Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 20-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
xbsoup
Starter Motor

Default Help Needed With Parcel Shelf

Just wondering if anyone out there has a xb coupe wreck with a fairly good steel parcel shelf 4 sale or know of someone who reproduces them? Ive tried rare spares etc

xbsoup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
cob115
COUPE WHORE

i bought a new reproduction fibre glass one from dash origional located at holden hill south aust ,looks just like the masonite ones , ph 0883963000,almost impossable to get a mint 2nd hand pne,cant remember how much i paid for it but it was worth it ,they do top work there and can do doors to factory look, not cheap but u get great stuff
cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
xbrules
/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\

Mines got the same problem, it had been butchered by the previous owner

what you can do is find an XA XB XC sedan and cut the shelf out along the edges of the speakers holes. that section is the same in both coupe and sedan as long as the edges are in tact or your car you shouldn't have too much trouble

Dave

Daily: AU series 1 Fairmont Ghia
The Classic: Jan 79 ZH Fairlane, EFI'd 302 Clevo
The Project: Aug 73 Ford Landau Hardtop

During his lifetime, the average man will spend around 5 years behind the wheel of his car.... Make those years count... Drive a Ford.
xbrules is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
i bought a new reproduction fibre glass one from dash origional located at holden hill south aust ,looks just like the masonite ones , ph 0883963000,almost impossable to get a mint 2nd hand pne,cant remember how much i paid for it but it was worth it ,they do top work there and can do doors to factory look, not cheap but u get great stuff
cheers pat
Think he's after a rust replacement panel Pat.
sheetmetal+grinder+mig=parcel tray! :
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANXBCOUPE
Think he's after a rust replacement panel Pat.
sheetmetal+grinder+mig=parcel tray! :
DOH !!! DRANK TO MUCH LAST NIGHT N CANT READ PROPER

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #6
landau37
Landau Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
DOH !!! DRANK TO MUCH LAST NIGHT N CANT READ PROPER
Look might not help but i have a parcel shelf i pulled out to fit a better one . It does have some rust and cut up slightly but you may be able to use it.
landau37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post