Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 27-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Fin
Starter Motor

Talking Please Help

Hi All. I just purchased an XB Faimont Coupe and I'm about to start the restoration, can anyone tell me if I can get the rear out wheel archs made up any where or can I buy complete rear guards from anywhere ?

Fin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to the forums.
At this stage there are no reproduction complete panels available although there is talk of them being available soon, but no definate time frame has been mentioned.
A lot of guys that are restoring coupes use the opposite FRONT guard wheel arch and cutting them out and grafting them to their rear quarters.
I hope this is of some help to you.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11275994
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

^^^ What he said ^^^

A good panel shop can do the rear wheel arches from the front guards. If you're in ole Melbourne town I know of a couple whose work is recommended.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
Apollo66
My toy

Location: South Ozz on the only leg Australia has to stand on

That's exactly how my right rear was repaired, here's LH front guard wheel arch moulded in, a front RH was used for the inner part.

Cheers Kerry
Apollo66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
paul 75
Starter Motor

my panelbeater just rebuilt them from scratch, came out nice,if your car is anything like mine was you're in for a whole lot of fun
paul 75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post