Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #201
toadin
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
I had a ripper one day! the left window wouldn't work it was stuck down, so I rang FTe service and the guy said, "get this" press the window switch up & down 31 yes 31 times, that will fix it!!! yeah right :tosser1: anyway I did this, and bugger me on the 31st time the bloody thing worked!! : Beats the hell outta me. I dont know if anyone else has had this..
I had the same prob. Thanks to u it is now fixed. Incredible, 31 is the lucky number!! I was told it was the regulator. $331 for a new one. If 31 doesn't work go a little longer.
toadin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 02:05 PM   #202
GASXR6

Default electronic noise

Ok anyone heard of this one? I have a au11 xr8 ute 5 speed manual standard. When I accelerate in first gear and than depress the clutch I hear a beep, then the same into third, sometimes when slowing down and braking. It does it often and every time I drive the car. Just a short beep.
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 11:21 AM   #203
ixr872
Starter Motor

Default interior lights

I have a 2000 auii xr8. GReat car , i have a problem with the interior lights staying on after car is locked and also staying on when driving. ant ideas????
ixr872 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #204
Donshe
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixr872
I have a 2000 auii xr8. GReat car , i have a problem with the interior lights staying on after car is locked and also staying on when driving. ant ideas????
is it possible that the little switch on your right near the headlights is flicked on?

dont laugh, ive seen it happen and this WAS the "problem"
Donshe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #205
GASXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASXR6
Ok anyone heard of this one? I have a au11 xr8 ute 5 speed manual standard. When I accelerate in first gear and than depress the clutch I hear a beep, then the same into third, sometimes when slowing down and braking. It does it often and every time I drive the car. Just a short beep.
In addition to the beep, my airbag warning light has just come on. Wondering if the 2 are somehow related to each other? The beep doesn't coincide with the light. When I first start the car the light flashes and then after a while stays on. Any help appreciated.
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2006, 12:19 AM   #206
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

AU TE-50 T3....

The only probs with mine, rear passenger wheel bearing desintigrated, rear shock mounts replaced due to factory fault. In all honesty, best car I have ever owned by fu*ing a long shot, and is actually cheaper to run than my previous Ford V8's..EL & EF, fuel, reliabilty & performance wise.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #207
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

The auto is leaking like a siv.The engine is leaking like a siv.There is no filler tube to top the auto oil up. I may stop anywhere if I leave home. So tommorow I am taking a day off and hopefully getting the car repaired.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #208
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Yes a common problem regarding the BTR boxes in the AU are the seals, and also the from the speedo transducer.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #209
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Good man. This may be the likely culprit ...the speedo cog /transducer.The rear seal went and got replaced a year ago. Thanks.!! :sm_headba

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 15-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #210
Stav
Smile

Well the new second hand box went in last week.Apparently if the rear auto seal goes the tailshaft may thrash around causing bad wearing inside the main gearbox housing.

Today while driving around my brakes totally dissapeared.Yes no brakes.It seems the brake booster died and was hissing inside the car.I was lucky not to smash.The dam brake boosters are made of plastic!!! If your car is on 180,000 kms ,do yourself a favour and get another booster.If there was a lady or youngster on the car they could have been killed.

Old 15-05-2006, 05:04 PM   #211
I6corp
Was V6corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Well the new second hand box went in last week.Apparently if the rear auto seal goes the tailshaft may thrash around causing bad wearing inside the main gearbox housing.

Today while driving around my brakes totally dissapeared.Yes no brakes.It seems the brake booster died and was hissing inside the car.I was lucky not to smash.The dam brake boosters are made of plastic!!! If your car is on 180,000 kms ,do yourself a favour and get another booster.If there was a lady or youngster on the car they could have been killed.

:( mate that sucks, what happened? Did u hit something? how bads the car?

ur not having the best of runs witht the AU
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #212
Stav
Smile

Today the new second hand booster died again.Lost my braking while driving out of Sydney to Parramatta. I managed to get it to Greenacre wrecking yard and got another booster. The guy said to me that the AU 2 came with a much larger brake booster but the bolting pattern was different.He said he has never sold an au2 booster but hundreds of au1 ones.

I think ford should recall all AU1 cars and do a free upgraded brake booster. I wonder how many smashes have occured from this design fault?

Old 22-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #213
red_devil
Starter Motor

Default AU 2 ute running like a pig!

I have an AU2 ute, 5 speed manual, pacemaker extractors, other than that basically stock.
The thing is, is it accelerates like a pig. It is as torquey as anything, but I also have an EA 5 speed multipoint wagon which accelerates from a standing start to 100 a lot quicker. Like, close to two seconds.

I have also owned an auto EL on LPG which was quicker too.
At higher speeds it's not as bad. It's just at low speeds its like it's bogged down. It's behaving almost like the timing is too far advanced. But, as I understand, the ignition timing is not adjustable.

The spark plugs (gapped correctly), oil, oil filter, leads and air filter are all brand new.

Any ideas?
red_devil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #214
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's an AU 0-100 in 8 seconds. Look at getting it chipped and then your in the business
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #215
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Touch Wood, I have an AU XR6 with the original booster. 128,000 klms on the clock and I love my car. I am it's third owner adn this is in immaculate condition. It had ONE item replaced under the new car warranty and that was it.

EA falcons had booster trouble too, they were Steel.

One thing I haven't noticed here either, Door locks? (not Barrel and Keys). We have been replacing these things for YEARS on AU's and BA's as well. Ford is up to it's 5 modification on them and MAYBE, they have FINALLY gotten it right.

Front Hubs were a problem on AU's for a time and Rotors. It's a pity but this is what happens when you design a car in a hurry then allow it on the road and have the OWNERS do your fault finding.

BTW, the OTHER OZ built car with a pussy cat emblem has its share of faults too.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:02 PM   #216
Timeshift

The actuators in the rear doors of the AUIII.

I bought my car last year and since then, both rear doors had stopped locking when I centrally lock the car. First time was under warranty, all good, second time it wasn't so following advice from here I just took the door cover off and detached the metal rod, therefore the door can only be opened from the inside and not the outside.

That's an overpriced $300 that Ford quoted that i've saved :hihi:
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:09 PM   #217
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeshift
The actuators in the rear doors of the AUIII.

I bought my car last year and since then, both rear doors had stopped locking when I centrally lock the car. First time was under warranty, all good, second time it wasn't so following advice from here I just took the door cover off and detached the metal rod, therefore the door can only be opened from the inside and not the outside.

That's an overpriced $300 that Ford quoted that i've saved :hihi:
Just hope you never accidently flick on the child locks or you'll never open the door again. May be worth a bit of tape on them to ensure they are not moved into the "lock" postition.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:39 PM   #218
Timeshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Just hope you never accidently flick on the child locks or you'll never open the door again. May be worth a bit of tape on them to ensure they are not moved into the "lock" postition.
Good idea.

So, if that were to happen, is it really "never again"? Or will it just cost a hefty penny to get it open again?

Couldn't it just be a case of getting the handle off the door and working from there...?
Old 25-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #219
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeshift
Good idea.

So, if that were to happen, is it really "never again"? Or will it just cost a hefty penny to get it open again?

Couldn't it just be a case of getting the handle off the door and working from there...?
It would disable the inside handle.... and the outside is already disabled. The doorcard cant be removed if the door is cut so you would have to cut through it to get the door open I guess. Minimum would be replacing the door trim I guess.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #220
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another Common Problem with the AU is they need petrol.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #221
Stav
Smile

300 dollars is simply criminal!!

Old 25-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #222
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
It would disable the inside handle.... and the outside is already disabled. The doorcard cant be removed if the door is cut so you would have to cut through it to get the door open I guess. Minimum would be replacing the door trim I guess.
You can still get into them with in 30seconds even with the handles both not operating. Nothing to stress over its scary really. With out damaging the car.

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #223
Timeshift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
You can still get into them with in 30seconds even with the handles both not operating. Nothing to stress over its scary really. With out damaging the car.
Really? From the outside or inside? How?
Old 26-05-2006, 08:03 AM   #224
BIRRAK
Starter Motor

Default Au99 Faimont Wagon

BOUGHT MY WAGON ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO.
Love the car, only 127K on the clock and everything works except the auto antenna.

A few problems I have noted are:

Heavy knock from front suspension which I can feel in the footwell, mainly on cornering.

and

After reversing and then going foward I get a squeak from the rear drivers side wheel. This stops after a few hundered meters travel..

I also have the usual problems, faded/missing display segmants, passanger auto window switch probelms....
BIRRAK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #225
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Default Fairmont LCD displays...

Just had my AU2 2000 F'mont Ghia's climate control/trip computer display repaired by the bloke in Moorabbin, I dropped it off and it was ready the next day, all packaged up and guaranteed for 3 months etc etc....FANTASTIC SERVICE, WORKS PERFECTLY, can only say good things about him, cos he only charged $60 approx including changing the bulbs too.

Certainly a saving on the $400 that was paid last time the display disappeared!

I think he advertises on here but his website is: www.geocities.com/liquidxtal
SSVPom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post