Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-01-2020, 11:25 PM   #61
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Strat Squier

I have heard of effects pedals being called “talent boosters”. :-/

Crybaby or TS-808 in your future?
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-01-2020, 11:51 PM   #62
jinksie

I have a MIM strat but the Classic series are every bit as good or better from what I have tried.
The last strat I got was an as new $49 bullet from a Cash Converter. I couldn't believe the price with rosewood fretboard.
I put a loaded HSH pickguard in it and liken it to a super strat.
jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-01-2020, 09:23 AM   #63
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I have heard of effects pedals being called “talent boosters”. :-/

Crybaby or TS-808 in your future?
My modelling amps have most effects built into them especially the Boss Katana 50. I use a fair amount of compression when playing clean, especially with the neck pick up. I also prefer overdrive to full on distortion and touch the sound up with delay and spring reverb.

I do have a loop pedal I recently purchased, but I am too scared to use it as the probability of getting it soooo wrong is high...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2020, 09:30 AM   #64
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinksie View Post
I have a MIM strat but the Classic series are every bit as good or better from what I have tried.
The last strat I got was an as new $49 bullet from a Cash Converter. I couldn't believe the price with rosewood fretboard.
I put a loaded HSH pickguard in it and liken it to a super strat.
Funny you should say this. I was talking with the guy who worked on my guitar and I told him that I had no reason to upgrade to a MIM Strat as I was so happy with the Squier. He told me that the high end Squiers are better than the MIM strats. The next mod he suggested was to replace the tremolo with an upgraded unit (I can't remember what) to make the sound even better again...
Old 02-01-2020, 10:27 AM   #65
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Probably one with a hardened steel upper plate and a machined steel block. You can hear the difference acoustically vs a cast alloy block, all else being the same.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #66
superyob
Banned

That sounds like what he suggested CB...