Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-10-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
BHDOGS
Banned

Default fairmont irs

OK i have a v8 fairmont series 2 now as i understand fairmonts had the option of having irs fitted but didnt come standard with it so how can i tell if my car has irs or not might be a stupid question but im an eseries guy this is my first au and all the stuff is different now.

BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
T3man
Banned

Default Re: fairmont irs

Have a look under the back - does it have a solid beam axle? If so it is the basic Watt's Link set-up. On the other hand if you see two exposed half-shafts going from the diff to the wheel hub carriers then it has IRS.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Jimmyd
Banned

Solid non IRS (just like your e-series)

IRS

Cheers

James
Jimmyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
T3man
Banned

Purrfect - good on you Jim.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Another way to tell is to weigh your wallet - if you have IRS it will be rather light.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Another way to tell is to weigh your wallet - if you have IRS it will be rather light.

Hahah ive heard this cheers guys ill stick my head under tomorrow and have a looksie
Old 09-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
BHDOGS
Banned

seems i have a regular diff which im happy about
Old 09-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #8
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Good to hear mate - expect to have virtually 0 trouble with your falcon's rear end for many hundreds of thousands of kays to come.
Oh except for the odd trailing arm bush, but they're a half hour fix not a 4 hour fix!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #9
BHDOGS
Banned

should be able to get a better sway bar fitted to just gota lose this huge towbar on my car i think its the 2600 kilo one becoz its massive