giving you a real reason for denial. Let them know you have asked for a letter but they refused to give you one.
Old 28-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #338
WHYME
Next up?

So Kempy, what are your plans now mate? I understand if you prefer not to spill your guts on this public forum... but man I feel for you.

Old 28-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #339
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
It will be the bearings, it's always the bearings.

I have fixed two Sprintex units in the last 18 months.

They aren't hard to repair...just bite the bullet and fix it.

There's stuff all in a supercharger...
Would you have a guestimate on the cost of repair?
it may not be all that much..
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 28-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #340
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Big companys are very slow to react as far as consumer anger is concerned.By the time they realize that there losing business it is already to late and there customers current and future have already gone and will not return.I have a Thing called a Black ban list once some one screws me over there on that list and I NEVER NEVER NEVER recommend or purchase stuff from them again.
Of course there is the niggling fact that you have to consider what percentage of drivers would ever even think of using their car for "competition use" much less stick it on a drag strip. Hell, people hardly even bother to look under the bonnet these days when they buy a car. As I've said before, when we bought the G6E the dealer was surprised I wanted to look under the bonnet...he reckoned I was about the first buyer in months who had even asked to see under there. I would lay money that the people who buy things like the new GT's only drive them on special days or possibly just as a normal car. It would be down in the very low single figures the percentage of drivers who would ever dare "abuse" one by dragging it.

Face it...people buy them now for their looks or style, the cache of driving a limited edition car, possibly an investment, but competition? Come on...
Old 28-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #341
kempy311
BEN

This is what came from the dealer. Ford CRC are sending a official document by snail mail for the reason of denial.

My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 28-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #342
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully6 View Post
So Kempy, what are your plans now mate? I understand if you prefer not to spill your guts on this public forum... but man I feel for you.
It will most likely be taken further.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 28-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #343
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Unjustified flash ??
So it WAS tuned ?
You mentioned it was not tuned at all.....

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 28-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #344
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Unjustified flash ??
So it WAS tuned ?
You mentioned it was not tuned at all.....
NO TUNE. When they say flash I believe they are talking about WOT for a certain time but I'm not really sure.
331rwkw.

Old 28-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #345
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Nope has been on a truck 3 times now. Home after it died in the city, to the dealership and back home from the dealership.
Does it drive at all without the blower spinning? ie, as a temp fix, could you fit a shorter belt and bypass the charger?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 28-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #346
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
Does it drive at all without the blower spinning? ie, as a temp fix, could you fit a shorter belt and bypass the charger?
Problem is I'm not sure if the blower is throwing bits of metal into the engine.
331rwkw.

2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #347
Sprint347
Tickford

Quote:
NO TUNE. When they say flash I believe they are talking about WOT for a certain time but I'm not really sure.
'Unjustified flash to PCM' means somewhere/somehow the factory tune/calibration was changed in some way.

Has the car been tuned at some stage (even if the factory tune was reloaded)?
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Old 28-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #348
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Wow

So as per the recommendation on the FPV website, you made sure all that power got to the road as efficiently and as instantly as possible in your choice of the ZF 6 speed automatic and this has registered as an unjustified Flash in the PCM.

This is getting more and more interesting.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Old 28-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #349
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint347 View Post
'Unjustified flash to PCM' means somewhere/somehow the factory tune/calibration was changed in some way.

Has the car been tuned at some stage (even if the factory tune was reloaded)?
I don't know that unless they did that without my knowledge.
331rwkw.

Old 28-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #350
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

This is starting to not look good for Ford

1. Stating that the car left an event to a tow truck when it did not.
2. Stating that the car has had a PCM change, when it has not to the knowledge or the owner.
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
4 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #351
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

There is NO WAY a OEM flash can be used against you...that shouldnt need explaining but I would get clarification on that 100%.

The driving thing well, your going to have a hard time fighting it but its not out of the question.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 28-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #352
Sprint347
Tickford

Quote:
I don't know that unless they did that without my knowledge.
So just to confirm you've had this car from new and only a ford dealership has 'worked on the car'?

I'm not suggesting you've done anything untoward, I'm trying to understand Ford's motive.
SZ Territory TS RWD TDCi
Old 28-04-2015, 03:22 PM   #353
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint347 View Post
So just to confirm you've had this car from new and only a ford dealership has 'worked on the car'?

I'm not suggesting you've done anything untoward, I'm trying to understand Ford's motive.
Brought from the same dealership brand new as the first service was done at.
331rwkw.

2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 03:24 PM   #354
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry, but there's not a lot of wiggle room.

You used it for drag racing or competition which is completely outside what warranties allow. Full stop. Even your plain old comprehensive car insurance won't cover you for damage done while it's being used for "competition". Cars aren't built for competition. Of yes yes yes...they might have go faster stripes and lots of power, but they don't intend you to actually race them...they say so right there that it has been used "outside it's design and intent". Most people know this. If it was "intended" to be used for such a purpose I don't think the blower would have failed like that.

Well and truly gone are the days where the high performance models from car makers were virtually race cars with licence plates. Now they merely look the part and are intended for driving "enjoyment", rather than actual competition use.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #355
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Brought from the same dealership brand new as the first service was done at.
Confusing, how many k's on the car when you brought it
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 28-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #356
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Sorry, but there's not a lot of wiggle room.

You used it for drag racing or competition which is completely outside what warranties allow. Full stop. Even your plain old comprehensive car insurance won't cover you for damage done while it's being used for "competition". Cars aren't built for competition. Of yes yes yes...they might have go faster stripes and lots of power, but they don't intend you to actually race them...they say so right there that it has been used "outside it's design and intent". Most people know this. If it was "intended" to be used for such a purpose I don't think the blower would have failed like that.

Well and truly gone are the days where the high performance models from car makers were virtually race cars with licence plates. Now they merely look the part and are intended for driving "enjoyment", rather than actual competition use.
Fair enough if it happened at the drags. But the fault didnt occurr until some 6000kms later.
Old 28-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #357
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Take it further, go with one of these consumer watchdogs and maybe a lawyer who specialises in this sort of stuff.

I agree with the trying to go down not fit for purpose path, thats going to be your only shot IMO.
Very grey area though. There needs to be definition around what 'fit for purpose' means in relation to an XR8. I'm guessing that the normal purpose of an XR8 is to provide transport, driving in a legal manner. It certainly won't include using it as a competition vehicle, (a Lotus Elise might).

To me sounds like for investigation is required, the SC needs to be opened up to see what the damage really is.

Hopefully, for Kempy's sake, the damage is just bearings and no collateral damage has occurred.
Old 28-04-2015, 04:05 PM   #358
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Very grey area though. There needs to be definition around what 'fit for purpose' means in relation to an XR8. I'm guessing that the normal purpose of an XR8 is to provide transport, driving in a legal manner. It certainly won't include using it as a competition vehicle, (a Lotus Elise might).

To me sounds like for investigation is required, the SC needs to be opened up to see what the damage really is.

Hopefully, for Kempy's sake, the damage is just bearings and no collateral damage has occurred.
I would think if its main purpose was to be used as transport it wouldn't come with a supercharged 5L V8, what does the XR8 badge signify? Transport with big engine?

I'd argue a run down the drags here and there isn't competition use unless he uses the car in a class of drag racing? Not just the meet they hold at the track once a month.

Its not like he is racing for $$$ and the car lives its life at the drag strip.
Old 28-04-2015, 04:13 PM   #359
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Does this mean that Ford have suggested the car has been flash TUNED?

I hope the car wasn't loaned by the dealer to a tune shop prior to you buying it new?

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 28-04-2015 at 04:20 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #360
Trump
bitch lasagne

Okay kids, here is the new vehicle warranty document from Ford:

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/BlobS...lob&blobkey=id

There are exactly ZERO references to motorsport in it, none! Further, the term misuse is not listed in the definitions section at all. Kempy, send them to hell.
5 users like this post:
Closed Thread