Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #12211
fps_grandma

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Ford you idiots we need a decent red, not another blue

That's why I bought a pristine white FGX XR6T.

Despite white being known as a common, conservative, easy to see and better resale colour I chose it for two reasons:

1) Contrasts with the new front and rear
2) Inspiration from white Commander colours in Gundam SEED (a Japanese anime):

The same inspiration when I start up my FGX XR6 Turbo
fps_grandma is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 04:09 AM   #12212
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A green would be nice !!
Old 12-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #12213
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Yeah they do need some new colours. The colours for the XR's especially are too bland.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #12214
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Information from a thread in Show and Shine indicates the Aero will be another dark blue. Would rather it ne a Bionic style blue though.
Yes would have loved bionic to make a come back. In my opinion it's the best blue ford have offered in the last 15 years. Like the others have stated the colour range is boring and after some time at the dealership studying the new FGX in various colours I have come to the conclusion that some colours don't really suit the shape/stance. Victory gold is one that looks good in the photo's where the photographer takes extra care of how the light contrasts with the paint however was turned off myself when I saw one in the flesh. But everyone has different tastes!

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #12215
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
A green would be nice !!
Yeah I’d like to see a nice metallic Green, like that of Envi or the Commodore Hothouse Green.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #12216
335JET
@jas_23_

dont need another blue, Bring back Mars red, Envi(green), Viper(purple) possibly Octane as well.
im very happy with Kinetic, its my favorite Ford blue, another would be sensation.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2015, 08:59 PM   #12217
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

the current colours are SO boring. I'm looking at maybe getting one for the mrs - we need Toxic, Bionic, Nitro, Rapid, Octane, DASH etc back
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 09:44 PM   #12218
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd like Breeze to make a comeback. I'd be disappointed if I got one in a current colour and it came back afterwards...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2015, 10:07 PM   #12219
FPV-800

Ford had a great range of colours in the BA / BF range, and even some in the FG range,but have really lost the plot in the FGX Falcons,they need to update there colour range now so that we could change our orders on XR8 before there built. I would not be happy if they changed the colour palet down the track. The other car manufactures have don't have decent colours either !!!
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #12220
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

It'll be down to cheap staple colours that can easily be produced and managed. The fancier colours cost more to mix and therefore wouldn't suit their business model. Also they might trigger more interest and that also wouldn't suit their business model. Wait a second...
Old 13-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #12221
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Some colours just dont suit some shapes aswell.

The AU range didnt really have anything flashy other than perhaps Blueprint right at the end. But in saying that they still had a larger palette.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2015, 02:09 PM   #12222
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

I chopped a whole lot of bright colours onto what we thought the fgx would look like prior to the reveal. Rapid looked awesome, and toxic. It's got a shape that could wear pretty much any colour. Angular boxy and sharp at the same time.

Agree about AU though
Old 13-02-2015, 03:00 PM   #12223
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Just saw my second FG X in the wild, from my office 10th storey window no less. A Smoke XR6, looked like an unmarked Police vehicle. I looked out the window and subconsciously thought "hey that car looks a bit different" and then I realised "oh S*^t it's an FG X!!1!one

The drab colour hides it a bit but there's no mistaking that shape.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Old 13-02-2015, 11:10 PM   #12224
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should make them all beige...
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #12225
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was inside a shop yesterday and an FG X XR8 went past - and it looked like Nitro Blue!
Couldn't believe it, still cant..
It was being hit by post rain-storm late afternoon sun, so was it Kinetic under extreme light conditions???????

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #12226
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Was inside a shop yesterday and an FG X XR8 went past - and it looked like Nitro Blue!
Couldn't believe it, still cant..
It was being hit by post rain-storm late afternoon sun, so was it Kinetic under extreme light conditions???????
Where were you? Couldn't have been this new 'aero blue' could it??

Old 14-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #12227
DannyB
Starter Motor

Morning all. Is anyone aware of the next XR8 allocation being released? I paid a deposit early Nov and still waiting. Dealership seems to be in the dark as much as I am.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #12228
Dissgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
Morning all. Is anyone aware of the next XR8 allocation being released? I paid a deposit early Nov and still waiting. Dealership seems to be in the dark as much as I am.
Spoke to my dealer yesterday and I quote, "Ford are putting out the allocations on Monday, so you will definitely have a delivery date Monday....ummmm Friday at the latest". Other threads have also said mid-feb for next allocations.

My confidence isn't high as I've been fed a number of lines since ordering in October. I've told the dealer he has til end of the month for a delivery date otherwise I'm going to HSV. I want the XR but 5montjs to get a delivery date is more than fair from my side.
Dissgrace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 01:13 PM   #12229
DannyB
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissgrace View Post
Spoke to my dealer yesterday and I quote, "Ford are putting out the allocations on Monday, so you will definitely have a delivery date Monday....ummmm Friday at the latest". Other threads have also said mid-feb for next allocations.

My confidence isn't high as I've been fed a number of lines since ordering in October. I've told the dealer he has til end of the month for a delivery date otherwise I'm going to HSV. I want the XR but 5montjs to get a delivery date is more than fair from my side.
Hard to disagree. I'm not sure I would be comfortable driving a HSV though.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #12230
smiddy

Quote:
Ispoke to my Syd dealer early in the week.i ordered min OCT he told me they should know soon,It is annoying waiting so long just to get a del date.
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 03:00 PM   #12231
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissgrace View Post

I had a vin and build date before Christmas (ordered the 9th September) and an ETA. Car status whent offline in the factory as there was a hold up and the car was finally finished on the 9th February and moved to the holding yard. My dealer emailed ford Friday to enquire why it wasn't in transit already and was told my car had been randomly selected for further QC. What ever this intails. He tried to hassle the transport mob to get it but ford won't let it go anywhere until this so called QC is done. All up the car was finished 12day past its original build date and the ETA has now been pushed out/changed 3 times. The dealer doesn't expect to see the car until the end of the month. It's getting beyond a joke. The only good thing is I missed out on the price rise.

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #12232
LASTXR

Ordered my XR8 last Sep.
My dealership was straight upfront with me. They said they wont be able
to tell me or do anything till they get there second allocation around March-
April 2015
Got an email last week saying they get there allocation on the 16th Feb so should
know more next week
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #12233
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic2006xr6t View Post
My dealer emailed ford Friday to enquire why it wasn't in transit already and was told my car had been randomly selected for further QC. What ever this intails. He tried to hassle the transport mob to get it but ford won't let it go anywhere until this so called QC is done.

Cheers Ryan
They'll probably just have technicians crawling all over it, opening and closing everything repeatedly, starting it up and switching it off, putting it in and out of gears, static turns of the steering wheel and tyres, suspension components etc.
Aircon on and off, etc. etc.

Then it may be put through simulated on road testing, quite likely pushed beyond anything you will ever give it.

Apart from that it should be fine, it has a warranty for peace of mind.

Or not....
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #12234
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Then it may be put through simulated on road testing, quite likely pushed beyond anything you will ever give it.

Or not....
Scaremongering much? Or do you know this for a fact?

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #12235
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Scaremongering much? Or do you know this for a fact?
How do you test somethings quality and to what extent does it take 2 weeks...

You use it, repeatedly.

I have lived around the Holdens plant at Elizabeth my whole life, the test track around the back and the sight of an SS at full noise sideways as they come onto the back straight along Kettering Rd.

Back in the 90's a mate was given a DCM for taking us all for joy rides in the as yet not released VP Commodore.
They used to give them to employees to take for a 150k real world test..

Im not familiar with Fords QC testing, but the thought of my new car being subject to anymore man handling than is necessary is less than comforting.

Each to their own I guess.
Old 14-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #12236
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
They'll probably just have technicians crawling all over it, opening and closing everything repeatedly, starting it up and switching it off, putting it in and out of gears, static turns of the steering wheel and tyres, suspension components etc.
Aircon on and off, etc. etc.

Or not....
The only 'road testing' at the plant is a 60m wobble road with a hairpin at the other end. Slow speed stuff.

Old 14-02-2015, 05:29 PM   #12237
maylandsman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG2-XR6 View Post
Ordered my XR8 last Sep.
Got an email last week saying they get there allocation on the 16th Feb so should
know more next week
Correct weight.
Dealers that tell you they are in the dark are full of it and quite simply not being up front/realistic with you.
maylandsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #12238
LASTXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by maylandsman View Post
Correct weight.
Dealers that tell you they are in the dark are full of it and quite simply not being up front/realistic with you.
If that's what you believe, so be it.
How's your car going.
Have you got it yet

Will let you know what happens with mine next week
& I think, so will a lot of others on here.
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #12239
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
The only 'road testing' at the plant is a 60m wobble road with a hairpin at the other end. Slow speed stuff.
I know our road network is in dire need of maintenance but I cant think for the life of me where there is a wobble road for everyday motorists.
That would leave me under the impression that testing a blokes new car on one would be going beyond normal driving conditions.

Mind you, its only repeated severe shock travel, spring compression, chassis twisting and bush strain at play so its not all bad.
Old 14-02-2015, 05:50 PM   #12240
Dissgrace

Quote:
Hard to disagree. I'm not sure I would be comfortable driving a HSV though.
Only 2 choices for Aussie v8s so Clubsport is the only alternative, and more importantly is immediate delivery. As long as I get a delivery date in the next 14 days it will all be sweet and I'll have my XR.
Dissgrace is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post