Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Replacing XR headlights

I've just bought an XR headlight set to replace one of my low beams which copped a hit from a rock and cracked a while back. I'd like to replace the light but unsure how, just wondering if anybody has done it. I do have a full set of them brand new in the shed but I want to just use the parts from the one I bought and change what I need, and keep my full set as spares.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
zdenko
2002 XR6 VCT Owner

Default Re: Replacing XR headlights

Well, you are gonna have take the whole front bar off unfortunately.
I do not have a guide on this, but have looked at doing it on my own XR6, but thought it was more trouble than it was worth for the minor damage I had.

TO get the front bar off, you have to remember to take the plastic splash shields off in the front guards as they are attached to the front bar. This will also give you better access to the blinkers which you also have to disconnect to remove the bar.

If you have a look at your lights they sit in black plastic frames, which of course are mounted under the bumper mounts.

There are 6 screws in the top of the bar from memory attaching it to the body.
I do not know if there are any hidden on the underneath.

Hope that helps a bit.

This is all I have found in the forum.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11307017
Air Hog Air Filter + 2.5 Inch Sterling Mandrel Bent Exhaust + Supercheap Oval Tip.
Carbon Fibre Style Vinyl Wrapped Roof and Boot
zdenko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Whole bar has to come off takes about 20 mins. lower tray first, all the skrivets from the top that can be seen, the ones from the inner gaurds ,(Much easier with wheels off) and the 2x 8mm bolts internally each side as in the pick from zedenko's link, and there may have been one each side on the front panel ..just dont quite remember then it sort of slides out and down .

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Gaz
Got Ghia?

http://www.twinlight.com.au/SPARE%20...U%20XR6-8..pdf

There's a rough, kinda helpful guide, but if you don't have extra new lugs, try not to break the originals.

It's mostly self explanatory as you pull them apart.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Plus i think there is a fastener behind the number plate.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes it`s a bit of a pain in the rear, just replaced a couple of mine a while ago, would`nt it be nice to have a tilt front, and when you open it up the lights stay there, and it`s just a mass of room and no shocker towers , ooh i`m gettin a woody just thinkin about it
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbits
Plus i think there is a fastener behind the number plate.
MYTH spent 1/2 a hour looking for it on mine
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post