Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Default AU II XR8 engine issue?

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11343961

In response the above thread, can someone list the possible and most likely causes of my XR8 to run lean and ping under load around 3000-4000 rpm?
Obviously the engine isnt getting enough fuel. The air filter is new and BP or mobile 98 oct is alway used. Does anyone know what sort of readings the maf sensor should give?

needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: AU II XR8 engine issue?

how many Km has it done? whats the fuel filter like. whats the o2 sensor like.

i dont know heaps about the XR8's but there's a few options for ya

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Could be just a timing issue , get tune shop to run a diagnostic over it, it may just need some timing taken out of it

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
crakrz
T3 TE50 Blueprint

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Craig has shown and shared an outstanding amount of knowledge in the field of Tuning. Craig is only to happy to share with anyone that asks his knowledge on the EEC tuning system, in particularly in the use of Moates Quarterhorse and Binary Editor. 

Fuel pressure would be the first check. Should be 39psi with vac disconnected and blocked off. What plugs do your run? Does the same problem exist only at that RPM or all the way to redline? Maf voltage will be just over 1v at idle to approx 4.5v flat out. Have you cleaned your Maf at all?
crakrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Its done 160,000km. I bought the car with 108,000km on the clock and havent changed a thing on the car yet (Apart from fluids etc.). However, i have just bought new plugs and O2 sensors and just waiting on some leads and coil packs. Will do the fuel filter at the same time. So theres a chance that the problem may have something to do with all of that.
Just curious though, what cost am i looking at to get a re-tune done?
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post