Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Storme93
Jeep/Mercedes Technician

Default BA air intake into AU

Just wondering if I can fit a BA air intake box into my AU? Also will the air intake hose to the throttle body of my AU fit or will that have to be replaced by a BA intake pipe as well?

Cheers

FGX XR8, Silhouette, Manual, 500HP, 940NM, Tune, 71mm Pulley, KPM Intercooler, BMC Twin Air Filter
Storme93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Day-mow
rexnet

Default Re: BA air intake into AU

BA TB pipe. Into 3" pipe into Bored intake on air box will give some gains.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
Storme93
Jeep/Mercedes Technician

but can i use the BA airbox? and would the BA box give any benefits over the Au box or not?

FGX XR8, Silhouette, Manual, 500HP, 940NM, Tune, 71mm Pulley, KPM Intercooler, BMC Twin Air Filter
Storme93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I believe it is to high for an AU.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #5
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Ken
I believe it is to high for an AU.
UK
yep too high for an AU. i try'd it before even took a bit out of the lid to lower it, redid the lower as the inner guards are different but ended up givin up spent 3 days of in out in out, fiberglassin, gluin ect. still in my shed if you want it
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
Day-mow
rexnet

if you want to add to your's you could put the F6 style air intake in

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 07-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
webbiegareth

Is there a good guide to adding the F6 style to the standard AU airbox? I saw some which basically just use some 90mm pipe sticking out the front, sitting behind the headlight... but wouldn't that suck in too much hot air?

Is this all the F6 secondary intake does (sits behind the headlight), or does it somehow channel the air from the front of the car to get in cooler air?

All I've done to our AU is add the XR6T style snorkel to the standard AU airbox, and then cut a small amount of plastic out of the front grill to allow more air to flow up to the snorkel (you can't see the mod with the bonnet down).
webbiegareth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Day-mow
rexnet

Yep that's a good start and yes that's how the F6 intake works. There's an autO speed article on it. I think it's titled negative boost. It gives a basic how to.
Re the f6 intake I had it to and I'm not sold on it personally. I think I'm gonna get an acon or what ever they're called biz. Whoosha does the work with them and they're pretty rad and work well for $2Oo worth it. Other wise sus that auto speed article.

By this is all my opinion