Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default are the 220kw motor stock headers an upgrade from the 200kw motor stocks headers?

any thoughts/opinions?

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: are the 220kw motor stock headers an upgrade from the 200kw motor stocks headers?

i think both are restrictive for memory. see paul and get him to slap on some pacemaker's

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 
Default Re: are the 220kw motor stock headers an upgrade from the 200kw motor stocks headers?

I have a feeling they're the same.
In any case, short 4-1's like that are crap.

A decent set of tri-y's are best for all street use, brands like H&M, Advance, Hurricane, Genie, and Lukey, all make sets which have good tube size and length.
Old 30-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can pretty much get a set for the price of a smile so it was worth asking.

Yeah, when my house/bills stop hogging my cash flow allows me ill get paul to hook me up with some headers and CAI stuff too.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

These are stock 220 against stock T3 apart from the HP coating they are the same , you may be able to compare the 200s against the pictures

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
Day-mow
rexnet

are they pretty restrictive Whoosha? i dont know much but they kinda look like they all get put into 1 pretty quick.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

The 200 and 220 kw factory header's are the same, although I have seen one set from a 220 (susposedly) that was larger in the pipe exiting the cat then my old 200kw ones, but I have also seen other's from a 220kw that were the same diameter.
But in general they are identical, so if you are looking to get a gain going from 200kw to 220kw factory header's, quite simply you wont.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
are they pretty restrictive Whoosha? i dont know much but they kinda look like they all get put into 1 pretty quick.
For a factory style header they wern't to bad, obviously there are better out there in aftermarket, but they still wern't that bad flow wise.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

The factory ones are great headers if youre looking to make the car dull and boring.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
T3man
Banned

Yep - my T3s are all dull and boring so it must be the factory headers doing it.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
Yes, they really are that bad.
The primary pipes are way to short, and they aren't tuned length.
They are used from factory because they're cheap to make, easy to install, and a little better than an old style cast log manifold.

A much longer primary pipe, and tuned lenght will improves things.

Good tri-y's will improve things even further.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Yep - my T3s are all dull and boring so it must be the factory headers doing it.
yeah but 40 extra cubes helps overcome it!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #13
Sox
RIP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
These are stock 220 against stock T3 apart from the HP coating they are the same , you may be able to compare the 200s against the pictures
Have you got a spare set of these?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:55 PM   #14
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Well with out getting into the pros and cons of it all if you have none then I would buy Pacey's or Diphilllipo's if you have a set of 220s sitting there I would use them,Thing is to Look at what your going to use your car for If its basically a streeter with a few trips down the track, I would go the cheap option , It comes down to bang for buck, Ford gear both on the AUs and BAs arnt that bad IMO. Its been a while since I was involved in a fair bit of the early testing with AU V8s, from memory the HP gain on the aftermarket headers was only minimal at best until you open the motors up a bit then they come into there own, especially the 4 into 1 stuff .
and sorry Sox the T3 set will probably end up on a XR8 Cortina

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post