Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-10-2006, 10:47 PM   #276
EATurbo10PSI
Starter Motor

Hi I own an 1999 AU XR8, the mast in the electric erial is stuff't, I have brought a new one but Im not sure how to replace it.
EATurbo10PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 07:21 PM   #277
8pAc
RDP #181

How does a broken ariel mast present itself does your ariel not go up or down or is the reception stuffed. My reception is stuffed but i think it is getting interference from the RDP ecu doobee i had installed.
Camrys like most Toyotas have always been ugly, poorly equiped & brain crushingly dull but that's what a lot of people look for in a car unfortunately. I like my fridge, it keeps my beer cold other people like them so much they want to drive them it seems.
8pAc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #278
EATurbo10PSI
Starter Motor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8pAc
How does a broken ariel mast present itself does your ariel not go up or down or is the reception stuffed. My reception is stuffed but i think it is getting interference from the RDP ecu doobee i had installed.
Hi, yes the mast will not go up and down, you can hear the motor going but the mast stay's up, I need to know if I have to take the wheel and the body skirt off to fit a new one in and if so will it brake the clips that hold it all on? My son own's a EA that he has spent 1000's on with the Turbo and every thing, but I've only had my AU for a few months and Im not sure how to fix the ariel so I thought I would jump on here and see if anyone out there Know's. regards XR8
Old 21-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #279
EATurbo10PSI
Starter Motor

: hi well its all good :thebirds: I fixed it, and eazy as lol. thanks any way :eclipsee_ XR8
Old 24-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #280
Timeshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIKLIKA
Power widows will not go up. Several windows affected. Pulled out switches and then pulled the switch apart and cleaned contacts. Even though the contacts were pitted. Used what is called micro-scrub contact cleaner (similar to a scourer). No problems since.
How expensive are these switches? Where can I get em from? My drivers side window stuffed up, cleaned it etc etc as much as I could but no go. I ended up putting it on the passenger side.
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2006, 12:38 PM   #281
Samford
Starter Motor

Default Auto Transmission Problems

I have an AU2 and my transmission keeps slipping while im driving which causes it to jerk. I happens no matter how long i have been driving for. Does anyone know what might be wrong. It also stalls sometimes for no reason, usually around corners. Help!
Samford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #282
davids_gxl

I have an au1 wAGON,duel fuel.the brakes are a problem.need to up date to a two piston au2 brake assembly.some people might take the crap out of the au,but it is dam reliable.the best car i have ever owned.i am up to 263000 and still going strong.the cab i got a ride in the other day was an au2 with 930000 and still in service.try beat that with a dunnydoor.
davids_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #283
Emerson
AUVCTGHIA

I drive an AU Fairmont Ghia....I have a problem, I can lock the vehicle...but the left passenger door wont lock...so if someone opens the door all doors become unlock....On very very rare occasions does the passenger door lock...can someone plz advise me....
Emerson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #284
goXF
Now AU powered

I believe that means the actuator in that door is faulty and needs replacing.

Current Car: 2002 AU3 Falcon Forte sedan, 51,000Km when purchased - NOW: 81,000Km.
goXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #285
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The drivers seat is off centre to the left of the steering wheel.The seat or steering colum are not aligned properly.Very uncomfortable some days.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #286
AEF_Silver94
Falcon obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids_gxl
cab i got a ride in the other day was an au2 with 930000 and still in service
whoa,thats great to hear,as i plan on keeping an AU for a very long time.
AEF_Silver94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #287
therhett
Starter Motor

how to remove the traction control from au 1
therhett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #288
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

this thread is for problems encountered dude not tutorials.

welcome
Old 11-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #289
Umineko
Karasu

Having killed my DL LTD a couple of weeks ago after using a lexus as a bonnet ornament I now find myself the proud and happy owner of a 2000 model AU LTD so far so good, runs like a train, got the usual intermitent missing digits on the LCD display thingy (thanks to everyone who posted the dude in Morrabin's contact details, will be calling him Monday) the only thing that bugs me now is a slight hissing sound when I accelerate,it dies off once you back off the pedal. seems to be coming from under the dash on the drivers side, no real impact on performance just annoying anyone had a similar problem?
I had a similar thing on the DL just before the brake booster crapped itself but there is no reduction in braking efficency like there was with the DL.
Oh and hats off to the morons at ford who wrote the owners manual... had to reset the alarm (not difficult) but the manual says nothing about holding in the bonnet open switch or getting your ears blown out not to mention waking up everyone for 2 blocks at 7am on a saturday morning.

Little things aside I love my new beastie and hope it proves as trouble free as my dearly departed and sorely missed DL
Umineko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #290
Markcapri
Starter Motor

Default CD's jammed in AUII

I have an AUII, 2001 XR8 with in-dash 6 stacker. (20,000K's)
The CD's keep getting jammed in the player, and can't be removed.
It has been repaired twice before, but keeps on happening.

Does anyone know if an aftermarket CD system will fit?? If so, type etc

Thanks

Mark
Markcapri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #291
XR Davo

Just had the body control module replaced on my car. Got Ford to do the install as I didn't trust the local auto electrician as I think he stuffed original module whilst installing replacement aerial but couldn't prove it. Cost $850 ouch! Beware people.
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #292
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn ... I have a spare BEM sitting at home ... could have had it for $20.
I know an auto electrician that can reprogram the BEM as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 11:47 AM   #293
XR Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Damn ... I have a spare BEM sitting at home ... could have had it for $20.
I know an auto electrician that can reprogram the BEM as well.

Thanks for the offer man, yeah if it happens again will definately look at a second hand unit. A lesson has been learnt.
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #294
Fairlane63
Fairlane

Default door lock not... um...locking the door...

Interesting, I have a slow flashing of the indicator dash lights when I lock the doors and the right hand rear door won't lock........anyone know of an easy fix?

2006 TS Territory AWD
2016 Everest Trend 4WD
Fairlane63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #295
Elements

Have an AUII S/SR. Had it for 200km

1. The battery holder in the remote comes off. 10 min soldering job (if that!) and they're both working A-OK.

2. Driving along, and then all of a sudden there was no power steering fluid. Wretched noise, no P/S. Tightened bolts, filled it up and on my way (happened less than 3 hours after I got it - the rack was replaced by Ford about 50,000km ago.....).

3. Rough idle. Under investigation.
Elements is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 11:09 PM   #296
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

i have an AU2 forte DEC/2000...its been a great car only just hit 55000kms
the only problem it has had is when new there was a noise coming from the rear suspension, ford dismantled and rebuilt the back right under warranty and everything good ever since
BUT YES WE GET THAT POWER WINDOW PROBLEM ..the drivers side switch wont work sometimes for the passengers window...ps lowndes was robbed
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #297
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Dirty contacts under the power window switch ... pop the panel out of the door and clean the contacts underneath ... this SHOULD fix it ... other than that ... the plug might have moved and lost connection too.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2006, 11:38 PM   #298
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umineko
) the only thing that bugs me now is a slight hissing sound when I accelerate,it dies off once you back off the pedal. seems to be coming from under the dash on the drivers side, no real impact on performance just annoying anyone had a similar problem?

Yep I have the same problem and are anxious for an answer on this ASAP!
I also get a large "crack" sound emitting from the front passenger door/ jam/dash area when I go over harsh / sharp bumps and it's totally annoying. Anyone else have this and found a resolution?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 09:54 PM   #299
drunknwombat
Starter Motor

Default Hand brake noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocade
747 FLI
I also have similar Handbrake noise problem
I have found from reading through Forums and talking to various Ford and Ford Service Department people that some IRS AU and even BA Handbrakes have an issue where they get stuck on resulting in a constant metal to metal sound
Mine has been like this since about 15000 ks when I first noticed
after first service
It has been in since for repairs approx 6 times over 4 years
It stops for a little while and starts again after about 1000 Ks
To date the rear rotors have been replaced once also replaced 2 sets of clips and 2 sets of handbrake shoes and i think a cable and still not fixed
I am learning to live with it now by turning up the volume or the air conditioner.
With my luck they will probably find a fix for it just before I sell it

I found if you reverse an apply the foot brake the noise will go
drunknwombat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #300
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunknwombat
I found if you reverse an apply the foot brake the noise will go
I agree I found the same thing, an apparent problem with the AU. When I had a disc to disc diff replaced (same cable it went).