Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Closed Thread

Old 26-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default 'Speedy on the Track, Practical on the Road' - Best $35K car!

Good review from Drive.com.au

The shopping list: Holden Astra SRi Turbo, Honda Integra Type S (used), Mazda RX-8 (used), Renault Sport Clio and Volkswagen Polo GTI

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...eID=20365&vf=2

So in regards to your comment Danny;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
When the CLio is rockin, dont come knockin.... :P
I'm going to take that out of context... The Clio is ROCKING! And to think it's already 2 years old...

I love stirring the pot here : :king: : :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 27-10-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you've mistake this forums for www.renaultforums.com.au
Old 27-10-2006, 08:10 AM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

...or www.aussiefrogs.com

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Old 27-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Teki is up to his old tricks. I for one will not CONVERT.
Old 27-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen a couple of RS Clios so far and man, looks can be deceiving.
Old 27-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

mneh im not phased...

Old 27-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Good review

polo stacked up well.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 27-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Good review

polo stacked up well.
Agreed. It received a few comments... but against the competition it didn't stack up too well (what is with the Type S and RX-8?! More like $40k cars when you try to find a good example : )

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 27-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
I think you've mistake this forums for www.renaultforums.com.au
I'm sorry... but HOW MUCH TALK DO WE GET HERE ABOUT SKYLINES AND OTHER JAP CARS?!

I do believe a Clio Sport is much more in keeping with a Fiesta then what an Evo10 or 350Z are. :

Old 27-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Bah, i saw a Clio here and flogged it easily........

(it was parked) :1syellow1
Old 27-10-2006, 12:49 PM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Speedy on the track

Agreed with Teki,

we talk about all sorts of other cars on here.

Pie is just angry that teki is a better driver than him :P :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 27-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #12
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow did you come to that conclusion mitch? I have never been on a cruise with teki(when he had his fiesta).

I know you have to stand up for your boyfriend mitch but you don't need a pull crap from your anus.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Yes you have been on a cruise with teki,

Berowra cruise. When we met up near olympic park. Nub.

Loads of fun :
Old 27-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
Yes you have been on a cruise with teki,

Berowra cruise. When we met up near olympic park. Nub.
Was about to say! Of course his seen my car... cause I've seen his :

Still no comment on the fact we talk about Evo10s and other cars.... Yet unfortunately cannot speak about Hot Hatches (Unless, of course it is a Polo GTI for some reason :P)

Old 27-10-2006, 01:01 PM   #15
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I stand corrected. I was on a cruise but I didn't follow him through twists so you can't compare how we drive.

Yes we do have the occasional talk about other cars but we have to put up with you and your clio ever 2nd day. Go talk about your Clio on a renault forum.
Old 27-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #16
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Wow you have a huge E P3nis pie.

Loads of fun :
Old 27-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

*edit*
Slack Comment

out:

I could tell you my Fez had never worn new clothing :

Old 27-10-2006, 01:31 PM   #18
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about you get all the facts before trying to comment.
Old 27-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh what, the car was faulty?

Hmmmm, should speak to FoMoCo then!

Old 27-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
Danny
GT4.

Relax would you all FFS. You're like little girls.

Let me guss anyways without reading the comparo. The Clito won hands down? Otherwise Steve wouldnt have posted it here hahahaha.

En-Joy!
Old 27-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #21
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Hey Danny,

I posted it here... for you!

It has the Polo GTI and RSC 182 Cup. Both get quite good reviews.

I suggest you read it...

Old 27-10-2006, 07:18 PM   #22
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Bah, i saw a Clio here and flogged it easily........

(it was parked) :1syellow1
well, since we're talking about scalpings, i blitzed passed a 612 scaglietti on the way home today :

sure beats some french fry
Old 27-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #23
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do these sort of threads always end up the same way?

Surely it's possible to talk about other brands without all the bull that always appears for whatever stupid reason?

How about less of this : and more of this : ?

Buy whatever vehicle suits YOUR needs/ desires/ budget and learn to appreciate the other vehicles that are out there too. :1syellow1
Old 28-10-2006, 01:19 AM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
well, since we're talking about scalpings, i blitzed passed a 612 scaglietti on the way home today :

sure beats some french fry

You blitzed passed a Ferrari... other way around :P

Sure beats some french fry???

Clio = 35 k

Ferrari 612 Scag = 562k (manual) 588k (auto)

Was there some hidden point as to why you compared these two cars? :

Loads of fun :
Old 28-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #25
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by murcod
Why do these sort of threads always end up the same way?

Surely it's possible to talk about other brands without all the bull that always appears for whatever stupid reason?

How about less of this : and more of this : ?

Buy whatever vehicle suits YOUR needs/ desires/ budget and learn to appreciate the other vehicles that are out there too. :1syellow1
consider all the trolls from other forums with their fpv vs hsv, xr8 vs ss, ford vs holden threads. and see where they all head.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=70510

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=70646

this is for discussions about "ford passenger cars" with more interest in "small and mid sized cars" talking more specifically about "fiesta and ka"

if you want to talk about renaults, take it to the pub
Old 28-10-2006, 10:56 AM   #26
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
if you want to talk about renaults, take it to the pub
Grow up. I didn't even start the thread or make any comments regarding the review- just the immature outbursts that followed. (I guess my signature was enough to promote that childish outburst?)

I have owned two Fords, a Holden, a Mazda, two Daihatsu's, a Peugeot and a Renault. I'm grown up enough to realise every brand/ model has it merits and don't simply buy BrandX because I (for some stupid reason) idolise the brand.

If you're not interested in the thread then simply ignore it. I'm sure the admins will delete it if they deem it not relevant (or will move it to the right section.)
Old 28-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #27
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Josh's comment was the least childish thing said in this thread. He is right too.
Old 28-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #28
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Grow up. I didn't even start the thread or make any comments regarding the review- just the immature outbursts that followed. (I guess my signature was enough to promote that childish outburst?)

I have owned two Fords, a Holden, a Mazda, two Daihatsu's, a Peugeot and a Renault. I'm grown up enough to realise every brand/ model has it merits and don't simply buy BrandX because I (for some stupid reason) idolise the brand.

If you're not interested in the thread then simply ignore it. I'm sure the admins will delete it if they deem it not relevant (or will move it to the right section.)
hey. if you cant take the heat about what others think of the french brand, then maybe you need to grow up.

frankly, if you think i idolise the ford brand because i dont particularly like some kid watering down our forum with propaganda, then you've got another thing coming. i too have owned multiple brands, from subaru's, toyota, mitsubishi's, daihatsu's and fords.

but what i dont go on about is harking about how great i think they are in other forums. how would you like it if i told you your house was inferior compared to mine because i have ocean views, polished timber floors and a stainless kitchen?

and if youre only here to comment about the immature outbursts that followed the review, then youre not really following the topic, are you?

Quote:
Grow up. I didn't even start the thread or make any comments regarding the review- just the immature outbursts that followed.
i already have certain people on ignore lists. its just a shame their quotes arent filtered out either. but lets see what happens when you take this to a bigger forum. lets see how constructive, or immature it gets.

again. this is for discussions about "ford passenger cars" with more interest in "small and mid sized cars" talking more specifically about "fiesta and ka"

again. take your talk about renaults to the pub.
Old 28-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #29
zing

why dont u ease up. Let the admins decide whats appropriate for these forums.
Old 28-10-2006, 03:39 PM   #30
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Probably because it's an online community as much as anything else. Everyone takes some responsibility for the content of the forum.

"Leaving it up to the admins" is a pretty irresponsible attitude frankly. They do enough unthanked work as it is. Everyone on the Forums should take some responsibility upon themselves to keep the forums running smoothly within the guidelines
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

Closed Thread