Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
matt0872
Starter Motor

Default lost keys au2 factory alarm needs manual override

hello
i lost the keys for my au2 ute ive got all the new barrel, black box, fob,and key ready to go, trouble is i armed the car before i lost the keys the dash is beebing 4 times and the blinkers are flashing but no alarm horn
i think i just need to manually turn off the armed alarm manually to get started on reprogrming the new fob etc does anyone know how to disarm my alarm manually that would be a great help when i got the car the alarm was dissarmed so no worrys i did the fob trick and all was brand new then i lost the keys and the fob in one go the car was at home when i lost them so two weeks later im still looking for them ive ransacked the kids the house the shed the missus the other shed everywhere to have no luck, so now ive got all the new stuff but i believe i must dissarm the alarm manually to reprogram the new stuff i have tried the battery and fuses no luck can anyone help me please
thankyou matthew

matt0872 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: lost keys au2 factory alarm needs manual override

whats this black box you speak of ?

You need to program the keys to the body module otherwise the hand flashes quickly and doesn't start.

How did you get the ignition barrel out with no keys ?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #3
matt0872
Starter Motor

Default Re: lost keys au2 factory alarm needs manual override

there is a black box thats attached to the ignitionbarrel by one screw i got one with the second hand ignition barrel i brought but i used my exsisting one and srewed it to the barrel i brought im unable to tell you what this black box does its not on all the au ignition barrels that ive seen [but i think it may be for the factory immobiliser] dissconnecting it makes no difference
to remove the igntion barrel itself is very easy easier than even a old datsun or bluebird one, they are fitted with shear off head screws from the factory you just tap them around with a punch[ easy to get at at the top off the steer column without even removing the steering wheel
me biggest issue is i must manually deactivate the alarm as i no longer have the fob thats tuned in to it, i left the windows down a tad the day i lost the keys so when i coulnt find them iwas able to open the door from the inside luckily just had enough room to get my arm inside
this is why i cant program the new fob cause the alarm is still activated i think once the alarm is off then i can make in roads on the new key and fob to get them working

Last edited by matt0872; 06-10-2011 at 12:31 AM.
matt0872 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post