Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: do you have insurance
NO I cant afford it 82 7.63%
NO insurance wont touch me the driver 22 2.05%
NO insurance dont like my car too many mods etc 35 3.26%
NO i'd rather spend that money at the pub i'm too tight 37 3.44%
YES Id' never drive without some form of insurance 899 83.63%
Voters: 1075. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 18-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #391
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFDINTEDIT
Whats the difference between somebody with insurance. My cousin got hit up the *** and his car is a write off.. The other driver still hasnt paid the excess and thats 7 months on. Hes had to buy a new car out of his own pocket, and his other car has been put to waste as both his and the other drivers insurance have done sweet ИИИИ all...
Mate, you're an absolute renegade deadsh1t. I think you should call your mum and tell her she wants you because quite frankly, ignorant asses like yourself are the soundest reason for contraception.

Let me tell you a little story about a company that ran limousines.
Just over a year ago, I was driving for a mate in a 6 month old S500 mercedes. Whilst sitting at the lights in pyrmont, some amoebic intellectual equal came racing around the corner in a hotted up EF and straight up the back of the S500. He hit it with such force that 6 airbags went off. Luckily, there was no passenger in the rear of the car but the car was totalled, and so was his. He crawled out through the back door and confronted me that it was my fault because I had stopped at the lights. I laughed and said "you don't have insurance do you?" when he started to cry. I asked him "why wouldn't you have any insurance on your car - it's the dumbest thing you could do" to which he replied "I spent the money on mods", and he cried for a few minutes more after asking how much I thought the benz was gonna cost to fix. At this stage the police turned up and in his infinite wisdom, this moron ran off.

5 minutes later they brought him back, and then I told him what the tow truck driver from Merc Benz told me; "they said it's a write off - that'll probably be about $260,000 dollars replacement and on top of that demorage of $4000 per day, roughly the take on this vehicle. Have a nice day."
They took him to the station for fleeing the scene of the accident (even though the loser left his car there).

Anyway, the car was replaced within two weeks, Austbrokers paid for the lot including income loss and sent this little halfwit the bill. Like all genuine scumbags he declared himself bankrupt, but fortunately lost his licence due to the neg driving charge, and failing to display his p plates. Also, he is now hated by insurance companies, will not be able to get a loan within the next 5 years (probably longer because finance companies can still access your records) on anything and has been before a magistrate warning him that if he gets behind the wheel whilst disqualified he will be arrested and coud serve a sentence.

So don't give me your "it'll never happen" sh1t. I've got the new Benz now and if you hit me, you'll have everything to lose for the sake of allegedly saving $2500 pa.
I'll leave you with another thought about being ignorant.
"If ignorance is bliss - you must be orgasmic"

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 18-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #392
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Oh and by the way, you may think that declaring yourself bankrupt is an easy way to get out of paying for damage you caused, but bankruptcy follows you everywhere. You'll never get a houseloan, or a business loan, and essentially any small loan that you don't have a guarantor on. I'm assuming your a young fella so I wonder why you would want to limit all of your upcoming life choices because of some stupid childish ideal. What about mutual responsibility? Or are you some pathetic loser on the dole with a welfare mentality, impregnating several women at any given time to propogate centrelink revenue?

Quote:
Powered by GE
Old 18-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #393
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
And that is 1 of the things that is wrong in Australia.... Insurance (Third party property) should be compulsory.
Agreed! :

If you're to cheap to get insurance, you shouldn't be on the road.

What I can't understand is the argument "I'll pay for it if I have an accident" ... ?? In one accident you could blow more money than in a century of paying for insurance! Then again, as we've seen in above posts - it's not our problem if we have insurance. Our insurance companies will simply screw the hell out of any moron who causes an accident and doesn't have insurance.

Last edited by Deadman; 18-01-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 18-01-2006, 09:05 PM   #394
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LTD, I love your work. Absolutly brillant

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 19-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #395
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Default Another quick lesson for you uninsured

Funny how things happen after you have just been studying them.

Just got of the phone to one of my boys, asks me if he can borrow a company ute for a few days. No problem but why ? He just ran into a ford Cougar he thinks. His car is not too bad and will be a 3 day fix. The Cougar is a mess he said. He is ok but mentioned it is going to cost him.
Why ??

Because this mature age, wise man did not have insurance. He must now find the money to fix the other car, his own car, and pray some lawyer doesn,t latch onto the other driver..

Would you risk it ??

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
Old 20-01-2006, 08:59 AM   #396
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit83
Because this mature age, wise man did not have insurance. He must now find the money to fix the other car, his own car, and pray some lawyer doesn,t latch onto the other driver..

Would you risk it ??
Interesting fact is that alot of panel beaters have business relationships with solicitors. So be prepared to be screwed bad!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 20-01-2006, 09:55 AM   #397
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

no never....it'd be just my luck i'd hit a new 7 series or m5 or something there goes $200,000+
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
Old 20-01-2006, 12:01 PM   #398
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Oh and by the way, you may think that declaring yourself bankrupt is an easy way to get out of paying for damage you caused, but bankruptcy follows you everywhere. You'll never get a houseloan, or a business loan, and essentially any small loan that you don't have a guarantor on. I'm assuming your a young fella so I wonder why you would want to limit all of your upcoming life choices because of some stupid childish ideal. What about mutual responsibility? Or are you some pathetic loser on the dole with a welfare mentality, impregnating several women at any given time to propogate centrelink revenue?

(this is general info not aimed at you as you obviously don't have insurance)

Just another pointer on credit records, Baycorp are the most used credit reporting agency in australia, just as they hold your credit file they also hold your insurance file (claims incedents etc. Refusals or denials)
You will find it tough getting a claim paid if you misrepresent yourself.
The insurance companies will still offer you insurance on what you state to them when asked. But if it becomes apparent in a claim something smells fishy they will check and possibly deny your claim due to misrepresentation on your part.
Check it out for yourself baycorp.com.au
Old 20-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #399
I bleed ford
351 cubes of power

i think insurance isn't only about yourself. If you hit some poor people who can't afford to fix their car and you got no money or insurance, they get screwed. My xf ute has only got third party because the car isn't worth it. That being said, i have the means to pay for any damage done by myself. Insurance is a good option for those who lack the means to drop cash up front (don't get me wrong, i ain't rich). My wifes car a Kia ( or piece of ИИИИ as i like to call it) is covered with comprehensive. I think people just have to make a intelligent decision and take all factors into consideration.

dammit i sound like my parents!!!!
Old 21-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #400
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed ford
i think insurance isn't only about yourself. If you hit some poor people who can't afford to fix their car and you got no money or insurance, they get screwed.
Whn you are hit by someone and you have no insurance, their insurance company does everything it can not to pay. You seem to need your own insurance to get money out of theirs.
Old 21-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #401
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
Whn you are hit by someone and you have no insurance, their insurance company does everything it can not to pay. You seem to need your own insurance to get money out of theirs.
What are you talking about, that would have to be the biggest load of cr@p I have heard. If you are hit by someone who is insured, their insurance will fix your car. Pure and simple!! However they will only do this after their client (person who hit you) has paid their excess.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 21-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #402
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
What are you talking about, that would have to be the biggest load of cr@p I have heard. If you are hit by someone who is insured, their insurance will fix your car. Pure and simple!!
If only - they will often unnecessarily draw the process out, giving you the runaround, in the hope you'll just go away. So have been the experiences of people I know who have tried to file a claim thru someone else's insurance company.
Old 21-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #403
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
If only - they will often unnecessarily draw the process out, giving you the runaround, in the hope you'll just go away. So have been the experiences of people I know who have tried to file a claim thru someone else's insurance company.
Most of the time when an insurance company knows thier client is at fault the insurance company will do everything possible to get the third parties car repaired by themselves to save them money on the repairs by using thier own repair network. (its actually called mission third party) I see this happen on a dialy basis.
Old 21-01-2006, 11:34 PM   #404
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Quote:
Most of the time when an insurance company knows thier client is at fault the insurance company will do everything possible to get the third parties car repaired by themselves to save them money on the repairs by using thier own repair network. (its actually called mission third party) I see this happen on a dialy basis.
Yaw is right, by waiting the cost of the claim gets higher then the insurance company has to pay more. So they often pay as quick as possible and have other vehicle fixed. Sometimes the other vehicle will be fixed before their own clients!!
b0son, you have been mislead, most people complain even when their car is fixed within days!
Old 22-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #405
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Both the foci and fiesta have full insurance; like many people said here, you dont know when your going to crash or get hit by someone.

Insurance is amazing; mums foci is getting repaired in 10 days and my fiesta is getting repaired in 8 days (the panelbeater worked the saturday).
Old 22-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #406
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
When you are hit by someone and you have no insurance, their insurance company does everything it can not to pay. You seem to need your own insurance to get money out of theirs.
B0son. That is biggest load of crap I have heard, and I don't believe that all insurance companies are out to screw the customers..... I have had my share of claims and I have never had been screwed even when I was at fault. However my wife was screwed which also directly affected me, also we lost a $50'000 car in the process. The company that screwed her over is called Virginia surety(stay clear clear of them). What I am getting at is, even tho my wife and I have had a bad experiance with one insurance company, It dose not mean we a better of with out insurance, Infact with having insurance we are still ahead in terms of cost's. IMO everyone should be insured and if that was the case you would also fined that insurance would be cheaper also.....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 22-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #407
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
B0son. That is biggest load of crap I have heard
I too thought it was a load of crap when I heard the lengths some people had to go to to get their money from the other party's insurance (ie. court).

Quote:
IMO everyone should be insured and if that was the case you would also fined that insurance would be cheaper also.....
Absolutely, it should be compulsory - its simply one of the responsibilities of owning a car, being able to pay for damage it may cause.
Old 23-01-2006, 03:32 AM   #408
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Getting third party with fire and theft tomorrow, havn't driven it much at all, actually my mates have driven it more than I have(if they stack they pay for it ), i'm just too scared to drive without insurance :S
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 23-01-2006, 04:06 AM   #409
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

If one were to live in the Western suburbs of Melbourne and have a non anglo saxon name I have heard almost every claim of theft gets investigated by one of the larger insurers down here. I don't blame them though.
Old 23-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #410
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Well, unfortunately their has been an over represented group with non anglo names that were/are involved with car rebirthing, theft, fraud and basically any other nasty thing that insurance companies say "ouch" at. It's not discrimination, it's statistical analysis of historical data that points squarely at the aforementioned group.

To make a long story short, If these fellas feel slided by this action then they should have thought about it before all of the insurance jobs they did.

Quote: