Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Day-mow
rexnet

Default VCT's thirsty?

just got back from a trip to melbourne for the weekend with some bands.
fill up just outside the city and this is what i got when i filled up just before

thats 8.3 L/100 Km
if your drive nicely they go alright.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default Re: VCT's thirsty?

Hmm.... I'm really, really tempted to see if I can get the fuel system working on the EF again with these figures!....
Old 26-09-2011, 11:53 PM   #3
Day-mow
rexnet

around town its about 13.5 atm. seem to have a heavy right foot :P

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 27-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #4
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I got those figures from my AU3 XR8. DTE's are unreliable at the best of times. Whilst I wont dispute the actual fuel consumption you may be getting (8.3L/100km), I will say the 8 achieves the same feats under the same light-footed conditions.

Urban driving on the other hand is where I found my VCTs consumption to sky-rocket. Given the 8 did the same thing of course.

My argument was never the idea that the VCT was thirsty outright, my argument is always the fact the AU V8 matched its figures in my experience. Which made the VCT seem redundant to ME.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
Day-mow
rexnet

DTE ended up being about right. i probably could have gotten another 60 Km out of it if i kept driving but didn't want to run it to low. fuel light was flicking on and off. $98 to fill up though was enough. hahaha

VCT's also carry a premium in insurance Scotty so you kinda are on the money to a degree. but i still love mine.

Old 27-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
DTE ended up being about right. i probably could have gotten another 60 Km out of it if i kept driving but didn't want to run it to low. fuel light was flicking on and off. $98 to fill up though was enough. hahaha

VCT's also carry a premium in insurance Scotty so you kinda are on the money to a degree. but i still love mine.
I cannot stand the idea of persecuting one for their opinions, sadly it seems to come across that way sometimes. I just thought id put the statement out there, since ive been regularly involved in VCT disputes on this forum.

Its good that you love your VCT, its means your AU is doing its job. Just my experiences and opinions have led me to never buying one again in XR6 guise, so naturally i wont recommend them.
One thing all us AU fans can certainly agree on though in this aspect is that we embarrass VT-VX & B-series owners alike.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
One thing all us AU fans can certainly agree on though in this aspect is that we embarrass VT-VX & B-series owners alike.
haven't actually lined up any yet. but i do love my interior over mum n dads BA