Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XC Cobra #073

I have had this car for about 1 year now, and thought I might finally start a project thread for it. It is going to be a slow process as my Wife and I just had a baby boy! 1 wage now, oh well. First pic is From Tha Jack when he sold it, next pic is from when I bought it from Neil, Then I had it soda/sandblasted.

Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Not seeing any pics Scott????

Oh, and congrats on the new Bub : :

Last edited by Paull; 11-01-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: forgot to be polite
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here they are. I accidently deleted them.

Last edited by Scooter; 14-08-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks mate. Your car is my inspiration! (And it looks like I'm gonna need it!).
Old 11-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #5
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

Love it, look forward to seeing more pics as you go. Hope yours wont take as long as mine has.

Great to see that you still have the original build sheet too.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Outback
Banned

What makes Cobra so expensive, all they where was 500 cars where left over so they painted a blue stripe on a standard falcon 500.
Outback is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
What makes Cobra so expensive, all they where was 500 cars where left over so they painted a blue stripe on a standard falcon 500.

I guess the fact that there was no XC GT, and what 2 door Falcon/Monaro is not expensive? Only the 30 Bathurst cars were really "special"! But 30 cars and a million people wanting 1, you have to go the next best thing (or closest). What makes a XY Phase 3 so expensive?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback
only 400 numbered build cars not 500 so there even rarer than you thought they were now :

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
Paull
P6 LTD

Also, last of the Falcon Hard top's and first ever Aus built cars that were sequentially/specifically numbered.
Old 28-12-2011, 12:36 PM   #10
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XC Cobra #073

Now I know how to use Photobucket thanks to Col, here are some of the pics of the Cobra. When tha Jack had it, when I bought it, after I had it soda/sand blasted and the TKO600 box and Simmons I have for it.
I have had it 2 years now, and it has only just gone in to the panel shop!

Old 28-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 
Default Re: XC Cobra #073

Good stuff Scott

The Blue V5s would also look great on her if you still have them
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post